PDA

View Full Version : Yawning

Girr
11-08-2006, 02:13 AM
I don't have any real knowledge

in the area so I'm hoping to get some input from someone working in the field...

I was thinking that

maybe people yawn to force your face into the flehmen position to open up the pathways to the VNO, so that you can

sense other people around you when your other senses are dulled from fatigue.

And just to show it is a relevent

topic, if I assume correctly, pheromone usage could be more affective around people that are tired. So using it late

in the evening could mean better results.

Just a thought :think:

Superman
11-08-2006, 06:14 AM
It's an interesting

hypothesis!

Hmm..

platinumfox
11-08-2006, 06:58 AM
I don't have any

real knowledge in the area so I'm hoping to get some input from someone working in the field...

I

was thinking that maybe people yawn to force your face into the flehmen position to open up the pathways to the VNO,

so that you can sense other people around you when your other senses are dulled from fatigue.

And just to

show it is a relevent topic, if I assume correctly, pheromone usage could be more affective around people that are

tired. So using it late in the evening could mean better results.

Just a thought

:think:
Sounds logical to me I notice women yawning too and consider a sign that they are

relaxed.

Superman
11-08-2006, 07:02 AM
So if you fake a yawn, they

will probably yawn too and get relaxed... might be a good strategy...

Tiger4
11-08-2006, 08:09 AM
According to renowned body language expert Dr. Lillian Glass and Psychiatrist Dr. Martin Rush, yawning is a sign

that the person is trying to avoid a troubling issue.

So if you fake a yawn, they will

probably yawn too and get relaxed... might be a good strategy...

koolking1
11-08-2006, 08:48 AM
yawning was

a sign of being tired or bored, back to the drawing board!!!

Superman
11-08-2006, 09:19 AM
yawning was a

sign of being tired or bored, back to the drawing board!!!

I think it is too!
If I'm yawning she might

think I'm bored with what she's saying.. Might send that message...

Girr
11-08-2006, 10:57 AM
You all are very quick to dismiss

something without giving it much thought.

Firstly, there is no solid proof for why we yawn or what triggers it.

Everything that was proven had later been disproved. There are a lot of theories but nothing definate. Do some

research if you don't believe me.

Secondly the flehmen response helps expose the vomeronasal organ and draws

scent molecules back toward it. This particular response is most recognizable in stallions when smelling the urine

of a mare in heat. The face is pulled in a way which resembles yawning, except for the mouth being slightly more

closed. Since we breathe in when we yawn, it is possible that we are not only trying to get more oxygen, but also

scent molecules to sense people around us.

Superman
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm not dismissing anything.

Just saying that you may be sending a subliminal signal to the other person.... Of course, if it's very late I

think you could get by if you say you're feeling tired. Not sure how that can help though...

Girr
11-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Lets say you're out and you come

across a girl thats yawning for whatever reason, lets say she's tired. If my assumption is correct, then the mones

will have more effect on her than if she was more alert and not yawning. Therefore, going out late in the evening

wearing mones could get you a bigger hit than if you wore them in the morning.

I came across another thread

(from back in 2002) that someone had observed that using AE was causing women to yawn, perhaps they were

subconsciously trying to take in more pheromones? Unfortunately he didn't provide anymore insight. Although he

might have just been a very boring guy:POKE:

platinumfox
11-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I am with you Girr you could

try an experiment on yourself.If you breathe in a good cologne you take in so much it triggers the nose and

sometimes cause you to yawn to get in more oxygen.Its a possible sign not as big as hair caressing but it is

something to look for.