PDA

View Full Version : Alter Ego - Scent Change

bronzie
07-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Just recieved

mine in the mail, I have not purchased this for about 1 year, but this new bottle has a almost totally different

scent to the bottle I got 1 year ago. Much more lighter and musky, last years bottle had a scent that was closer to

APC ( cool water type scent)

Anyone else notice this?

miyazaki
08-31-2006, 01:38 AM
hmm, i find this interesting.

what color is the label? the scent was changed quite sometime ago and I disliked it so much i swore to never buy

again. the original scent was perfect for me. there were a few discussions about it in the past here on the boards.

did AE get changed back to its original scent??? that would be great news for me because i long for the old stuff. i

have been out of the loop for so long, maybe someone can provide some info please. thanks so much.
-peace

Spivedog
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Don't tell me that

bronzie. I actually like AE. Does it still produce the same effect?:blink:

slickracer
08-31-2006, 04:57 PM
chances are they are just the

same, i have gone througe about 3 bottoles of ae sence i got into mones (probelly spilled about 2/3 to about a

bottole in the 2 times that i tip the bottles over.)and when ever i get the new bottole i get that same though goes

througe my head, and i susspect that after awhile the bottle you have had goes througe changes/breakdown from many

factores such as lights, temp, contemantions, from daping and such.

and i know that the bottle will last you

half a year if not a year. so thats a long time for all those things i mentioned above to take place.

jvkohl
08-31-2006, 07:20 PM
chances are they

are just the same, i have gone througe about 3 bottoles of ae sence i got into mones (probelly spilled about 2/3 to

about a bottole in the 2 times that i tip the bottles over.)and when ever i get the new bottole i get that same

though goes througe my head, and i susspect that after awhile the bottle you have had goes througe changes/breakdown

from many factores such as lights, temp, contemantions, from daping and such.

and i know that the bottle

will last you half a year if not a year. so thats a long time for all those things i mentioned above to take

place.

I spoke with the manufacturer who confirms that there have been no changes in the formulation.

Most product formulas will not break down unless left in sun/heat exposure for extended times. For example, many of

you may have bottles of fragrance that have been on the shelf for years without change. It's likely that with a new

bottle you inhale more deeply and experience what seems like a change, simply because you became used to the product

over time, and are now sampling it in a different context. This is why a good fragrance product representative at

the local mall shop will advise you to apply some of the product, do some shoping and come back if you still like

the sample--or minimally give you a "card" sample, so that you're not just buying on first

sniff.

JVK

miyazaki
09-01-2006, 02:49 AM
ya, the phero content was

unchanged. what changed was the fragrance.

tim929
09-01-2006, 03:43 AM
hey Slick...I have the same

problem with AE.I am on my second bottle and I nearly dumped this one twice...They need to redesign the bottle so it

doesnt tip as easily.

Spivedog
09-02-2006, 04:37 PM
They need to redesign

the bottle so it doesnt tip as easily.

I agree completely and totally. I've already spilled a full

bottle.

Guru1984
09-03-2006, 01:52 AM
I planned to order AE but I

don't know now...I don't understand from your posts ...Is AE still good or not?...Does it smell different (better

or worse)?

chicago
09-03-2006, 01:18 PM
so far AE/M got me the best

results
________
FERRARI 328 HISTORY (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_328)

Guru1984
09-03-2006, 04:30 PM
so far AE/M got

me the best results

Yeah, but what's with the scent?...Is AE worse now then it was before? And why you

guys say that you spilled bottle? I don't want to spill 50$

chicago
09-04-2006, 12:55 AM
i am not sure with the scent,

because i order my bottle a year ago.
________
MARY JANE (http://maryjanes.info/)

Guru1984
09-04-2006, 05:21 AM
Anyone knows anything about

scent of AE now? Is it good or bad?

gaf
09-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I brought a bottle about 4 months

ago and it smells fine to me. I havn't had any for a few years but this seems to have the same scent.