PDA

View Full Version : Pheromones

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Another question I have is:

How can pheromones exert an effect like that a bearer of perfume is considered attractive?

What systems (their development and interactions) are involved in pheromone influenced reproductive cycles?

I hope that someone can help me with these things.

Thank you.

Bruce
01-25-2002, 08:06 AM
I\'m not sure if I get this question exactly, but it looks like a job for James.
Bruce

Whitehall
01-25-2002, 10:12 AM
Looks like someone wants us to write their term paper for them! What they really need to do is buy some and try it out themselves. Theory is fine as a way to inform action but factual experience comes first.

While the theory behind pheromones is of interest, my focus is how to use them in the real world. That topic is a legitimate topic for this forum. After all, we all have difficulty finding the right words to describe the effects on ourselves and others. It\'s like the effects take place on a layer of the brain beneath the layer for verbalization. That\'s why men, especially, have difficulty \"talking\" about emotions in general.

We\'ve even had to invent metaphors for the observed effects on others - DIHL - \"Deer in Head Lights\" for one. Our theorists haven\'t even attempted to explain that effect yet.