PDA

View Full Version : Maker of Masters!! He is real!

bronzie
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Seems

this Dr. Peter T. Pugliese is not that elusive after all, he actually exists! And he is a real Dr with a very long

Bio and Career.

Theres more to Masters for men then meets the eye!

He also makes a product called

pheradore, interesting to hear if anyone has used it, seems its exclusively a womens only product though, but us

guys tend to jump the fence in using thier products anyway.

jvkohl
10-08-2006, 08:14 PM
How "real" is real. I like to

verify other researcher's claims to fame via either Medline,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?DB=pubmed
or scholar.google.com

Try "PT Pugliese"

and "JV Kohl"

Let me know if you find a better means to authenticate the "Masters" and "Mistress" product

line. Their advertising is some of the worst propaganda I've read.

JVK

bronzie
10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Yep, looked up those sites, I

get you, his back to the elusive trash can!

terry0400-40
10-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Seems this Dr. Peter T. Pugliese is not that elusive after all, he actually exists! And he is a real

Dr with a very long Bio and Career.

Theres more to Masters for men then meets the eye!

He also makes a

product called pheradore, interesting to hear if anyone has used it, seems its exclusively a womens only product

though, but us guys tend to jump the fence in using thier products anyway."Pugliese" I wonder how long it

took to make the name up ? it sort of isnt to bad as it could belong to an individual involved with serious vaginal

reshearch with his white coat on and head down sniffing around looking for results making scientific notes to

confuse everyone blinding us all with science. Whoever made the name up probably had a real good grin on his face

when he finally finished and had the name made up and down on paper, it is the sort of job that i think i would

like, i wonder if the pay is ok ?:lol: :thumbsup:

bronzie
10-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Dr. Peter T.

Pugliese

yeah the name sounds rather fake, it rolls off the tongue to easily

jvkohl
10-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Dr. Peter T.

Pugliese

yeah the name sounds rather fake, it rolls off the tongue to easily

The doctor is

real, but I've found no information that indicates any involvement with pheromone research. A Dateline special on

the making of "fake" infomercials detailed the involvement of a doctor who had been paid $5000 to endorse with her

testimony the effectiveness of a skin-treatment that contained Nestle's Quick powder as its active ingredient. Just

shows how little it costs to have someone toss ethical considerations aside to make a few more dollars.

Since

everyone involved makes money--as much as if they had actually come up with an effective product--there is little

incentive to spend the amount it costs to do research and development. That's why you see so much fake stuff out

there--especially when it comes to pheromone products.

JVK

WorkingMann
10-10-2006, 05:38 AM
I googled his name and pher

- this:
"Peter T. Pugliese pher" in the google searchbar.
And I found this:
<link

deleted>

jvkohl
10-10-2006, 06:30 AM
I googled his

name and pher - this:
"Peter T. Pugliese pher" in the google searchbar.
And I found this:

I

think that including the link will get your post censored, so I dropped it from my response. However, I note here

that Dr. Pubgliese attempts to establish himself as an authority, using a citation to my published work--"Human

Pheromones: Integrating Neuroendocrinology and Ethology." I have no idea how many others there are who have used my

efforts to promote their products, but I've seen many examples, including one that says Pheromones are sometimes

called the Scent of Eros, in an attempt to draw traffic to his site by using the name of my book and product line. I

continue to hope that Forum members will check further into the ridiculous claims that are made by those who will do

anything to market products, except research.

JVK

terry0400-40
10-10-2006, 11:51 AM
"Pugliese" I wonder how long it took to make the name up ? it sort of isnt to bad as it could

belong to an individual involved with serious vaginal reshearch with his white coat on and head down sniffing around

looking for results making scientific notes to confuse everyone blinding us all with science. Whoever made the name

up probably had a real good grin on his face when he finally finished and had the name made up and down on paper, it

is the sort of job that i think i would like, i wonder if the pay is ok ?:lol: :thumbsup: Well it looks like

i have to wash my mouth out with soap as i have clicked onto DR Pugliese,s home page and it appears that he is a

rather distinguished person with who has published over 60 papers and written 2 wellknown books on skin physiology

and also sex and longevity, advanced professional skin care and also in 1996 The society of cosmetic chemists

awarded him their highest honour the MAISON G DENAVARRE MEDAL for his contribution to cosmetic research. In feb 2001

he was working with a new jersey cosmetic company on a pheromone product called ENTICE which he hoped to market. At

the present time he is promoting and selling a female self awareness good feeling fragrance called PherAdore that

must be applied under the nose and also to the wrists and pulsepoints, the cost is $69.95 usd, this product is sold

from his homepage that i found reference to on this forum.The Doctor appears a lot older and more distinguished than

i thought and it really does appear that the gentleman has a lot more going for himself than i thought so it is back

to the drawing board for the masters, i wonder how popular this product is and if it is gaining a following, i

suppose time will tell.In the meantime i shall have to take my medicine and offer pennance for ridiculing his good

name.:frustrate :box: :nono: :(

silksand
10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Most of Dr. Pugliese's

articles were published by SKIN, INC, a trade magazine catering to spas and salons, not peer-reviewed journals. He

presented numerous papers at The Pugliese Group School (which yields zero hits on google) or at estheticians'

conferences. I don't see any paper trail documenting his involvement with pheromones.

His invention of

cellulite-fighting pantyhose sounds nice, though.

I think you can spare yourself the soap, Terry.

Big M
10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Hummmm how about actually trying

the product , And see if it works before you pass judgement . To many Scientist wanna bees here .How about first

hand trial and error ? I've had masters for aweek now , And used it afew times . There is something to that

concoction just can't put my finger on it yet .
I get a light buzz when i put it on around the mouth area , I

feel mellow / relaxed for awhile after using it . As for effects on women I have not used it long enough to guage

any responses,

terry0400-40
10-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Most of Dr. Pugliese's articles were published by SKIN, INC, a trade magazine catering to spas and

salons, not peer-reviewed journals. He presented numerous papers at The Pugliese Group School (which yields zero

hits on google) or at estheticians' conferences. I don't see any paper trail documenting his involvement with

pheromones.

His invention of cellulite-fighting pantyhose sounds nice, though.

I think you can spare

yourself the soap, Terry. I would prefere strawberries or a ripe peach any time so may i save the soap to

wash my masters off ? only joking, i dont have any even though i am intrigued at the possabilities the mystical

master may have up his sleeve, and thank you darling for sparing me the soap you sound so nice. RE the MP well i

must say i am a bit of a sucker and can be taken in easily at times especially if i am not led by the spitit of

truth because of my habit of rushing in to areas where angels fear to tread,but then again even after my very last

breath there is space for me, ahem its time 4 me to move on so sea ya sweet chops. terry0400-40 :kiss:

jvkohl
10-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Hummmm how

about actually trying the product , And see if it works before you pass judgement .

This is an

expensive approach. Since most people can't afford to try every product, it makes more sense to check for

references on whoever is claiming to be the authority behind the product. That's why I think it's inappropriate

for Pugliese to cite my work in support of his products.

To many Scientist wanna bees

here .How about first hand trial and error ? I've had masters for aweek now , And used it afew times . There is

something to that concoction just can't put my finger on it yet.

Perhaps you'll tell us what's in

it, and whether there is any scientific support for using whatever that is.

JVK

Big M
10-11-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm not a Scientist, nor do I

claim to be. Since you are are A Scientist (JV Kohl) And researcher that is something you can do . But i'm quite

aware there is alot of jealousy with in the scientific community , So the quick bad mouthing of a product without

actually trying said product , and giving it a chance , may stem from alterior motives. After all Arrogance runs

quite rampant amongst the scientific community . The bottom line is before badmouthing a product give it a fair

chance trial and error . I want to hear from actual users of a product before i draw any conclusions .( P.S Your

product SOE is a great product I have used it personaly !
I forgot to mention if the maker of Masters is using

your book too promote his product, without your permission that is a big NO NO ,And you should call him on it.

jvkohl
10-11-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm not a Scientist... The bottom line is before badmouthing a product give it

a fair chance trial and error.

The fact that you are not a scientist is probably what leads you into

the trial and error process. In contrast, as a scientist, when I first heard about this product, I investigated it,

and was overwhelmed with misinformation.

I was told by a company representative that they preferred use of

the following chemicals in their formulation: Vomeropherin (a non-specific term for compounds that activate the

non-existent human VNO: and a term coined by other marketers), Estratetraniol (misspelled) -- and TRP2, V1R/V2R,

which are only known to me as possible pheromone receptors--not pheromones.

I was also advised that the

formula was created by Dr. Peter Pugliese, who has a vast array of data on the compounds --though no true clinical

study had been done on these newer "pheromones". Finally, I was told that Lorne Caplan is responsible for the

formula.

Created by Dr. Peter Pugliese, but Lorne Caplan is responsible for the formula--seems to be

conflicting information. But I could care less about this specific conflict when nothing I was told is supported by

either by scientific data or any biologically based model that I am aware of.

Note that I received this

information from a company representative in June 2006, and did the best I could to resist "bad mouthing" their

product. Only when I saw that Pugliese was using my Neuroendocrinology Letters review paper to support ??his??

products, was I inclined to comment from my scientific perspective. Note, also, that I have not "bad mouthed" other

products, despite the fact that few hold up to any degree of scientific scrutiny.

( P.S Your product SOE is a great product I have used it personaly !

Thanks, but in all

cases it might help you save money, time, and effort to learn more about the products before

purchase.

I forgot to mention if the maker of Masters is using your book too

promote his product, without your permission that is a big NO NO ,And you should call him on

it.

Pugliese cites my 2001 published Neuroendocrinology Letters review as support for his product.

And he is entitled to cite anything that I have published. Other marketers do this in attempts to validate their

claims. But anyone who actually reads the cited work will find that it invalidates their claims. Since most people

are unable to make any sense of technically written research papers, marketers are free to take advantage of them. I

continue to suggest on occasion that people read my less technically written book.

My main concern is that by

taking advantage of unsuspecting buyers, the marketers give the entire concept of human pheromones a bad image. But

you offer me the opportunity to present another concern. Namely, if I am critical of other products, I may create a

bad image for myself, and my scientific efforts. That's why I haven't said much about other products in the past,

and am unlikely to do so in the future.

Your comments just happened to draw me out a bit in this

thread.

JVK

Big M
10-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Fair enough :thumbsup:

eric_pelletier_tw
10-11-2006, 06:18 PM
cool i foud my cosin

in your Pubmed DB
:)

jvkohl
10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
cool i

foud my cosin in your Pubmed DB
:)

That's great! I doubt that my own mother, or any other

relatives even realize the significance of Pubmed citations, much less a listing as first author on a review. She

took photos of me with the diploma and medal I was awarded for the review, but is unlikely to ever understand what I

do. She even asked me one time why I would choose to study anything related to sex.

Send an email to your

cousin congratulating him; the support of family members is a plus in any area of research. And remember to look for

additional citations at scholar.google.com where you can even see who has cited the research of

others.

JVK