PDA

View Full Version : Scientist: Dosing Review

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 04:17 AM
Scientist, can you find your original post about dosing? The search doesn\'t work anymore. The information is definitely worth archiving. Also, do you have further thoughts about the optimal dose on clothing vs. skin and for each pheromone (-none, -rone, -nol, etc.)?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 06:19 AM
I remember seeing on a post that the desired about of pheros is .02mg per application.

PHP 87
01-24-2002, 02:18 PM
Here ya go.

Topic: Hits and Delivered Phermone Dose (\"http://hit-central.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000576\")

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Looks like someone beat me to it.

At some point in the future I\'ll go through and grab a bunch more hit descriptions and plug them in, to see if there\'s any changes and to validate the first work.

wingrider81
01-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Hey Everbody,
Didn\'t some helpful member put together a pheromone comparison chart? I am sure that I saw it but can\'t find it now. It had kind of a spreadsheet look to it. Maybe it should be in the archives too..Thanx in advance..
Wingrider images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2002, 01:31 PM
Check out page two of the Forum Club post.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2002, 03:04 PM
Next time you make measurements, Scientist, consider weighing the *container* before and after delivering a dose--instead of trying to measure the dose directly. Just a thought... :-)

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 12:30 AM
Yeah, weighing the container before and after a spray, a dab, or 6 inches of roll is a great idea! All we need is someone who has access to a digital lab scale that\'s accurate to 0.1 mg (~0.0001 ml). We could even get a mean and standard deviation for each unit! Very useful...

Scientist, chemist, do you have access to a digital lab scale?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 01:37 PM
If you want a reasonably accurate scale, you can get them for either cooking, or mail purposes.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 06:01 PM
None of the doses were determined by weighing the dose -- all were measured by volume.

My precision balance can\'t handle the mass of the phero bottles. Actually, it can\'t handle more than about 2g.

The research I did is my famous qwik-n-dirty method. In my own field (which is more of a statistical, econometric modelling one) I drive people nuts with this, using single variable models to kick out results to a high degree of accuracy. It\'s pretty common for collegues to place bets on my results with \"the new guy.\" It\'s a sucker\'s deal.

Now, if I were really anal, what I\'d do is apply a measured dose to a lambskin condom or similar skin substitute and measure the \"outgassing\" of the pheros over time. Of course you\'d need to control for humitiy and loss of the carrier, too. But it\'d be interesting.

But no one pays me to do this stuff, so use your own scale. images/icons/shocked.gif

images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 06:05 PM
BTW, slightly off-topic, but getting pulled over with a precision scale in your car can be a really -uh- inconvienient situation.

Keep it in the trunk.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 07:42 PM
Yes, there\'s 10,000 mg of solution in a bottle of SOE, but the 5 mg of pheros contain approximately 250 optimal doses. So each dose weighs about 40 mg of solution. The accuracy of a digital lab scale (0.1 mg) would be plenty, but a mail or cooking scale would not.

Come on, Scientist, do the condom experiment!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 07:45 PM
Hell why didnt i think of that adding pheromones to a condom christ that one would be amazing we have already have had feedback of orgasm from a woman who applied i think it was TE or NPA to her clitoris during sex and apparently it was an intense one and also the case of the erection that wouldnt go away using Primal instinct for women. So i guess that would be the next oen to folllw up hey.

Whitehall
01-29-2002, 09:01 PM
Want cheap scales?
http://balance.balances.com/scales/444 (\"http://balance.balances.com/scales/444\")

Whitehall
01-29-2002, 11:43 PM
Truth,

Doesn\'t have to be THAT accurate! The dose of active ingredient is 0.1 mg but it is in a carrier fluid and is rather dilute - 5 mg in 10 ml or 5 mg in roughly 10,000 mg - assuming the carrier is the same density as water.

A 1 mg scale should work just fine - you can buy quite sensitive plastic scales for $20 or $30

**DONOTDELETE**
01-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Well, 10 mg accuracy is barely enough to be useful. I\'d prefer 1 mg though.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-30-2002, 10:11 AM
Uh, the reference of adding pheros to a condom was so that a condom would simulate the skin.

I think putting pheros on a latex condom and using it for its intended purpose would be a really bad idea.

oscar
01-30-2002, 10:58 AM
Scientist,

You wrote: \"I think putting pheros on a latex condom and using it for its intended purpose would be a really bad idea.\"

Stop encouraging him, please! images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif