PDA

View Full Version : Adding Pheromones to Fragrance Oil Mixes

hxcplaya
04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Hello, I like to experiment and mix various custom colognes and perfumes for myself and for some

friends (both male and female) using concentrated oils. I decided I wanted to try incorperating pheromones into the

mixes so I found love-scent, which led me to this forum as well as the pherolibrary (many thanks to those who set

that up).

Anyhow at first I was thinking of using an unscented cologne/perfume additive such as AFA or NFA, but

then realised that these products contain alcohol. The fragrances I mix right now are pure oils and contain

absolutely no alcohol, and I would rather not add any.

So now I'm considering adding an unscented oil-based

pheromone solution such as SOE or PI. I know that PI is stronger but supposedly it has a very noticable odor that

could interfere with the smell of my current mixes. SOE is said to have a much fainter scent and seems to be the

best choice for my situation, but I am unsure on what ratio to use when mixing with the oils. (If it helps any...at

the moment I generally mix in portions of 1/4, 1/2 and occasionally 1 oz. of cologne/perfume)

Thanks in advance

for the help, and please forgive my total pheromonal noobishness. :cheers:

Mtnjim
04-26-2006, 02:38 PM
You might want to look at

this old thread. (http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8637) Dr Smell This is our local

expert.:box:

hxcplaya
04-26-2006, 07:43 PM
I looked through that thread,

and though it does have a ton of useful recipies and tips, I could not find exactly what I was looking

for.

Basically...say that I have 1 oz of the finished product, and a bottle of SOE. I want to make a 1/2 oz

bottle of the two combined.

About how much of each should I put in to have a decent pheromone concentration while

at the same time not severely altering the original fragrance? Please keep in mind that these are pure oil mixes and

not the average spray cologne/perfume.

Shenandoah
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
hxcplaya, Given

the price of mones, I suggest you experiment in batches much smaller than ounces, or even 1/ 2

oz.

And that is the best way to find what works for you =

experiment.

Assuming that your oils are less expensive than SoE, try this

Get several small bottles, or vials with caps. Put one ml of SoE ($5.00 worth) into the first vial. Now mix in one

ml of the oil you’d like to try with SoE. Label it 50% SoE. Take one ml of the two ml of 50% mix out, and put it

into a second vial. Now add another ml of the oil to the mixture, and label it 25% SoE. Put one ml of 25% mix into a

third bottle, and add one ml oil to get a 13% SoE mix. Repeating this yet one more time would give a 6% SoE

mix.

Start w/ two ml of SoE in a bottle, and add one ml of oil. This gives

3 ml of 67% SoE. Put one ml of this three in another bottle with another ml of oil giving 33% SoE. Mixing one to one

again gives 16%SoE. Doing it yet one more time gives 8% SoE

Put one of the

remaining two ml of 67% SoE in a bottle with two ml of oil to get a 22% SoE mix. One ml of this mix with one ml of

oil gives an 11% SoE mix.

This ought to give more than enough samples to

wear, and determine what ratio you’d really like. You may even get something you like before finishing out the

mixing.

Then make a 1/ 2oz, or even 1 oz mixture.