PDA

View Full Version : NPA (New Pheromone Additive) content

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2002, 07:09 PM
What is the Pheromone content on The New Pheromone Add? and its alcohol based right?

Bruce
01-13-2002, 08:26 PM
That\'s a good question for a couple of reasons. The exact formula has not been released by the maker though when both NPA and Edge came out, they were both guaranteed to contain 2 mg of pheromones. Edge has since been upped to 2.4 mg, and I have been meaning to check to see if NPA went up as well; probably not.
Cheers,
Bruce

PHP 87
01-14-2002, 03:41 PM
Bruce, I just ordered NPA and was wondering what types of pheromones are in it?

Does it only contains Androstenone or does it contain other types of pheromones as well?

Bruce
01-14-2002, 04:05 PM
Hi,
There is definitely a good bit of a-NONE in there as you will know when you smell it, but the rest of the formula is kept secret by the manufacturer.
Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be in there, lots of rumours. Also ive added NPA to attraction in a ratio of about 9 attraction to 1 npa in the atomiser i got as a bonus and it seems to work even better, then Ae added a couple of drops really kicks ass. lol

Teak
04-19-2002, 06:29 AM
Well I did ask if they (LaCroy Chemicals) had any plans to make pheromone products with more than just -none in (ie: -nol, -rone, a-1, etc). They said they use 3 different pheromones already in their products, 2 of which target the VNO.

CJ01
04-19-2002, 07:22 AM
teak, that´s funny - what is the third phero type suppose to target? Well at least you managed to get a response, congratulations I think you´re the first to get some info from this particular lab!CJ images/icons/smile.gif

Teak
04-19-2002, 07:42 AM
No idea, they still wouldn\'t give any specifics unsuprisingly. images/icons/smile.gif Those were their words, so unless they mean something else by them, like the 3rd pheromone isn\'t well documented or has a lesser effect on the VNO I don\'t know. Maybe it\'s something like -rone or A-1 and they mean it doesn\'t directly cause a strong sexual effect via the VNO, but helps the other 2 pheromones? Or could be some pheromone we don\'t know about?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-19-2002, 08:41 AM
\"They said they use 3 different pheromones already in their products, 2 of which target the VNO\"

Sounds like NPA and Edge may already contain andro-1 (and maybe estratetraenol, also?)! If so, it\'d be interesting to find out how much. Teak, can you copy their email message to you here? I want to see the exact wording.

Whitehall
04-19-2002, 09:05 AM
Hold your horses here guys!

Stone Labs is treating their ingredients as a trade secret which is their right. They could have reasons that involve patents or a lack thereof. Press too hard on this issue and they might find themselves in a position of being legally compelled to withdrawn their products from the market. That would be at our loss.

I\'d council a respect for Stone\'s silence on the issue of ingredients. Let\'s just accept that what they sell works fine and leave it at that.

Lee
04-19-2002, 09:29 AM
3 types of pheros?

There is definite -none in there. I\'m thinking there can be a good amount of -nol or -rone since I read that the Edge tends to make women silly or chatty.

Whose to even say that there is even a lot of -none in the edge? It\'s been known that even trace amounts of -none can be quite stinky.

Anyway, I think it\'s kind of cool to use secret ingredients.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-19-2002, 11:24 AM
Well, -none and -nol has been shown not to affect the VNO. Only andro-1 and estratetraenal has been demonstrated to affect the VNO. So if NPA / Edge only contain three pheros as claimed, they could be -none, andro-1, and estra-.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-21-2002, 11:11 PM
Whitehall,

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think we at least need to give credit where credit is due: Stone Labs has ALWAYS given us the exact contents of their products - they have never cried this \"proprietary\" BS.

This is however the status quo for Lacroy products. And while the LaCroy products seem to work well, there are many products out there that DON\'T and claimng high concentrations but are actually hiding their WEAK products behind claims that thier pheromone content is \"proprietary\", all the while unsuspecting individuals are trying out these dishonest products and susequently perpetuating falsities about how \"pheromones don\'t work\" because of thier negative experiences.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that LaCroy has every right NOT to disclose the content of their products, but I for one would much rather prefer to KNOW what I\'m spending my hard earned dollar on. That\'s the main reason that I\'m so pleased with the Stone products...maybe if LaCroy didn\'t have anything to hide (and I\'m not insinuating that they do) they would take a que from Stone and not be so secretive! If nothing else, demanding disclosure (especially from those BS websites on the \'net) would prevent honest folks from getting raped by jerks selling bottled water with a pheromone label. (read Quality - nothing more than a blank glass bottle filled with water!)

- Idol

**DONOTDELETE**
04-22-2002, 04:15 AM
i think you guys are just curious obout whats in these bottles..for the better of it me to i think that if customers are buying these products and helping the manufacturer and resellers make money then we have a \"right to know\" whats in these so called pheromones. and thats a civil right

camusflage
04-22-2002, 06:46 AM
cobra:
No, it is not a \"civil right\" to know what\'s in them. It\'s no more your right to know what\'s in any particular phero than it is to know what goes into Coca Cola syrup, or what Kentucky Fried Chicken\'s secret herbs and spices are. In fact, it\'s even LESS your right because the aforementioned items are ingested, meaning they\'re held to a higher standard as far as disclosure of ingredients in most countries.
Now then, it IS your right not to buy a product solely because you don\'t believe in the sales/marketing practices of it. I had a rather ugly customer service experience in a Burger King over ten years ago. To this day, I have not set foot in another one since.

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: camusflage ]

Whitehall
04-22-2002, 06:51 AM
Idol,

Perhaps I mixed up the manufacturers of NPA and TE - is it Stone or Lacroy? I don\'t really care but I should have checked my facts. My apologies for the confusion.

I\'d always prefer to know the exact composition too but it is not essential to my perception of the products\' functionality. NPA and TE work for me.

I think the whole pheromone rip-off mess shows the value of a reputable retailer in the supply chain. Bruce has established himself as a trustworthy purveyor of pheromone porducts - a man who will not sell rip-off products and who will stand behind what he sells. Plus, he provides great customer service.

I\'d shop at Love-Scent.com with the same confidence that I\'d shop at Nordstroms - Bruce brings quality, service, and trustworthiness to the business.