PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna be that guy but...

somesign
10-17-2006, 07:23 PM
...I finally just gotta ask.

To preface this, i want to say i'm 32 years old (may be old to some, young to

others), but it is to say i've had a fair amount of experience with women in both social and intimate settings. And

the fact is, with men, it's all about competition and alpha maleness and, no pun intended, "primal instinct" as far

as who gets to mate. To the victor go the spoils, so to speak, so any advantage we can get, like say, artificial

pheremones, that may help us to get laid, propogate the species and so forth, is a good thing.

So this may be

regarded by some as sexism (which is not intended i can assure you), or at least sterotyping, but as far as i can

tell, most men (myself included) don't need alot of coaxing to get them, um, horny. A little shake of the female

bum seems to do it for most of us. :wub:

Now i honestly don't mean to be gauche, so i'll pre-apologize to any

that take offense, but i am sincerely curious...

...why in the world would a woman feel the need to use

pheremones to attract a male? :think:

live4themusic
10-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Probably for the same

reason you think pheromones might help you out when all you REALLY need to 'attract' women is a fat

wallet.

EDITED: I just realized this was in the Women's Forum... it should probably be in Open Discussion, I

don't know if we're supposed to post here.

gaf
10-19-2006, 04:33 AM
...I finally just

gotta ask.
(snip)
...why in the world would a woman feel the need to use pheremones to attract a male?

:think:

This may surprise you, but not all woman get hit on by guys.... and some of those belive that

it's not their role to make the first move, so in effect they want to give the guys a "reason" to hit on

them.

I reserve the right to be totally wrong on this one. :angel:

restless
10-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Agreed with gaf. The following

are strictly my own thoughts, but I'd like to confirm (or destroy, as better fit) these ideas, if any girl here

would please... ;)

There's an old saying about "tree-top apples". It says that these are often the most

beautiful, shining and sweet, but most people won't even try to get them because they may think they can't -

although it's surely worth the efforts.

So, don't expect to see only scary faces using 'mones; strange as

it may sound, even tree-toppers would need them to break the ice in some cases. Also, most men seem inclined to

think that what comes easy is not so worthy; from that principle, some real worthy women won't feel like giving

this impression by approaching their "targets", so better give the man a greater "urge" to take iniciatives. It's

particularly true with timid men too.

Or, in another hand, it may be useful to give an extra-boost (in

whatever sense may be) to an already good relationship, or to print a deeper impression or mark in their

counterpart.

Well, that's my perceptions. Feel free to shoot them down if I'm out of line. :) In any case,

I would love to have a clearer idea of this.

somesign
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
well i think that restless may

be the front runner in most intelligent answer so far, to any question, by anyone, ever :box:... but i find it a

litle odd that no women have weighed in?

no matter tho...it was a moot question to begin with and obviously no

one else finds this an interesting topic. so ruled. :hammer:

peace!

silksand
10-21-2006, 07:56 AM
...why

in the world would a woman feel the need to use pheremones to attract a male? :think:

Why would she

feel the need to wear makeup, style her hair, dress well, smile, work out, etc?

perhaps knowing that some

guys only need to see a female form to get horny isn't enough for her ... maybe she wants to appeal to choosier,

higher status males, and - just like you - she will use any advantage she can!

Even in an established

relationship - or maybe especially in one - certain 'mones (cops and 'none, for example) can make sex hotter, like

it was in the beginning.

I've heard of at least one case on this forum of a woman using cops with a guy who

*thought* he was impotent!

Outside of the mating realm, there are other reasons to use pheromones. They can

induce mental states (in the wearer and those she encounters) that are pleasant or useful for creative, business and

social purposes.

countesszero
10-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Silksand I couldnt have

said it better. I'm a business woman and in the boardroom a little sexuality goes a long way.

I've been

married for a year but we've been together for 8 years total. Wearing mones adds spice to our relationship and

keeps things interesting.