PDA

View Full Version : A Bad Workplace Hit - A Warning

Whitehall
01-23-2002, 10:18 AM
So I\'ve been friendly enough - cordial but little more - with a 30 y/o female in my office - I\'ve visited her cubical for work and social chat and vice versa over the last three years. Nothing serious going on as she has a boyfriend plus dating at work is bad policy. We\'re both fairly outgoing and sociable and have never had any friction.

So I stopped in the other day to ask if she had a stamp and gave her a mild compliment on her sweater then left. I was probably wearing a light mix of Dolce & Gabbana and NPA.

She went to Human Resources and complained that I made her feel \"uncomfortable\" and was staring at her breasts!!!!! Her sweater was a marvelously loud blue color and ill-fitting but I don\'t remember staring. I was shocked by the injustice.

The only thing I can think of is that she had a very negative reaction to my pheromones. I promised to never visit her cubicle again (Easy!!). She may be just pregnant but that\'s a guess.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 12:29 PM
God the amount of \"human resource related: comments ive had from female work collegues could have had half the store sacked by now, it just seems like one big retail sexfest, were a inner city retail giant. So i guess i dont know but i never really make comments for the same reason. Most females are ok to call a guy sexy etc etc, but if the favour is returned well you may as well kiss the job goodbye unless you are \"manager\" or up then you are immune. Its workplace sexual behavioural selection at its worst but unless you got pheromones you got no chance. images/icons/laugh.gif images/icons/laugh.gif images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 03:29 PM
Yo DD, what did you mean that unless you have phero\'s you don\'t have a chance. That the phero\'s help you out in these situations or get you into these situations. And did you say that you had the same problems too? Did they ever compromise your job? Cause that would seriously blow!

Whitehall
01-23-2002, 03:55 PM
I would also like to add that I am known for my graciousness and good manners. Staring at a woman\'s boobs is something I know how NOT to do!

If memory serves, during the \"incident\" the female had what may have been the first DIHL I\'ve seen. Too bad it was so negative.

So I see some danger in pheromones in the workplace.

Chemist
01-23-2002, 04:00 PM
I\'ve noticed negative reactions from dominant guys in the workplace when wearing -none heavy pheromones. If you think YES! is weak - the first day I wore it (3+ years ago), I all of a sudden noticed domineering postures and actions from males who were above me in the chain command and also from peers who were more competetive. Friendly peers and those lower than me were unaffected. So much so that I had to NOT wear -none to work on days I wanted to be left alone. My current work situation is all with friendly people, but still, the reaction was significant.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Yeah ive had not problems but things that could have turned into problems, luckily im always thinking about these things and at work know those ?to trust and those not to.

Yeah i find that problem to those high up and those around me are very competitive (the all time favourite is where they just circle like eagles not doing anything much except looking tough etc - we know this as the alpha male syndrome where they are just addicted to the power or looking powerful sometimes if i dont know them well lets just say with NLP training one doesnt need to say a word to have some fun with these guys.)

I like to turn towards them and slowly follow them around and quite often they start to put it together that ive caught on to them and then i just flash one hell of a smile and watch the alpha males go bright red in the face its a good thing- or when talking to them in general or in a group i make a point of generalising that i am able to recongize body language and make a habit within the group of recongizing the \"alpha male type behaviour\" and then asking the alpha male indirectly but drawing their attention to it have they ever felt like or seen the \"alpha male\" behaviour in action and then i bring up that they were doing something similar earlier in the piece and it catches em embarrassed or off guard and after that well it usually stops.

Another is just following them around while drawing others attention to it that usulaly brings a stop to it to, or as soon as they start i just get up and look em in the eye without a word and walk away that brings a embarrased reacation as well, in the workplace you have to be careful at all times and alert but once you are comfortable at dealing with it, play it to your advantage as much as possible.

* Ok to much prattle another hint is to use rone or nol balanced products that is where NPA especially and AE work wonders. ANother reason why i recommened them.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 01:45 PM
I would be very careful in the workplace not to say stop using them just use more he he and shut everyone up with DIHL more often etc.