PDA

View Full Version : Vivienne Westwood Boudoir - WHEW !!!

LadyWithQuestions
07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Just received my sample-size bottle from an Ebay seller. What a cute little bottle. I think it is an

exact replica of the regular full-size bottle.

But from the strength of this stuff, it looks (smells?) like

this tiny little bottle will last me for a VERY VERY VERY long time. It's WAY too strong, except to use on very

special occasions. The opening in the bottle is not much bigger than a pin head. I put my finger over the opening

and flipped it over once, very quickly. You could hardly see the dot of moisture on my finger-tip. The fragrance

was nearly overwhelming. I dotted it onto the back of my neck and can REALLY REALLY smell the fragrance~!!!!!!!!!

WOW~!!!!!!!!!!!!! This stuff is STRONG~!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said all that, I have to say that the fragrance

is not bad at all. It's very nice, when used in VERY small amounts..............we're talking MICROSCOPIC

amounts(!!!)..........kind of musky and warm and deep. It is sort of reminscent of something you *might* smell on

an old lady, but not entirely that bad.

I can't believe that some men actually LIKE this fragrance on

women!!! (????) It's funny how many of us like the light fragrances like fruits, berries, food-smells, and fresh

flower smells. Most of us don't go for the deep, rich, spicey, musky smells, but it seems like the MEN really like

those fragrances. I can definitely say that something like this will DEFINITELY be a MAJOR cover-up for even the

STRONGEST dose of smelly phero's you might have in your arsenal..........*LOL*

If there are any men reading

this, feel free to pop in with your thoughts, if you have smelled, and liked the V. Westwood Boudoir fragrance or if

any of your SO's wear the fragrance.

I'm still waiting for my samples of Pink Sugar to arrive, although

I'm nervous about that one too because I've read so many conflicting reviews about it in various places. Oh

well..........nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? :) At least I only ordered SAMPLES!! (LOL)

I'm

looking for a fragrance (laced with the appropriate seductive phero's) that will make me "unforgettable" to just

the RIGHT male specimen that comes along. Nothing like bending the rules a little with creative use of chemistry.

;) Hope my search finds just the right scents. I need a light, fresh one for work around other women (and also to

attract men), and a heavier, deeper, more seductive one for other times when it is safe to have a more seductive,

unforgettable fragrance.

Oh well.........just my ponderings for the night. I'll keep you posted.

:)

LWQ

CrystalMoon
07-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I have had men chasing me

almost to the door of the Ladies loo to ask what fragrance I am wearing when I wear Boudoir, and not one man I know

does not love it.

"The Man" and all of his friends describe it as "Bottled Sex," which was exactly what Vivienne

Westwood was aiming for when she created it.

The original VW UK site is no more, which is a pity, as it had her

entire creatiion process noted down, and the new site is more commercial, but if you actually take a really deep

inhalation directly from the bottle, you will find it does indeed replicate that same scent you get JUST after

romping in the sheets..or on the floor..or..wherever.

The minis are good for topping up with something like EW,

which turns Boudoir into a mini-bomb - that ALWAYS yields the desired results, but you really need at least a 30 ml

bottle, so you can spray with wild abandon, and get the full effect of Boudoir's headiness.

Spray Boudoir in a

large, sweeping arc in front of you, and then walk through the cloud of fragrance. This means the perfume diffuses

really well, and ensures that you are leaving that fragrance in the nose and mind of every male you encounter

thereafter.

It is actually MUCH cheaper to purchase Boudoir from Ebay here in the UK, rather than Ebay.com, or

other US perfume sites, and that is even taking shipping Internationally into account.

Enjoy.

Ail :-)

Trebor
07-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Could a man wear this?

Trebor

The Real FTR
07-06-2006, 01:10 PM
A man can wear anything he

wants! But in my opinion, the top notes at least of Boudoir might be a little too female for you.

This the

scent pyramid for Boudoir:

top – aldehydes, begamot, hyacinth, orange blossom
middle – jasmine,

narcissus, rose, carnation
base – sandalwood, patchouli, orris, civet

If you are looking for a

sophisticated male floral, I've been reading good things about "Richard James Savile Row"

Top: Italian Bergamot,

Mandarin, Clean Starched Shirt Accord, Fresh Chinese Ginger, Living Green Tea Leaves, Petitgrain Citronnier,

Tunisian Rosemary, Egyptian Basil Oil

Heart: Guatemalan Cardamom, Coriander Seed Oils, Evening Dew Tuberose, Lily

of the Valley, Moroccan Rose, Lavender Absolute

Base: Soft Suede, Indonesian Patchouli, Indian Sandalwood,

Tobacco Absolute, Amber, Haitian Vetyver, Sensual Musk, Oak Moss

I haven't smelled it yet but it sounds luscious

to me.

Trebor
07-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi The Real FTR,

Thanks for

the additional info. - I'll have to investigate these when I get the chance.

Trebor

koolking1
07-06-2006, 02:04 PM
just wondering if any

of you have tried Dr Smell This' "Pheros". And, if so, would a woman who wears that also like VW's Boudoir? TIA

Looking for gift ideas.

CrystalMoon
07-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Definitely, if you mean for

Sue.

I have Pheros, love it and wear it, so I would say you would be right on the money with Boudoir for your

lady. ^_^

You go buy her some - NOW!!!

Ail :-)

countesszero
07-09-2006, 06:39 AM
I have Vivienne Westwoods

Boudoir and yes although it's strong the scent is to die for. Of course I don't use it that often because I only

have 2 small bottles. If I had more it would become my signature scent. It's awesome.

countesszero
07-09-2006, 06:41 AM
I also have Vivienne

Westwoods Boudoir. Yes the it's strong but the scent is to die for. I don't wear it that often because I only have

a small bottle. I hope to make it my signature scent once I can afford a bigger bottle.

LadyWithQuestions
07-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Ok, you folks were absolutely RIGHT on the money with this fragrance!!! The scent IS to die-for and

it's not nearly as strong as I had originally thought. I wore it this weekend and it's a WONDERFUL fragrance and

not at all over-powering, like I thought it would be. I dries-down really really nicely. I wore it this weekend

and got TONS of attention because of it~!!!!!! :) So it's a definite winner for me.

I followed a suggestion

from another thread and shook several generous drops into my palm and then added 2 drops of PI/w and quickly

applied it all over my neck, arms, ears, and wiped it off on my clothing. The result was magical~!!!! I even loved

smelling MYSELF all day......LOL.........because it smells SO good. I had TONS of compliments on it all day

long.

My weekend was very busy and stressful because of some various things, and I noticed that the females I

was around were VERY loving and "touchy-feely" and friendly.......WAY more-so than usual. The guys kept hanging

around me and commenting on my fragrance. It was AWESOME~!!! You were right........this stuff is definitely the

BOMB. :)

I just received my latest Love-Scent order and I got the EW. So I can't wait to add one drop of

that to my mixture and see what happens. HaHa.........I just might be asking for trouble. LOL

Thanks SO

MUCH for turning me onto this fragrance. It's totally AWESOME! I got mine on Ebay, btw. :)

THANKS

!!
LWQ