PDA

View Full Version : VNO Debate

Rakesh
06-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Scientific exclamations of this sort

have lost gravity about 50 years ago. With a gazillion different studies proving that eating oranges with your left

hand makes you sneeze 4,16 more percent on average, or contradicting each other on important issues like global

warming, its not much of a surprise.

Plus there are hundreds of people in this forum alone who have had

undoubtable empirical experience with mones and couldnt care less what some bugger in a lab coat who hasnt gotten

laid since his previous life as a mayfly thinks :D

jvkohl
06-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Scientific

exclamations of this sort have lost gravity about 50 years ago. With a gazillion different studies proving that

eating oranges with your left hand makes you sneeze 4,16 more percent on average, or contradicting each other on

important issues like global warming, its not much of a surprise.

Plus there are hundreds of people in this

forum alone who have had undoubtable empirical experience with mones and couldnt care less what some bugger in a lab

coat who hasnt gotten laid since his previous life as a mayfly thinks :D

Sounds hostile. Anecdotal

evidence, and minimal scientific data of effects attributed to involvement of the human VNO is what I attempted to

address, not the effectiveness of pheromones. Perhaps you will take this opportunity to offer a citation to any

recent research that supports the concept of a functional human VNO, rather than merely advise others to ignore

scientific evidence, since --if I read you correctly-- you think it is all irrelevant.

Not that there's

anything wrong with that, especially if you're marketing products that you believe activate the non-existent human

VNO pathway to hormonal and behavioral change. For all I know, you're just doing your job as a marketer.

JVK

Rakesh
06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Me? Marketer? Sounds paranoid.

Fanboy, maybe :).

Hostility towards present day "scientific" scene, which for the most part follows popular

demand? Naturally. There have been several studies linked here which were in favor of a functional VNO. And several

which havent.

It is pretty well known that humans have a very underdevelopped VNO, compared to other

species. Still, theres a remnant of it there, and some people are able to detect them consciously. So even if the

original chemical receptors dont work, theres a psychologically conditioned link (the smells being only detected in

certain scenarios).