PDA

View Full Version : Lack of hits and JB#1 (APC and NPA) weak scent

live4themusic
07-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I haven't really had any unusual reactions to

the JB #1 I've been wearing over the past few days.

Well, more accurately, I made a mix of NPA and APC in the

range of 30/70 to 20/80, so maybe it's not exactly JB#1.

Last night I put on about 10-12 drops of my mix (from

an eye-dropper bottle) before I went out. I also put maybe 2/3 of an SOE gel-pack (scented I'm guessing, but not an

incredibly strong scent.) Didn't really notice anything unusual in the way people reacted to me. Throughout the

night I initiated several conversations with groups of strangers (or in one case I guess I kind of just sat myself

down at a table where some people were having a conversation that was of great interest to me and joined in).

I

went to a total of 4 bars throughout the course of the night, but I don't think any of the girls looked twice at

me. The problem might be my own because maybe I don't project the amount of confidence that most other guys do, but

I was expecting a few glances from the girls at least. I also didn't get any comments on smelling good, or smelling

bad even. It was like people couldn't smell that I was wearing anything, and honestly I couldn't either, so I was

going to the bathroom every now and then to reapply my mix from the dropper bottle (about 1 or 2 drops every time I

went to reapply).

For some reason, the APC I have does not smell very strongly once I put it on, but does have a

pretty long-lasting faint scent. I'm guessing the pheromones are active longer than the smell is, but for some

reason I keep reading about how the smell of APC is supposed to be very strong and last a long time?

MOBLEYC57
07-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I don't

know if I'm doing something wrong, but I haven't really had any unusual reactions to the JB #1 I've been wearing

over the past few days.

Well, more accurately, I made a mix of NPA and APC in the range of 30/70 to 20/80, so

maybe it's not exactly JB#1.

Last night I put on about 10-12 drops of my mix (from an

eye-dropper bottle) before I went out. I also put maybe 2/3 of an SOE gel-pack (scented I'm guessing, but not an

incredibly strong scent.) Didn't really notice anything unusual in the way people reacted to me. Throughout the

night I initiated several conversations with groups of strangers (or in one case I guess I kind of just sat myself

down at a table where some people were having a conversation that was of great interest to me and joined in).

I

went to a total of 4 bars throughout the course of the night, but I don't think any of the girls looked twice at

me. The problem might be my own because maybe I don't project the amount of confidence that most other guys do, but

I was expecting a few glances from the girls at least. I also didn't get any comments on smelling good, or smelling

bad even. It was like people couldn't smell that I was wearing anything, and honestly I couldn't either, so I was

going to the bathroom every now and then to reapply my mix from the dropper bottle (about 1 or 2 drops every time I

went to reapply).

For some reason, the APC I have does not smell very strongly once I put it on, but does have a

pretty long-lasting faint scent. I'm guessing the pheromones are active longer than the smell is, but for some

reason I keep reading about how the smell of APC is supposed to be very strong and last a long time?

First, if you're going to complain about JB1, at least do the right ratios. What you have is a JBwannabe! :lol:

Second, 10-12 drops of that stuff is an over kill, Killer!!!! I've heard people using as high as 8 drops, but

over the years 2-4 was what most said ... no wonder no one looked at you, Axe murderer!

Third, you're going to

have to experiment with lower dosages.

Fourth, stop worrying about the scent being week ... the feline's

nose can smell what/when your nose can't. Make that a tattoo where no one can see it but you.

Fifth, if

you're really worrried about the weak scent ... Cool Water is JB1's closest kin! :thumbsup:

Sixth, good luck

and keep trying!:run:

Whitehall
07-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Sorry, but it isn't your

fragrance, it's your self-esteem. Your personal problems are weighing on you, justifiably so.

Until the

weight is lifted or you've come to internal acceptance of your situation, expect similar reactions.

There go

I but by the grace of God.

Best wishes.

live4themusic
07-14-2006, 09:17 PM
First, if

you're going to complain about JB1, at least do the right ratios. What you have is a JBwannabe! :lol:

Second,

10-12 drops of that stuff is an over kill, Killer!!!! I've heard people using as high as 8 drops, but over the

years 2-4 was what most said ... no wonder no one looked at you, Axe murderer!

To be honest, I was

still a little drunk this morning when I made this thread, and was frustrated because I didn't get what I wanted

last night (laid) :rant: Also, I was pretty disappointed about not getting a DIHL or, even more desirable, the

impression that a chick right next to me was getting wet. There is nothing I like more than knowing that my mere

presence is causing a girl to soak her panties with desire.

I don't think my usage was that overboard. It's

hard to say what constitutes a drop, because different JB1 mixes get put in different dropper bottles. I know that a

moderate dose of NPA is considered to be between 2 and 6 dabs with the plastic insert thingie on. I've read

accounts of as many as 8, with good results. I figured out today, from looking at the remainders of my APC and NPA

bottles, that I in fact only put
~1mL of NPA
and
~7mL of APC
into the "JB1" mix, so this wasn't really JB1, I

was pretty off in how much NPA I had put into it. Maybe the NPA amount was as high as 1.5, but it's still a weak

mix.

So I think the amount I used wasn't that much, probably around the equivalent of 2-3 dabs NPA (plastic

insert on).

Also, I think I actually have been getting good results from the mix, just not the sexual ones I've

been looking for. A lot of my coworkers are black girls around my age, and they have been friendlier to me since I

started wearing the mix, but I think this is more due to a change in my own attitude (I think my behavior is

effected by the -none more than anyone around me).

However, I sweat a lot at work, and in general with the

summer heat and incredible humidity here. I sweat more than everyone else I know. Not really sure why, but it just

drips off of me. This is really my main bone with -none, I don't feel the products last long on me. But, not just

cause of sweat, maybe because of some skin interaction as well. I'll put on a dab of APC, and it will smell

moderately from a distance of 1 ft. or closer, but be pretty hard to smell it from any further than 1.5 ft. (I'm

sure the pheromones are effective at a greater distance than the scent though). It also seems that even this

moderate smell fades pretty quickly, after about 30 minutes, you have to have the application pretty much in your

face to smell it (I generally wear my mix on my wrists, so I can gauge how odorescent it is.)

Now, I have a

really good sense of smell (and a large schnozz to boot.) I am one of those people who can tell if a friend is

wearing something and what they're wearing if I have encountered it before. I can tell what ingredients and spices

are being used when someone is cooking something. So I think I would know if the APC fragrance was lasting longer

than I am able to detect it for.

Fourth, stop worrying about the scent being week ... the feline's

nose can smell what/when your nose can't.

I don't know if this is a L-S forum inside joke, a

tongue-in-cheek reference to women as "pussy", or just a slip of hand. But I am trying to attract human females, not

felines :D. I think if I can't smell a fragrance I'm wearing on my neck, it's probably not discernable to anyone

else around me.

I have worn nice-smelling colognes before and gotten compliments from people around me who

liked the smell, or feedback from those who didn't or were neutral to the smell. But I still knew when people

smelled it. With the APC, it's just not strong enough to make me smell good to other people for very long. Dunno

why.

Fifth, if you're really worrried about the weak scent ... Cool Water is JB1's closest kin!

:thumbsup:
I noticed this and Creed Irish Green Tweed mentioned as smell-alikes and might look into getting

one. Thanks.

Sixth, good luck and keep trying!:run:

Definitely will do :thumbsup: Thanks

again.

Sorry, but it isn't your fragrance, it's your self-esteem. Your personal problems

are weighing on you, justifiably so.

Until the weight is lifted or you've come to internal acceptance of your

situation, expect similar reactions.

You're probably right about the self-esteem being low. But I

don't buy this David DeAngelo "Inner game" cockamamey (though I'm not implying you're familiar with this, it's

just a common idea).

I think how you act around a girl you just met, what you say, and the overall presentation

are what influence her reaction to you. I think even if you don't have the "inner game" worked out, you can make a

good impression and come off as someone who has it all together.

Think of all these celebrities who seem fine

and perfect, who then get checked into rehab or come out about their bulimia/anorexia. They may be dealing with

personal self-esteem issues, but you usually can't tell.

pbj
07-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I think if I can't smell a

fragrance I'm wearing on my neck, it's probably not discernable to anyone else around me.

FYI, women tend

to have a better sense of smell than us guys (although maybe not you). So you have to be a bit careful with your

odors. What is normal for you might be like walking into a wall for them when they get close to you. Just another

one of those things to think about on the checklist of life... lol.

For lasting time, it's hard to say. The

usual thing you see on the forums is about 4 hours unless there is an od (some say around 8 hours or longer if you

put it on your hair/clothes).

With your snozz, you may be able to tell on some of the pheromones. I've

noticed on some that you get a bit of a tickle in the back of your nose/throat. I'm thinking that's the

pheromones, although not sure.

Cover scents may last longer, but you can't assume that just because you can

smell the cover scent, that the pheremone is still working (or that because you can't smell the cover scent, that

it isn't working, since you tend to get used to the smells).

silksand
07-15-2006, 04:52 AM
It's not necessary for the

pheromone itself to be consciously detected/smelled by your target. Many of the products are unscented, as I'm sure

you've noticed.

A cover scent, whether built into the product or applied over it, not only covers the scent

of 'none, but encourages deeper inhalations by your target, the better to deliver your pheromones to her nose.

By the way, scent worn around your neck is more likely than in other locations to seem to you to have worn

off quickly due to your own olfactory fatigue. In other words, you may lose perception of it before others around

you do.

The fact that you sweat a lot probably means you do burn off scent more quickly than others, and you

may be rinsing off your pheromones more quickly too ... you may need to wash the application spot and reapply at

least every 4 hours - or apply it to your hair or clothing for longer effect.