PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs

Mtnjim
10-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Interesting Lou Dobbs comintary

here (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/10/Dobbs.Oct11/index.html)!

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- I don't know about

you, but I can't take seriously anyone who takes either the Republican Party or Democratic Party seriously -- in

part because neither party takes you and me seriously; in part because both are bought and paid for by corporate

America and special interests. And neither party gives a damn about the middle class.
Our country's middle class

is not just collateral damage in what has become all-out class warfare. Political, business and academic elites are

waging an outright war on working men and women and their families, and there is no chance the American middle class

will survive this assault if the dominant forces unleashed over the past five years continue unchecked."

koolking1
10-12-2006, 04:59 AM
couldn't agree more.

What's sad for me is that the Dems will likely take back one or two houses this coming election but for the wrong

reason (the sex scandal) when it should be other reasons (ending the Iraq war; restoring our liberties; fixing the

Katrina mess). Alas, both parties are now seemingly one party.

belgareth
10-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Sounds like Mr. Dobbs has a

good handle on the problem. It isn't about whether you are a democrat or a republican, that's all petty BS that

distracts us from the real issues. It's about the well being of the people versus the government hacks.

Mtnjim
10-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Sounds like Mr.

Dobbs has a good handle on the problem. It isn't about whether you are a democrat or a republican, that's all

petty BS that distracts us from the real issues. It's about the well being of the people versus the government

hacks.

The part I found interesting was the talk about the attacks on the middle class, interest for an

"establishment insider". I used to watch Lou Dobbs when he would be on Wall Street Week. He and Alan Greenspan

(Before he took over the FED.) were weekly guests.

belgareth
10-12-2006, 12:54 PM
It is surprising that an

insider would address those facts but I saw nothing in his commentary that I could disagree with. I've always liked

the observation that congress is the best 314 men and women money can buy. It's true and getting worse all the time

while people play these party politics games instead of addressing the real issues.

koolking1
10-12-2006, 01:00 PM
of career

politicians that will do anything to stay in power, both backed by the same money =s what?

belgareth
10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
It equals the general public

getting screwed by the government we pay for out of our pockets. It equals the middle class being squeezed more

every day. A few manage to get above it but the majority end up poor.

Mtnjim
10-12-2006, 01:40 PM
It equals the

general public getting screwed by the government we pay for out of our pockets. It equals the middle class being

squeezed more every day. A few manage to get above it but the majority end up poor.

That's why they had

to end Welfare to the poor, they needed the money for Welfare for the rich (multinational corperations).

Mtnjim
10-12-2006, 01:41 PM
It is surprising

that an insider would address those facts but I saw nothing in his commentary that I could disagree with. I've

always liked the observation that congress is the best 314 men and women money can buy. It's true and getting worse

all the time while people play these party politics games instead of addressing the real issues.

This

very thing is why I thought his statements should be posted.

belgareth
10-12-2006, 02:19 PM
That's why they

had to end Welfare to the poor, they needed the money for Welfare for the rich (multinational

corperations).
While it's kind of off track, I really don't agree with true welfare for the poor either.

Not to let them starve but we can get into that later if you want.