PDA

View Full Version : While in Surgery, Do You Prefer Abba or Verdi?

Holmes
06-10-2006, 06:30 PM
The Red Hot Chili Peppers "good pancreas music."

:rofl:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/10/arts/music/10doct.html?ex=1150603200&en=4a500c7942848af6&ei=507

0&emc=eta1

Mtnjim
06-12-2006, 02:08 PM
I wonder what's good for "getting

poked in the eye with a sharp stick"! I have catarack surgery coming up on 7/6. :POKE:

bronzie
06-13-2006, 10:47 AM
mjim, catarack is a extremely

safe and common procedure and you will feel like new after it, you could watch the classic horror film "the hills

have eyes", dont worry if your sight is blury just after procedure, the film aint that good...

get yourself a

good pair of polarized sunglasses after the surgery!

Mtnjim
06-13-2006, 11:27 AM
mjim, catarack is a

extremely safe and common procedure and you will feel like new after it,...
I know that, heck, the Romans

were doing it 2000 years ago. It's just...well, I don't even wear contacts. I can't stand anything near my eyes.

Any other surgery, let me watch, but...

bronzie
06-14-2006, 03:51 PM
The Pros will make it feel like

your not having the procedure, thier very good, I wouldnt worry too much. Just sit back and relax. Good thing about

surgery is that your in the hands of distinguished individuals that care about thier fellow human biengs. They have

taken a hypocratic oath after all.

Holmes
06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Best of luck with your surgery,

Jim.

I got one coming up in week or so...an endoscopic biopsy...can't hardly wait. (Hey, as long as they

don't play ABBA...)

DrSmellThis
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Best of luck to both of you,

mntnjim and Holmes. I'll say a prayer for best possible outcomes.

A lot of surgeons listen to death metal.

I'd hope they at least waited 'till the drugs kicked in (to me that is).

Mtnjim
06-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks,
Mine's next

thurs.
Holms, how did it go??

Holmes
07-09-2006, 07:43 AM
How did it go, Jim?

Mine

hasn't gone yet. Rescheduled for a couple of weeks from now.

Thanks for the good wishes, Doc! I could use

'em, for sure.

The Death Metal thing doesn't surprise me. On a quasi-related note, a friend of mine

recently had a nerve conduction study done. Apparently the doctor liked Rollins. :D

Mtnjim
07-10-2006, 09:36 AM
How did it go,

Jim?

Went well. I was worried that I might move when the needle came close to my eye, but didn't happen.

The worst part of it was the 5 gallons of eye drops they put in my eye. every 5 minutes or so, the nurse would come

in and put in 4 or 5 different drops. this went on for an nour and a half or so, Then they stuck an IV bag on me

with salt water (Ringer's solution) in case they needed to inject drugs. Later the nurse came to take me into the

operating room; she asked my name and what they were going to do. I told her "hysterectomy" and she totally cracked

up. I was taken into the operating room and the doctor had me lie down on the table. He told me to stare at the

bright light, and a psychedelic light show started. This went on for about 10 minutes and when it stopped, he put a

patch over my eye and let me go home. My eye stayed dilated for 3 days, but I'm 20/20 in that eye now.

bronzie
07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
He told me to

stare at the bright light, and a psychedelic light show started.

That sounds Great! I miss those

1960s LSD days, although I wasnt even born, a psychedelic light show is maybe what I need ! maybe I go doc and ask

for the procedure or just for the light show??:lol:

Mtnjim
07-14-2006, 04:24 PM
...maybe I go doc

and ask for the procedure or just for the light show??:lol:

Or just stick a needle in your eye!:POKE: