PDA

View Full Version : Headphones

Bruce
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Anyone have headphones they are

really happy with?

I got some Sennheiser pxc 250 noise cancelling ones and I like them quite a bit. They are

small and fold, pack very nicely and come with a little case. I use them mainly at the gym and they are perfect for

that; nice on airplanes too. It's amazing how they get rid of droning type background noise. Very reasonable too

as I remember. I think I got them at amazon.

Holmes
08-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Sennheiser HD650s all the way.

Best headphones by a mile.

I've never owned another set that was even close.

gaf
08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
My favourites are: sony mdr7506 for

a great open sound , more like speakers then headphones sound wise.
or: sennheiser HD25 (not sp) great isolation

and bass response while reducing background noise.
It's ironic that my cheapest set of headphones cost 2.5 times

the price of my ipod.. I'm a sound professional in my day job so don't compromise on quality when it comes to my

ears. They pay my bills!

slick
08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
senheiser hd80, they are amazing

but if you want to improve the volume and the sound get a headphone amp, it really makes an incredible change

Whitehall
08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
The Sennheisers are way too

tight on my big head.

Got a set of AKG K701s - now those are great headphones! Wonderful clear and balanced

sound.

They are big, white, sparkly, and Germanic - I call them the "Hermann Goering" model.

gaf
08-30-2006, 09:31 PM
senheiser hd80, they

are amazing but if you want to improve the volume and the sound get a headphone amp, it really makes an incredible

change

I second this!
Most manufacters put in a crappy headphone amp in leaving all the good juice

for the speaker outputs , It does make a BIG difference having a "proper" headphone amp.

Regarding the

sennheisers, I have a small head so they suit me well!
:type: :wave:

Bruce
08-31-2006, 08:12 AM
I now have a pair of Sennheiser

HD280s in my cart at Amazon. They list at $220. and Amazon has them at $90. They look comfy. I can't use open

design phones in my office. My wife doesn't like (to put it mildly) the stuff I listen too.

I just noticed

they have the same headphones (model number) in a collapsible version for $73. ?!?! Huh?

One says
Sennheiser

HD-280 Dynamic Collapsible Headphones - $73.

The other says:
Sennheiser HD280 Silver Closed Dynamic

Circum-Aural Headphone $90.

Is there any difference besides the collapsibility???

Bruce
09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Well, I got my HD 280s, and they

don't sound as good as my humble little pxc 250s. I read at Amazon that you have to "burn in" the big headphones

before they sound decent, and that amounts to leaving them sit somewhere with the volume turned up loud. Does that

really make a big difference?

Bruce
09-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Left the phones running loud all

night long. Wow! Major difference. They should put a big sticker with that advice on the package. I can just not

believe the bass.

B

bronzie
09-13-2006, 04:49 PM
bruce, tell me more about

Sennheiser PXC 250, am about to purchase a pair, just need them for train and commuting...

for gym and

jogging and bike riding i use open ear phones, koss75, great sound and u can hear everything around you, so u cant

get hit by a car or bitten by a dog while excersising

Sennheiser PXC 250, what is the noise cancellation

like? i enjoy classical, will these phones silence hiss and everything else?

Bruce
09-15-2006, 10:57 AM
I strongly recommend the PXC 250s.

They fold up and fit into a little case. Even with the noise cancellation divice they pack small. They are AMAZING

on planes where there is a background hum. They create a mild hiss of their own, but get rid of loud droning noise

in a very big way. The sound quality is good too.

bronzie
10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Bruce, got these headphones

today in the mail, they are great I must say, great if your listening to your music on the go, buses, engine noise

etc, at home though in relative quite noise cancellation is not neccessary, I prefer better larger headphones, but

these are a good add on to my mp3 player