PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "Go Away" Pheromone?

The Real FTR
08-01-2006, 06:59 PM
We use pheromones to attract and we know from experience they work. So I'm wondering if there are

also pheromones that say "leave me alone."

I don't have an office door to shut and sometimes people drive me

nuts wanting to socialize when I'm trying to work. I'm visible and accessible all the time. The only way I have

to signal "I'm busy" is body language, and some people aren't keen to that.

belgareth
08-01-2006, 07:15 PM
If you find one, patent it!

I'll be your first customer. Might even put up some $ to market it.

Holmes
08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
WAA (a.k.a. What An

Asshole)

David Caruso wears it.

gaf
08-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I've found more than a drop of PI

does it for me...

Holmes
08-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah, for guys, a Primal OD does

the trick.

belgareth
08-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I've found several methods

that seem to work on teenage males interested in dating my daughters. Most aren't practical to an office

environment though.

bronzie
08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I've found

several methods that seem to work on teenage males interested in dating my daughters. Most aren't practical to an

office environment though.

bel, you have more then 1 daughter, ok....

read the 48 laws of

power by robert greene, the book is designed for the corporate culture in mind, and includes within its chapters on

how to deal with these mosquito type co workers that dont leave you alone.

or just wear alot of very cheap 1

dollar grandmother type perfume...or insect repellent

i hate the corporate enviroment with the little cubical

workspace.... if i dont have my own room with a door, i refuse to apply for the position

belgareth
08-01-2006, 08:41 PM
bel, you have

more then 1 daughter, ok....

I have three daughters and two granddaughters. That accounts for partial

baldness, the balance grey and my evil disposition.

You'd be amazed how quickly young males get the idea when

'Dad' collects, sharpens and is competent with swords. :twisted:

Cullmanz Own
08-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey at least you have good

looking kids. I'd be flattered that boys swarmed around my daughters but, like you, I might have to kung fo their

asses.

tim929
08-02-2006, 03:38 AM
a loaded revolver on your desk

and blood stains on the floor usualy work realy well at getting people to stay away....:run:

oscar
08-02-2006, 05:16 AM
We use

pheromones to attract and we know from experience they work. So I'm wondering if there are also pheromones that

say "leave me alone."

I don't have an office door to shut and sometimes people drive me nuts wanting to

socialize when I'm trying to work. I'm visible and accessible all the time. The only way I have to signal "I'm

busy" is body language, and some people aren't keen to that.

Reds,

What you need is some "F &

T".

I'm having some trouble digging up a link for it, but "Fear and Trauma", which is supposedly made by an

outfit called "Sigma Pseudochemicals", was created to mimic the scent signature of trapped, injured, and/or dead

people, and is used in the training of search/rescue dogs.

I first came across it in

this old issue of the Pheromone News (http://pherolibrary.com/reference/pheronews/00/January-00.html) some

years back.

I'm fairly sure that if people pick up on the "cadaver note" in this fragrance they'll probably

stop bothering you.

An interesting side note I came across while searching for this stuff was a piece from

one of the K-9 training units that they called the "Box Effect", or

"Yahtzee Effect". (http://www.csst.org/box_effect.html)
Loosely interpreted this could account for what someone dubbed their "social hookup

theory" wherin a phero-overdosed user seems to lose targets to random individuals within the crowd.
Where a

"scent pool" is so pronounced as to cause sensory overload, thus disabling the target's ability to zero in on the

true source of the signal, the target may attribute the signal to any random person in the crowd who happens to be

near the epicenter of the scent cloud.

Less is More.

Oscar :)

Mtnjim
08-02-2006, 09:28 AM
I've found

several methods that seem to work on teenage males interested in dating my daughters. Most aren't practical to an

office environment though.

Ya, a shotgun on the desk wouldn't be too appropreate!:angel:

what

someone dubbed their "social hookup theory"

That was "Donald Duck" aka "Watcher"

Seriously, if you're

willing to take a chance, try a ~none OD. Risky though.

Gegogi
08-02-2006, 11:29 AM
An supersized dose of NPA

directly to the armpits might do the trick. At least you'll be too funky for me!

koolking1
08-02-2006, 12:18 PM
office number on speed

dial on your cell phone. When one of the usual suspects shows up to stay a while, secretly press the speed dial,

answer your office phone, then cover the mouthpiece and whisper to your acquaintance "this is important and is going

to take a while". After the third instance they will get the message.

The Real FTR
08-02-2006, 12:22 PM
office

number on speed dial on your cell phone. When one of the usual suspects shows up to stay a while, secretly press the

speed dial, answer your office phone, then cover the mouthpiece and whisper to your acquaintance "this is important

and is going to take a while". After the third instance they will get the message.

Now, that's pure

brilliance. *off to program cell phone*

marcuccio88
08-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Most likely B.O.,

passed gas and bad breath contain this elusive pheromone...

koolking1
08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I realize that this isn't

a pheromone solution but pheromone does rhyme with telephone!!

nbnbtc
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
have you tried just stop wearing

pheromones?

The Real FTR
08-02-2006, 02:23 PM
have you

tried just stop wearing pheromones?

Yes, but pheromones are not the problem. Bored co-workers are the

problem!

Gegogi
08-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I merely close my office door and

such problems go away. However if you're out in the open it's a balancing act between getting work done and not

spoiling relationships.

woofa1
08-03-2006, 04:43 AM
Mate, a couple of drops

of PI/m, version should be ample. I od on 2 drops. Or even NPa with no cover scent bro. I had people getting up off

their seats on ther train and moving to another seat/position.
Wow powerfull shit?

The Real FTR
08-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Here goes nuthin' -- I'm

wearing two drops of TE/w today. We'll see what happens when I get to work. I've never worn it to work before.

It's all I've got with -none in it.

Mtnjim
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Here goes

nuthin' -- I'm wearing two drops of TE/w today. We'll see what happens when I get to work. I've never worn it

to work before. It's all I've got with -none in it.

Good Luck!!!

The Real FTR
08-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Quarter to 6 and she's

only stopped by once, and that was very briefly and from a distance. So far, it's working beautifully.

The

other people who usually come by are not staying as long, and are not standing as close, which is really good.

pheronoobR
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Most likely B.O.,

passed gas and bad breath contain this elusive pheromone...

HAHAHA!:cheers:

Bruce
09-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Folk dance next to someone with a kidney ailment and you will wonder no more.

bassbeats
10-01-2011, 04:38 PM
This is hilarious :twisted:

cornista
08-20-2012, 12:20 AM
No my friend I do not think that there is any “go away” pheromone. Different types of pheromones are available in the market today and you can choose any one of them according to your needs.

Rbt
08-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Oooo... this thread is an oldie, but I recall asking the same question once myself mostly for the benefit of a female friend who wanted to repel some "flies" if you know what I mean. I think we came up with -none overdose as one way to go, the problem being that she reacted so badly to -none it messed her up too much... (discomfort and withdrawal).

I know I too have times I wished I could get people to go away... and when I apply -nol I too often get in situations where people who already talk too much talk even more to the point I would almost scream "Shut up already!":rofl: