PDA

View Full Version : Small Suggestion

alanrudy
08-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Whenever I log on,

and write a long post or respond to a long post and then click submit new thread the site asks me to log on again

and whether I log on again or I click back to go back to what I was writing all of what I wrote is gone. This has

happened numerous times from numerous computers so I don't think it is just me, but I could be wrong. I know I can

just copy what I wrote so I can paste it when it aske me to log in again but sometimes I forget. So my suggestion

is just to solve this technical problem if it is possible. Thanks for a great overall site though.

belgareth
08-27-2006, 04:41 AM
That's an easy one to resolve.

When you log on, click the 'Remember me' box and you'll be done.

What's happening is that the forum

refreshes itself every so often. When it does, if you haven't told it to remember you, it loses the fact that you

are logged in.

alanrudy
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah, you're right. I guess

it's more of a problem I have because I am on a lot of different computers so I'd rather not click remember me

cause someone else can use the computer after me and if they looked in the history and/or to the site they could

post under me. I know it's a little paranoid but still. It's not a big deal though. It was just a small

suggestion. :)

belgareth
08-27-2006, 08:43 PM
If you make it a point to log

out when you leave the forum it shouldn't matter as they still won't have your password. The remember me function

is only good until your next manual log off.

alanrudy
08-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Cool. I thought it was

permanently there and anyone would be logged on under my name. Thank you. :)

belgareth
08-28-2006, 03:51 AM
Just be absolutely sure you log

out before leaving the forum and you'll be fine.