PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

Bruce
08-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Folks,

I was hoping to

chronical my journy day by day on the forum, but it just never happened; taking care of two boys, being the only

driver, working, etc etc. We are about to roll past 8,000 miles though; woke up in Bozeman, Montana this morning.

Here is a rough state by state of our journey which began June 17th, the day my kids got out of school.

:-)

Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado (Love Scent HQ), Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, West

Virginia, Maryland, Wash DC, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York

again, Pennsylvania again, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois again, Wisconsin, Minnisota, North Dakota, Montana.

Later

today.... Idaho Washington state

Tomorrow.... Oregon and HOME!!!!!!! Yii Haaa!

B

Holmes
08-04-2006, 06:29 AM
Wow!

Where in New York and

Connecticut were you?

gabe1970
08-05-2006, 08:01 PM
And KS and MO? Was this just a

straight-shot cross country run or a tourist-pace vacation?

Bruce
08-06-2006, 07:45 AM
NY and CT were just driving thru;

once en route from DC to Boston via the somewhat Northern PA route. The second time through NY was going from NH to

Milwaukee.

KS was just passing through, but MO was a major stop; small town called Willow Springs. We were there

for 10 days I think. Then on to DC, then up to Boston for a few days, then NH and Vermont for a week; then home via

Milwaukee and Minneapolis. I would have liked to make more stops towards the end there, Glacier NP, Seattle etc,

but I was getting pretty danged road weary. June 17 to August 4; about 8000 miles and I was the only driver.

Friday we ended up drivng all the way home contrary to plan. We left Bozeman, MT at about 9 AM and arrived home in

Eugene at about 9 PM. 830 miles, one driver! We picked up a free hour with the time change but lost one in Friday

night traffic going around Portland, so I reckon we made it in 12 hours. Other than Portland it was wide open

highway.

All in all, a fun trip; good to be home though. My wife and 2 other kids (1 is with me) are still in

Japan, home on Tuesday.

Peace and Love,
B

gabe1970
08-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I remember seeing signs for

Willow Springs in the Springfield, MO. Very nice area. Sounds like you had a heck of a trip.

Bruce
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, it's an hour or so East of

Springfield. Do you live near there?

gabe1970
08-06-2006, 10:47 AM
No, I had an ex- whose family

lived on the outskirts of Springfield, towards Rogersville. I used to drive there often from KC.