PDA

View Full Version : Shelf Lives

krtel
08-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi there,

I've

been on a pheromone vacation for quite some time, as you all who knew me 2 years ago already know. I have PI/m,

NPA/m, WAG, and some old gel packs. I think I bought them like in 2004 or something..and used maybe 25% of them. Do

you think they are good anymore?

I know that when I use that PI/m bad things happen...even with 1 drop.

Mtnjim
08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Unless you stored them in a hot,

sunny, wet place they should be OK.

Good to see you back.

Bruce
08-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Shouldn't that be "shelf lifes"?

:-)

Kev
08-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Shouldn't that be

"shelf lifes"? :-)

At least it's not half-life. :thumbsup:

Mtnjim
08-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Shouldn't that be

"shelf lifes"? :-) I believe "shelf lives" is correct:think::think:
:thumbsup:

bronzie
08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
its actually "shelf life" not

"shelf lifes" , no need to use plural in this context

Holmes
08-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Unless this is about a guy named

Shelf - in which case, where does he live (or when did he die)?

I'm glad krtel asked this question, as the

bulk of my pheroarsenal is probably over two years old now and I was wondering if it's still usable at this

point.

bronzie
08-25-2006, 01:32 PM
pheromones last for years, these

are dead molecules, and when suspended in oil or alcohol, last for many years, I have bottles that go back to 2001

and they work fine, however, the quality of these products do diminish over time, and it is the added scent, in the

scented version of the product, scents are often organic compounds like essential oils etc and tend to deteriorate

over time, thats why I only buy unscented pheromone products (when I can, since some products are only sold scented

- AE, Realm, etc)

even in the scented products, the actual pheromone componant of the product ( is what we

are interested in ) is not affected even after many many years, the scent tends to go off a bit, but thats ok, since

I use a better commericial cover scent than what is contained in the scented products anyway.

the only

product that I have no experience with over time is Liquid Trust, and a little research into Oxytocin reveals that

this product would have a rather short life span, in a range of months, not years. However, the extremely high

alcohol content of this product may prevent deterioration and prolong shelf life...

I keep my pheromones in

the fridge anyway