PDA

View Full Version : EW - different smell to the newest batch?

CrystalMoon
05-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi guys and gals!

I had a backorder placed for 2 bottles of EW, which as you all know was out of

stock.

Well, it's just arrived, and to say that it smells VASTLY different from the last lot I had, is the

understatement of the century!

It's nowhere near as sharp or strong, but to be honest, I am NOT liking the way

this lot smells one bit!

It's very hard to describe just HOW it smells, but what is really annoying me, is that

I had found my Vivienne Westwood perfume Boudoir and Aquolina's Pink Sugar to be perfect cover scents for the last

lot of EW I had - and I cannot cover this one up for love or money!

Did anyone else place a recent order for

this, and if so, have you noticed the difference?

I think I'm going to post in the Customer Services thread just

to see if Tammy or Bruce can shed any light on this.

I don't remember reading anything here about it being

reformulated, but my nose is very good when it comes to scents, and this just does not smell anything remotely like

the last three bottles of EW I bought here.

Interested to hear from anyone else who has recently placed and

received an EW order.

Ail :-)

bronzie
05-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Crystal, just curious, what

does EW stand for? which product?

Mtnjim
05-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Look

HERE!! (http://www.love-scent.com/product_info.php/c/womens/p/essence-of-a-woman/cPath/7/products_id/35?osCsid=0cdad41

7479bc8781d7e893fb72d67b9)

bronzie
05-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Its scent Jim but not as we know

it.

Mtnjim
05-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Its scent Jim but

not as we know it.
You can say that again. Look in the archives for the original beta of it. It had to be

diluted 10,000:1 outside and then double bottled, and even then, it could still be smelled!!

bronzie
05-05-2006, 04:48 PM
this product could classify as a

weapon.

Imagine letting off copulin bomb in Iraq or Iran? those radical Islamic extremists wouldnt know what

to do with all that womanly scent flying around in the air? they cant actually put a black burqa over it!?! they

will either self destruct or accept it and sing tunes from the sound of music.

CrystalMoon
05-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Sorry, yes it's Essence Of

A Woman, and I get the most amazing results from it - and contrary to what other people have found, these results

are with someone who has known me very well for almost 12 years!

We've been best friends and nothing more, for

that length of time but just before Christmas things started...changing between us, and it threw us both for six.

I've just turned 39 and he has just turned 32, but the age thing is nothing to me - especially since he is MILES

older in the head than me - seriously.

I then decided to throw some Pheromones into the mix to see what happened.

Suffice to say, EW IS the bomb - in all good ways....^_~

I took two of the 7.5 ml EW bottles and decanted them

(straight - undiluted) into a 30ml blue glass roll-on bottle I had, then added an entire 5 ml bottle of PCC.

I

apply this mix straight from the roll-on, wait five minutes, and then spray on my perfume to the areas where I

applied the EW/PCC mix (wrists, crook of elbow, forearms, lower abdomen, sides and back of neck , behind knees, on

earlobes), and that is just the ticket for me, I've found.

I also add two drops of straight EW to each and

every perfume oil I possess (a LOT) and here in Scotland we have easy access to a Pheromone product called

Pherofragrance (which I think has been mentioned on these forums before. In fact, I think it was by yourself

Bronzie) and I put one drop of that in my cleavage, and nowhere else. Nothing else is needed - for me anyway.

Everybody of course is different.

Pherofragrance is developed by Dr. George Dodd who also developed Excite Wipes

which are of course, sold here (it's exactly the same thing in a liquid format in fact) and since I live fairly

near Mellon in Fife, where it's produced, it's a hop, skip and jump to get more.

I wondered if Bruce realised

it's the same thing exactly as Excite Wipes, but in liquid form? I am sure it would fly out of here if he stocked

it.

I love this site. I have avidly studied the posts here of people like Dolly and The Countess, and follow

their advice closely. The Countess's Witches Brew is now a staple for me, and like Dolly, I mix EW up STRONG (see

above), and get very good results.

This still isn't answering the mystery of the change in the way this batch

smells though...anyone..?

surfs_up
05-06-2006, 06:19 AM
the classic vinegar smell... as the fatty acids the compose body secretions become heavier, first they

smell somewhat buttery (butyric and isobutyric acids) then they become outright musky-cheesy smelling... Isobutyric

acid is present in vomit too, which helps give it its' enchanting aroma...

My inclination is that younger

women tend to produce lighter fatty acids and as they get older the heavier fatty acids may predominate...

propionic, butyric, and their esters... a good copulin formula ought to include butyl esters in low concentration as

they add a light fruity note that you will identify in fresh young pussies.

OTOH pentanoic (a.k.a. valeric)

acid is decidedly raunchy and should be used sparingly as a "grace note"... too much pentanoic acid can be a major

turn off...

However, if you skip the sharp, nasty, repellant pentanoic acid and go one carbon higher to

hexanoic acid it can add a good rich organic pussy funk to the situation...

In conclusion, an ideal copulin

formula would be 3, 4, and 6 carbon (ethyl, butyl, hexyl)... 2 carbon is too sharp, 5 and 7 carbon to

stanky/rancid... and a sprinkling of various esters thereof for deliciousness..

Some of the higher ketones

perhaps, like methyl hexyl ketone described as "At 10.00 ppm. Dairy, waxy, cheese, woody, mushroom and

yeast"...

The early copulins were either too sharp/acid or toooo pungent/rancid... even the PCC formula went

form light and nice in one batch to hellaciously funky in another...

Details, gentlemen, details matter !!

ohmmmm
05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks surf. I had suspected as

much because I've used a small amount of copulins even though I'm a guy. Years ago one bottle I had worked great

in a formula of -non and a bit of -nol. This was many years ago before all the new pheromones were out. In any case,

after that bottle, none of the subsequent stuff worked nearly as well. I found that PCC did nearly nothing...and I

couldn't figure out why. Hopefully the new EW batch will be effective even if it doesn't smell all that good and

can't be covered well. At least the good thing about humans is that they can adapt to nearly anything if thier

first few experiences are great.

bronzie
05-06-2006, 03:30 PM
I used copulins with my bisexual

girlfriend a couple of years ago, as she approached me, she started to wave the air from her face,- like what

stinks. I used PIW. I really cant say if they work in general with me, because after that incident, I threw the

bottle in my cupboard and never used them again with her or another girl, I have a full bottle. She responded to

Xcite wipes and PIm like a charm, every single meeting, she would compliment that I smelt so good.

bronzie
05-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I

also add two drops of straight EW to each and every perfume oil I possess (a LOT) and here in Scotland we have easy

access to a Pheromone product called Pherofragrance (which I think has been mentioned on these forums before. In

fact, I think it was by yourself Bronzie) and I put one drop of that in my cleavage, and nowhere else. Nothing else

is needed - for me anyway. Everybody of course is different.

Pherofragrance is developed by Dr. George Dodd

who also developed Excite Wipes which are of course, sold here (it's exactly the same thing in a liquid format in

fact) and since I live fairly near Mellon in Fife, where it's produced, it's a hop, skip and jump to get more.

I wondered if Bruce realised it's the same thing exactly as Excite Wipes, but in liquid form? I am sure it

would fly out of here if he stocked it.

Crystal, you live in the Scottish Highlands?

Sounds crisp! As a clanswoman you should know your choice in scents, its your right by birth!

Next time your

near Dr.Dodds wildeness, ask that Merlin of the scent world if he could teach you a few tricks and brews. Maybe he

can make you into the next Morgana of the scent scene.

I personally love his products and not only

pherofragrance.

countesszero
05-08-2006, 05:09 AM
I love

this site. I have avidly studied the posts here of people like Dolly and The Countess, and follow their advice

closely. The Countess's Witches Brew is now a staple for me, and like Dolly, I mix EW up STRONG (see above), and

get very good results.

Thanks CrystalMoon, I too am still using my Witches Brew and am still

getting great results. I purchased a new bottle of EW but mine smells the same as the old one.

surfs_up
05-08-2006, 10:30 AM
should you haunt the fragrance and flavoring industry catalogs... you will find many good

candidates for nuances and grace notes that offer something closer to the full HDTV Hi-Rez sensorium of echt

copulin... these first generation copulin products are overly simplistic IMHO to be convincing to the reptile

brain... maybe a touch of Acetyl Methyl Carbinol or some Butyl Butyryl Lactate, a touch of Difurfuryl Sulfide, a

pinch of Diacetyl, 2 Methyl Butyric Acid,1 Octen-3-Ol, and 4,5 Dimethyl Thiazole ... a couple of other

this'n'that... look, a good perfume chemist could tune this juice to a "T"... they know how to do it, they just

have to be super sneaky when they're incorporating it into a mainstream fragrance.. you could even add in some

"spermous" 1-pyrroline or earthy 2-pentadecalactone.. I'd betcha there's some real good hints hidden in them

lactones...4-hexylbutan-4-olide ? Etc.... please, guys, as close to the real thing as you can get it !

DrSmellThis
05-11-2006, 03:04 AM
FWIW, the old EW seemed to age

with time, and mellow. So I'd wonder whether that had anything to do with the smell difference.

To my nose the

original batch had a bit too much butyric acid (the parmesan cheese smell). But a product like that is tremendously

hard to balance. And still, I still found the mix very useful as a fixative and animal note, as well as a

pheromone/aphrodisiac.

I don't know what the relation between EW and the "original Astrid Jutte recipe" is (not

that that would have to be the end all be all set of ratios/chemicals), and would be curious to find out. I do know

EW has an indole, which was not in the Jutte recipe -- but I was in favor of including that "ass note". ;)

surfs_up
05-11-2006, 12:41 PM
when you've

experienced connoisseur grade aroma, the grand cru of aphrodisiac scents, the entire brain turns on in a

way that it never does, or only partially does with copulin additives as they are now formulated ... for

much the same reason that synthetic fragrances that contain a couple of the major isomers of whatever never come

close to believability... like everybody uses Iso Butyl Quinoline to make those woody man fragrances, and there the

funky Tetrahydro Para Methyl Quinoline and three or four others used in commercial perfumery, Methyl, Propyl, maybe

5 ? Good fixatives too... Imagine having access to 10-12 variations on the theme, how complex and alluring it would

be in contrast to being hit over the olfactory bulb with "chypre"...ugh!

Real snatch, glorious and fresh and

biologic.... is filled with a symphony of oozing notes ! Seaweed, fruity esters, leather, butter, cheeses,

estrogens...the bouquet of wine pales by comparison... everything from the daintiest mountain heather, to teeming

fisheries, to dank caves filled with aging cheeses....much more than a handful of fatty acids !

surfs_up
05-12-2006, 04:21 AM
couldn't believe me buggered eyes ! Have a go at this one

matey.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/4761989.stm

DrSmellThis
05-12-2006, 04:02 PM
when you've

experienced connoisseur grade aroma, the grand cru of aphrodisiac scents, the entire brain turns on in a

way that it never does, or only partially does with copulin additives as they are now formulated ... for

much the same reason that synthetic fragrances that contain a couple of the major isomers of whatever never come

close to believability... like everybody uses Iso Butyl Quinoline to make those woody man fragrances, and there the

funky Tetrahydro Para Methyl Quinoline and three or four others used in commercial perfumery, Methyl, Propyl, maybe

5 ? Good fixatives too... Imagine having access to 10-12 variations on the theme, how complex and alluring it would

be in contrast to being hit over the olfactory bulb with "chypre"...ugh!

Real snatch, glorious and fresh and

biologic.... is filled with a symphony of oozing notes ! Seaweed, fruity esters, leather, butter, cheeses,

estrogens...the bouquet of wine pales by comparison... everything from the daintiest mountain heather, to teeming

fisheries, to dank caves filled with aging cheeses....much more than a handful of fatty acids !Nice

description! You're sounding a bit like Luca Turin! Once you get the basic chemicals down, you can add other

things to get it closer. Every woman smells different. My ex girlfriend smelled like jasmine there, which was nice

and classic. Open up a fresh batch of cumin seed sometime and smell it. You may be suprised.

dolly
05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi guys and

gals!

I had a backorder placed for 2 bottles of EW, which as you all know was out of stock.

Well,

it's just arrived, and to say that it smells VASTLY different from the last lot I had, is the understatement of the

century!

It's nowhere near as sharp or strong, but to be honest, I am NOT liking the way this lot smells one

bit!

It's very hard to describe just HOW it smells, but what is really annoying me, is that I had found my

Vivienne Westwood perfume Boudoir and Aquolina's Pink Sugar to be perfect cover scents for the last lot of EW I had

- and I cannot cover this one up for love or money!

Did anyone else place a recent order for this, and if so,

have you noticed the difference?

I think I'm going to post in the Customer Services thread just to see if

Tammy or Bruce can shed any light on this.

I don't remember reading anything here about it being

reformulated, but my nose is very good when it comes to scents, and this just does not smell anything remotely like

the last three bottles of EW I bought here.

Interested to hear from anyone else who has recently placed and

received an EW order.

Well, I just got a new batch of 2 bottles....haven't tried to

use and cover yet, but mine smells stronger than usual. I went to the Post Office, and as soon as I opened my PO

Box, you could smell it. I walked into the main area to get some stamps, and the lady behind the counter

said....."Good, I'm glad you picked up your mail....whatever is in that package really smells". I thought that the

bottle had leaked or something, but when I opened it, I found them intact. But, it seemed that the scent had just

permeated the whole package.

catlord17
05-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I ordered a bottle of EW after

iscovering how effective it was on me when a friend of mine ordered some. She gave me one drop, and that one drop

had me going crazy for days after the bottle broke. I couldn't believe it, my sex drive literally doubled. Of

course that cheese note was horrible at first, and almost embarassing, too. But I ordered a bottle for myself as

soon as I saw it was back in stock.

When I tore open the package, I smelled what smelled like a fruity sweetish

and only very faintly cheesy smell. (I'm no perfumer, guys, so bear with me.) I wondered what the problem was,

also thinking the bottle had becomeopened in transit, but it was sealed.

Then I saw the newlabel and bottle and

that it was clear. I remember the old one being whitish. I got mad that they changed the formula, because I knew

the old one worked. I took a whiffof the newoneand was amazed at how much different - and more pleasant - it smells

to me. It's very fruity and sweet to my nose, if a bit too much.

So now I'mwondering if it's the same

concentrationas the old formula, and I put 1/3rdof a drop on the backof my hand and rubbed the backof my other hand

in. Whoa! Talk about your blooming! I had to run for the shower, and even after showering, I could still tell the

difference between where I had applied it and the soap smell.

I then made myself a 300:1 dilution, and it smells

a lot like like grape koolade to me. Which is a lot more like what natural copulins smell like to me than the old

formula. My roommate says it smells like rotting melon, and my assistant says it smells terrible - but it's having

the same effect as the old formula on me, that's for sure. A few whiffs of this new stuff and I was going crazy.

Maybe I should dilute it to 400:1. I'mplanning to use it as a hint in mypheromone mix.

By the way, please

forgive my spacebar. It sucks.

CrystalMoon
05-16-2006, 03:49 AM
I've only ever had 7.5ml

bottles labelled in dark blue and with a dropper lid, but these ones definitely do not smell the same as any of the

others I bought - I still had a little of my last order and have tested them side by side, and there is a fair

difference.

On Saturday night I finally managed to cover the EW scent using my Boudoir perfume, and I achieved

that by waiting a full 30 minutes before I sprayed my perfume, over my EW mix. Normally, I just follow Dolly's

advice, and wait five minutes, then spray.

I will just need to play around tweaking this lot, I guess. That's

always fun!

surfs_up
05-16-2006, 06:28 AM
I took a whiffof the

newoneand was amazed at how much different - and more pleasant - it smells to me. It's very fruity and sweet to my

nose, if a bit too much.

Ahhh... those would be fatty acid esters which give fruits their

flavor and aromae... also vastly more stable than raw fatty acids which are actually corrosive acids when

concentrated... hence their long term instability... and their chemical interactions with other things... the ripe

Durian fruit, when obtained locally in southeast Asia, is about as sensuously obscene as an edible plant can be ...

and there have been may reports that consuming pineapple will improve the intimate flavors of both men and women,

while eating aged cheeses will have the opposite effect. Pineapple is loaded with longer chain esters...

The

modern perfumer has a multitude of choices to select from, scents which are fungal, earthy, meaty, seaweedy,

indolic, clammish, leathery ... some genius out there is destined to formulate a juice of such compelling

verisimultude that it will be featured in every gentleman's publication on the planet, and no doubt some mention

will be made in the discreet sections of the ladies magazines as well...

"Scientists Have Finally.....!!!"