PDA

View Full Version : Issey Miyake

platinumfox
07-21-2006, 05:29 AM
I been hearing some

positive results from this which on should I experiment with?

Gegogi
07-21-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd hit the mall and give them a

sniff. My personal fav is Issey Miyake Summer.

slickracer
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
what is it?

bronzie
07-21-2006, 01:15 PM
what is

it?

Issey Miyake is a samurai sword made in Provincial Japan by a master sword maker.

slickracer
07-21-2006, 01:17 PM
lol im even more confused

now!! why did gegogi just tell that guy to take it and use it at the mall then?

bronzie
07-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Im kidding, Issey is a cologne,

very successful and very popular, especially with the ladies. However, this cologne does not work well with darker

males I have heard, I heard it mainly compliments the body chemistry of fairly white men, or caucasion men. It works

well with me, the only thing I hate about this cologne is that its so popular and so recognisable, people can tell

what you are wearing a mile away. Not very original, if that is what you are looking to find, but top quality

nevertheless.

By the way, its designed in Japan, at least the brand is Japanese, because they also sell

extremely expensive designer clothes, a shirt costs in the order of about 500 US, a very plain shirt, but ofcourse

as most colognes, its made in France.

slickracer
07-21-2006, 01:29 PM
ahhhh 500 bucks for a shirt??

if i buy that shirt, it better come with blowjobs too.... gees....

bronzie
07-21-2006, 01:37 PM
I would cut out the Issey label

from the shirt and glue it to my forehead, at least in that way, I know all the "gold digger" women out there will

see I am rich and have class, you could tell them its a birth mark. Or just hold a sign, im wearing a Issey shirt,

now blow me. For some reason I have a gut feeling that would work...

oscar
07-21-2006, 01:49 PM
I been hearing

some positive results from this which on should I experiment with?

platinumfox,

I like L'Eau

d'Issey, which I believe is the flagship product of their men's fragrance line.
It's the one that mixes so

wonderfully with NPA.
(Posted recently about it

here. (http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187039#post187039))

I sampled some of the

Summer version once, and I thought it was nice, but never actually bought any to try mixing with any pheros. I

figured that as much as I like what I've got, it wasn't worth the money to try to fix what ain't

broke.

Oscar :)

Gegogi
07-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I heard it mainly

compliments the body chemistry of fairly white men, or caucasion men.

I don't know many caucasion men

so I can't comment on that remark. However, Issey Miyake works great for me and I'm Korean. Miyake's scents tend

toward the lighter side so they can be easily overpowered by strong 'mones or body odor. You need to carry a pocket

atomizer to refresh every few hours or your dosage of NPA/TE will be painfully obvious.

I can say Asian women

tend to love Miyake's scents.

bronzie
07-21-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't know many

caucasion men so I can't comment on that remark. However, Issey Miyake works great for me and I'm Korean.

Miyake's scents tend toward the lighter side so they can be easily overpowered by strong 'mones or body odor. You

need to carry a pocket atomizer to refresh every few hours or your dosage of NPA/TE will be painfully

obvious.

I can say Asian women tend to love Miyake's scents.

Well known within the cologne

industry and any girl in a department store will wisper this to you, but its not said to the general public or

marketed in this way, ( as it could be interpreted as racist, and not very good for sales ) at least to the public,

lighter citrus scents work well with lighter skined people, musky scents work well with darker

people.

Koreans to my knowledge are fairly lighter skinned, as compared to other asians. Your very high up on

the map Geographically, near russia.

have you ever heard of a cologne called vetiver? its a 60s cologne, its

scent, i was once told by a girl selling colognes in a department is suited to almost pale white men

anyway,

you will not hear or read much about the cologne / skin color issue, because its deemed racist, but like i said, ask

a girl in a department store next time your in one, she will know what your talking about..

Gegogi
07-21-2006, 03:30 PM
lighter citrus scents work

well with lighter skined people, musky scents work well with darker people.

I would think this has

more to do with body chemistry--the quality of your sweat--than skin color. I don't think musk scents are very

becoming on Filipinas and they can be as dark as night. Of course their body chemistry and scents are similar to

pale Asians. My nose tells me that those with more odoriferous perspriation go better with musk scents. And those

can be pale skinned Irish meat eaters, soul food Brothers or cumin sweatin' Indians.

Vetiver is still sold.

The base EO is rather earthy and reminds me of the scent of old hippies.

bronzie
07-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Vetiver is supposed to be the

scent James Bond wears in the movies, and its the favourite scent of Roman Polanski, I cant imagine it a hippy

scent, extremely masculine, nothing androgenous about it, yeah, still sold, just different bottle, I own it, I have

maybe over 50 commercial authentic colognes, big collection, I like the bottle shapes mostly, I buy them cheap

through my travels in the middle east where no tax is imposed, its less then half what you would pay at a store in

the us or europe.

bronzie
07-21-2006, 05:27 PM
I think body chemistry is

connected to race and skin color, im sure this topic has been brought up before, in research terms, perhaps JVKOHL

would know more

but the general consensus amongst the girls that sell these scents , especially in countries

that have a high degree of different ethnicities and people with different skin color, will tell you that skin color

is a major factor in choosing a scent, the woman that I spoke too, with regards to this was selling commercial

colognes for like 15 years, she was experienced

Holmes
07-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Vetiver is supposed

to be the scent James Bond wears in the movies, and its the favourite scent of Roman Polanski, I cant imagine it a

hippy scent, extremely masculine, nothing androgenous about it, yeah, still sold, just different bottle, I own it, I

have maybe over 50 commercial authentic colognes, big collection, I like the bottle shapes mostly, I buy them cheap

through my travels in the middle east where no tax is imposed, its less then half what you would pay at a store in

the us or europe.

Vetiver as in Creed Vetiver?

Gegogi
07-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I think body chemistry is

connected to race and skin color, im sure this topic has been brought up before, in research terms, perhaps JVKOHL

would know more

I don't doubt body chemistry is connected to race. However race is not neccessarily tied

to skin color. Indians (as in Hindus) are classified as Caucasian and are often dark as night. Filipinos range from

fair to deep black and yet are Asian. The list goes on and on...

As for a store cleck being an authority on skin

chemistry, that one is a delicious giggle!

platinumfox
07-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Im kidding,

Issey is a cologne, very successful and very popular, especially with the ladies. However, this cologne does not

work well with darker males I have heard, I heard it mainly compliments the body chemistry of fairly white men, or

caucasion men. It works well with me, the only thing I hate about this cologne is that its so popular and so

recognisable, people can tell what you are wearing a mile away. Not very original, if that is what you are looking

to find, but top quality nevertheless.

By the way, its designed in Japan, at least the brand is Japanese,

because they also sell extremely expensive designer clothes, a shirt costs in the order of about 500 US, a very

plain shirt, but ofcourse as most colognes, its made in France.Yeah you might be right Im a black guy the

smell was ok but didnt feel like it fit my body chemistry.Glad I just sprayed from a store sample.

scottyle80
07-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Issey Miyake

is a samurai sword made in Provincial Japan by a master sword maker.

woe! didn't know that.
i have

Miyake too and scored the first day i bought it. had this beautiful, light-skin'd thai chick that couldn't stop

sniffin' me.

but interesting info on the master sword maker though. very!

scott :cool:

platinumfox
07-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah you

might be right Im a black guy the smell was ok but didnt feel like it fit my body chemistry.Glad I just sprayed

from a store sample.I decided to spray another sample at the store and didn't put as much on as before.I

felt more comfortable but didn't notice any reactions.

The Real FTR
07-29-2006, 05:43 AM
Guerlain's Vetiver is

extremely nice.

DCW
07-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Vetiver as in

Creed Vetiver?

I own it, it great for daywear very distinctive.

DCW

DCW
07-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah you might be

right Im a black guy the smell was ok but didnt feel like it fit my body chemistry.Glad I just sprayed from a store

sample.

It was a Black coworker at work that introduced it to me (i still don't have it).
He

raved about it and tow caucasion females mentioned how great it smeeled on two separate occasions.

DCW

DCW
07-29-2006, 04:11 PM
I don't doubt body

chemistry is connected to race. However race is not neccessarily tied to skin color. Indians (as in Hindus) are

classified as Caucasian and are often dark as night. Filipinos range from fair to deep black and yet are Asian. The

list goes on and on...

As for a store cleck being an authority on skin chemistry, that one is a delicious

giggle!
I agree I spoke to a store cleark and she said that body chemistry is also a factor of diet, eg

garlic can affect you body chemistry.
Also do you remember the story about the Asian chick that ate pineapples to

make her pum pum tasty?

DCW