PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2006

abductor
06-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Brasillllllllllllllllllll ...............

Mtnjim
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Germany did pretty well too!

CrystalMoon
06-10-2006, 08:13 PM
I met an English girl

tonight in the pub, who was HORRIFIED that "The Man" and I are NOT supporting England, even though we are

"Brits."

I cannot believe it took us TWO HOURS to explain to her that since the UK is made up of FOUR separate

countries (Scotland, England Northern Ireland and Wales) we are not obliged to support anyone other than Scotland

(we never get through to the World Cup anyway, so it's kind of redundant to support them..) - and even then we

don't have to - it's just nice and patriotic to do so. ^_~

This girl was 28, has lived in England all her life,

and did not know that Scotland and England are separate countries. Good grief - we even have our own Parliament in

Scotland!

"The Man" just about went berserk on her..

How in the name of the Gods can you get to 28 and NOT

know something like that?

Anyway, we're not supporting England, but I suspect they will get very far down the

line - maybe even right to the Final.

Ail :-)

Bruce
06-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Abductor, you're back! You still

in London these days?

B

CptKipling
06-17-2006, 05:25 AM
ENGERRRRLAND!! Wooooo!

ahem

belgareth
06-21-2006, 07:02 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060621/od_afp/fblwc2006engbritain;_ylt=AmlKfPmoGa7OCmEI8NzfSGQPL BIF

;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060621/od_afp/fblwc2006engbritain;_ylt=AmlKfPmoGa7OCmEI8NzfSGQPL BIF;_ylu=X3oDMT

A0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM)-

CptKipling
06-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Hah! Just what we need, more

rowdy supporters. I bet some of them speak clearer English than some of the blokes down at the pubs though.

abductor
06-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Abductor, you're

back! You still in London these days?

B

Hi Bruce ..yes i'm still in london..my home now..

and I brought here my wife and my litter boy ..(2 y) 2 months ago .. I want to see my son to be educated here. I

like british education...I only dont know how will be to him learn 2 languages at the same time.. some friends said

to me ..to dont worry about that.

But speaking about WC-2006
Well.. as you know guys..I was born in

Brazil, my blood came from portuguese family and I choose england to live ..so ..I suport 3 potencial winners :)..

first brasil...sure
anyway congratulations CptKipling.. england won equador :) .. and brasil gonna get Ghana ..

lets see then... but I have to say some worlds how brazilians see the football... We play football for fun .. once

time Parrera (brasil coach) said: I never ask to players .. lets go, we must to win ! ... he says: lets go there

and enjoy the match ... !!!!

Well see ya all !
Kind regards !