PDA

View Full Version : Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter'

bronzie
09-04-2006, 04:58 AM
As

an Australian, its a very sad

day...

http://edition.cnn.c

om/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html (http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html)

Holmes
09-04-2006, 06:23 AM
That's awful.

R.I.P.

Steve.

Bruce
09-04-2006, 08:40 AM
His wife is from here in Eugene and

appears in the news from time to time. This is especially sad for her and the kids. Steve loved to flirt with

danger. I had a feeling it was inevitable something would go wrong sooner or later. Too bad though.

Holmes
09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
I had a feeling it

was inevitable something would go wrong sooner or later.

He probably did, too.

My heart goes

out to his family. Better to die doing something you love, though, than to live doing something you hate.

bronzie
09-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Australia is literally in a

state of mourning. He did alot for conservation, he entertained with his documentaries and lifted Australias profile

as a tourist destination, he was quite a charachter, and a natural talented showman. But he played with fire for a

very long time. He played around with some very deadly creatures and The law of probability says something would

happen to him. But its ironic, that a Ray killed him, these creatures are not aggressive and cases of them causing

death are extremely rare, and the circumstances surrounding the death are really freaky. God bless him, I feel for

his family, it is such a waste of life at only 44 yrs old.

Mtnjim
09-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Worse of all, he wasn't even

messing with the ray, it was a freeking accident.

I heard there were calls for a "state funeral", like they give

the Prime Minister.

real_wiseman
09-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Even in Sweden this guy is

famous. My kids use to look at his shows on the Animal Planet channel.

// w

MiChAeL JoRDaN
09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
i can't believe it, to

die from a ray is just so rare, there have been something like 17 deaths worldwide from them, the poisinous barb

stabbed him in the heart and he almost died instantly. its so sad, he woke up that day thinking he was gonna go on

another exbidition (wrong spelling), one tthat wasnt even that dangerous but little did he know he was gonna die in

a few hours, well best of luck to his family:box:

Whitehall
09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
With this guy, it wasn't a

matter of "if" he was going to die young and in a stupid accident, but rather just when and how.

I thought he

was nuts and a bad influence.

But then, Jiminy Cricket is my hero.