PDA

View Full Version : Ratios?

BTL
08-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering when

you guys refer to ratios, are you talking about the total pheromone content or the # of drops?
(ie. 1:1 ratio of

AE:SOE gel would be 1 drop of AE and 1 approx. drop of SOE OR do you have to calculate the phero content based on

the concentration and put together a total pheromone content?)

MOBLEYC57
08-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Tis anything you want it to be

... as long as it's one of one and one of the other ... 1 gallon:1 gallon, 1 teaspoon: 1 teaspoon, 1 drop from a

dropper:1 drop from a dropper, or 1 drop from a hair pin:1 drop from a hair pin ... you get my point; but yeah,

you're right.:run:

Gegogi
08-06-2006, 04:57 PM
A ratio is the relation in degree

or number between two similar things. This relationship is constant regardless of quanity. For example, a 4

androstenol: 1 androsterone ratio is the same if measured in ml, l, gallons, drops or spoon-fulls. The ratio is the

same as long as the relationship is maintained.

Think of it another way. Have you ever halfed or doubled a

recipe? It tastes the same as long as the ratios of ingredients remain constant.

BTL
08-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Hmm, ok thanx for the quick

response.

So how would you measure this if it's something like SOE which is a roll-on? Like, how many mL would

you estimate is in 1''?

Unrelated question but I saw somewhere that the hit concentration fell close to 0.02 mg

and greater than 0.04 mg led to OD. Is this only referring to the none since we presumably can't OD on nol? Is rone

included in this?
The reason I ask is because I tried 3 drops AE + 1/2 pack of SOE for a total pheromone content of

0.024 mg none but 0.126 mg total and I didn't appear to OD. Just wanted to know so I can test out some combinations

using total pheromone ratios.

Hope this post wasn't too confusing :blink:

Gegogi
08-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Simple: pull off the roll top and

use a graduated pipette to measure consistent units from your selected sources. If you don't need to be exact, an

eyedropper will do in a pinch.

OD levels vary considerably depending on your age, race, persona and target. In

other words, everyone is different and there is no exact answer to your question. You'll have to experiment to find

your optimal dose and personal limit.

nadero
08-11-2006, 04:44 AM
No, 1:1 in drops is not the same

as 1:1 in ml (and is not the same in pounds, etc.)

A ratio x1:x2 is not the same in volumen as it is in mass,

becouse x1 may have different density than x2. Also, drops of x1 may have different volume than x2. And so on.

Also it is not true that both x1 and x2 must be in the same units. Further more in a ratio, x1 and x2 could be

different phisicall magnitudes (by example mass and volume).

The only true is you must especify wich magnitudes

and units you are using, By example, 1 pound of AE:20 litres of SOE. And that the ratio will be different if you

change the units.

MOBLEYC57
08-11-2006, 08:21 AM
No, 1:1 in drops

is not the same as 1:1 in ml (and is not the same in pounds, etc.)

It's not the same, but it is as for

the mixing ratio. What you decide to wear after you mix your 1:1 is up to you. A pound of 1:1 NPA:Primal

anyone?:run:

ToGo, that would be close enough. :thumbsup:

BTL
08-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah that might be true although I

guess I was refering more to like SOE (or any of the other gel packs for that matter) since the concentration would

be slightly different compared to the bottled form. I believe SOE bottle has concentration of .5/mL while SOE gel

has concentration of .13/mL.

I was actually looking for a conversion of the SOE bottle inches to mL since I see a

lot of ppl referring to inches. I guess something like that is fairly hard to measure though.