PDA

View Full Version : Intermitent Web Store Problem

bosshank
07-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Bruce-
I had this problem a couple times at the web store - I go to the list of Men's Phermones, go down the list

until I find what I am looking for, click on it and .... nothing. The individual item does not pull up OR pulls up

very slowly. I can pull up any other page very quickly (cable modem) but the individual item page does not pull up.

Does not happen every time but has happenened a couple times. Took me a while to place my last order when this

happened.

Good News: The order arrived quickly and was exactly what I ordered.

jkstern
08-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Yes store is SLOOOOW. Takes ages

to navigate to different pages. Definitely something wrong with server I'd say.

belgareth
08-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Seems fine from here. It does

that to me at times too. I once was able to isolate it to my ISP's local servers. They were acting up. Could just

be bandwith issues in your area temporarily.

jkstern
08-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Actually the store is beyond

slow. It barely works at all! I'm trying to buy right now. Clicking on "more" to get more details on a product the

browser stalls indefinitely. Nothing wrong with my local connection. Everything else loads fine wherever else I go

outside LS. Mac/Mozilla

belgareth
08-09-2006, 02:42 PM
It may be something to do with

your ISP, your MAC or Mozilla. But I just checked the store again and there are no performance issues from here.

Generalize, please. Where in the world are you?

bosshank
08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I think Bel is probably right

about it being local bandwidth/usage issues as I was there during a heavy usage time - unless there just happened to

be a WHOLE LOT of customers on at once the two times it happened to me. If it is happening consistantly to you - it

is probably your ISP.

Bruce
08-10-2006, 06:47 AM
From time to time I notice slowness

which I thought was something to do with the cart software, but lately everything works very quickly here in Eugene.

I have been on the road for 2 months using a different wi-fi almost every day and it has been a new adventure with

every dawn. Most speed issues are local, but can be something to do with the server where the website is stored.