PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a nose like a bloodhound?

The Real FTR
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
It's well documented that a woman's sense of smell is more acute than a man's.

One time I

smelled something spoiled while standing in the kitchen. I kept asking my then-husband what that awful smell was.

He kept telling me I was crazy. It turned out to be spoiled leftovers -- in the refrigerator, in a closed

Tupperware container, on the back of the second shelf.

Today I was asked to review some files that another

secretary had been working from. I picked them up from her desk and took them to mine. On opening one of them up,

I caught a whiff of her signature perfume, Amarige. Granted, it's an eye-waterer, but still ... I could identify

her perfume from the file she had been working on.

Anyone else got stories?

Intriguing Lure
07-06-2006, 07:13 PM
It's well documented that a woman's sense of smell is more acute than a man's.

One time I smelled

something spoiled while standing in the kitchen. I kept asking my then-husband what that awful smell was. He kept

telling me I was crazy. It turned out to be spoiled leftovers -- in the refrigerator, in a closed Tupperware

container, on the back of the second shelf.

Today I was asked to review some files that another secretary had

been working from. I picked them up from her desk and took them to mine. On opening one of them up, I caught a whiff

of her signature perfume, Amarige. Granted, it's an eye-waterer, but still ... I could identify her perfume from

the file she had been working on.

Anyone else got stories?

I can't make sense of any of it. I get

happy or in a foul mood, for no apparent reason, then hours later it hits me "Oh yeah, it smelled great, or no God

it stunk", but as far as knowing what I'm smelling, nobody home! I guess you could say I have 2 left nostrils.

The Real FTR
07-06-2006, 07:21 PM
:-)

Love your signature

quote!