PDA

View Full Version : Could use some help:

CalgaryCanuck
06-18-2006, 03:33 AM
Man is

there a lot of science involved in this pheromone stuff! Anyways guys, I tried to do some searches and what not (I

posted on here a long time ago for help too, but never got the chance to order anything. Now I finally made an

order.) Well dont laugh cause I aint good with all this, but say if I sprayed Axe over the unscented pheromone I put

on (as a cover scent), can that block anyone from smelling the pheromone?

luxveritas
06-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Even products that contain

NONE (A7 and NPA) dont smell exactly like BO. They do stink but people cant really figure out what it is. To me it

kind of smells like gasoline, chemicals with a hint of BO. None is the only one you have to be careful with. I can

barely smell any other pheromone besides NONE so Axe should work fine.

CalgaryCanuck
06-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Right on, good to know.

Also, do cover scents weaken or dilute the pheromones themselves at all?

CptKipling
06-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Also, do cover scents

weaken or dilute the pheromones themselves at all?

Nope!

message too short so adding random words

lalala

Sigma
06-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Even products

that contain NONE (A7 and NPA) dont smell exactly like BO. They do stink but people cant really figure out what it

is. To me it kind of smells like gasoline, chemicals with a hint of BO. None is the only one you have to be careful

with. I can barely smell any other pheromone besides NONE so Axe should work fine.

I think the way none

smells on people varies from person to person. Whenever I OD on none, I start hearing complaints of smelling like

bug spray.

luxveritas
06-18-2006, 08:16 PM
I think the way

none smells on people varies from person to person. Whenever I OD on none, I start hearing complaints of smelling

like bug spray.

Bugspray is not that far off. I dont recognize the scent as B.O.

Riley
06-21-2006, 01:26 AM
From what I have read, people

detect the "smell" of pheremones with a different part of the nose (the VNO) than what they detect odor with, so I

should think theoretically the cover scent should not reduce the effectiveness of the

'mones.

Riley

EDIT: I just read Mr. Kohl's post (with link) that basically said that it looks like

the VNO in humans doesn't matter... making my above response probably less than useful.

belgareth
06-21-2006, 04:03 AM
From what I have

read, people detect the "smell" of pheremones with a different part of the nose (the VNO) than what they detect odor

with, so I should think theoretically the cover scent should not reduce the effectiveness of the 'mones.

Riley

EDIT: I just read Mr. Kohl's post (with link) that basically said that it looks like the VNO in humans

doesn't matter... making my above response probably less than useful.
Not disputing JVK's expertise as I

know very little in the area of human physiology. However, I posted an article that mentions the subject of the

human VNO is not a closed case but still subject to debate by other scientists. Perhaps it would be wise to not

completely discard it yet?