http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060609/ap_on_hi_te/video_game_detox

Netghost56
06-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Heh. I'd go sign up just for

the room and board.

Bruce
06-17-2006, 07:27 AM
My kids would play endlessly if we

let them. I had a problem with Civ II for a while in Japan. I would wake up on a Sunday, go straight for the

machine and play in my PJs until it was time to go to sleep, leaving the keyboard only to take a leak; no food.

Holmes
06-17-2006, 08:09 AM
I just thought the concept of a

detox center for video game addiction was funny, but, yeah, many people I know (myself included) have been

addicted at one time or another.

I remember Civ II but never played it.

Remember Atari and

Intellivision? :rofl: (why am I laughing?)

Lor
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
I just thought the

concept of a detox center for video game addiction was funny, but, yeah, many people I know (myself included)

have been addicted at one time or another.

I remember Civ II but never played it.

Remember Atari and

Intellivision? :rofl: (why am I laughing?)
i had an atari.
i liked pitfall harry,lol.
seriously, the only

time i had the time to get addicted was in highschool when zelda came out. all hours of the nite,no lie. when they

made another zelda, all i could think was "im not alone! there are other people like me giving up their keg party to

sit in front of tv !!!!! :lovestruc

tim929
06-19-2006, 07:38 PM
A friend of mine has managed to

rack up seventy thousand dollars(U.S.) in consumer credit card debt and squander hundreds of thousands in setlement

moneys as a result of video game addiction.He can literaly burn off weeks and in some cases months without ever

opening a bill or leaving the house.The bills only get attention when they shut something off like the power.The

phone was shut off two years ago and never got reconnected.He will shop for food only sporadicly and buy massive

quantities of easy to prepare meals in bulk to avoid having to shop for several weeks at a time.He will forgo

bathing for days at a time and sleep in his clothes(the smell is realy horrible.)This behavior will occasionaly

break for a day or two befor he spins back in front of the computer again.We (his friends and family) have been

trying for the last couple years to help him but to no avail.His son spends most of his time at his grand parents

house where he can eat and sleep and live in a clean environment.

His health at this point is in serious

question.He smells like he died already.

By the way...Im realy not joking.This is a very serious problem and it

should get the attention that it deserves.Its one thing to occasionaly spin out for a weekend on a new game...but

its beginning to ruin peoples lives.

Mtnjim
06-20-2006, 01:45 PM
His health at this

point is in serious question.He smells like he died already.

By the way...Im realy not joking.This is a very

serious problem and it should get the attention that it deserves.Its one thing to occasionaly spin out for a weekend

on a new game...but its beginning to ruin peoples lives.

This dude is a serious "addictive personality"

and needs professional help. If it weren’t games it would be alcohol, heroin, or a cult religion.

tim929
06-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Interestingly,the condition he is

suffering is a result of clinical depression...or maybe its the cause.Chemical dependancy is alittle different breed

of cat than something like this.Alcoholics consistantly display a genetic propensity to alcohol addiction,as do most

drug addicts.Video gamers tend to be alittle different however as games of this type stimulate a different area of

the brain.The results however are very much the same.