PDA

View Full Version : Replacing L-arginine with Citruline

MOBLEYC57
04-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Had to go to the Health Food Store today to pick up my enzymes; and always in search of what could possible make my

wood woodier, I asked the question on any New and Improved. He said I could switch out my L-arginine with citruline

and try that. So, I was wondering if anyone here ventured into the world of Citruline?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Citrulline exists primarily in the liver, where it is heavily involved in the urea cycle to detoxify and

excrete ammonia. This unusual amino acid is formed in the urea cycle by the addition of carbon dioxide and ammonia

to ornithine. Next, it is combined with aspartic acid to form arginosuccinic acid, which later is metabolized into

the amino acid arginine. Citrulline is not a component of any major proteins or enzymes.

Icehawk
04-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Seems like a precursor. They

also have alot of nice things to say about it here and elsewere.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cit.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jrod4.htm

I

d say its different that arginine in terms of effects. Depends what you are taking it for.

surfs_up
04-15-2006, 08:19 PM
There is a fruity sour sports enhancer made by VPX Sports they call AEX Pump.... leaves raw

arginie far, far behind... half a can of this business and your capillaries are dilated.... pretty intense stuff,

wouldn't touch it late in the day... feels healthy though, not grindy/revvy like out and out stimulants...
And

boy, you clear lactic acid buildup so fast you wouldn't believe, just whooses out of your muscles, so you can get

back to work real quick...

MOBLEYC57
04-15-2006, 09:04 PM
The owner of the store said it

was a vasodilator (I think that's what he said) just like l-arginine, but it cost more and may work better. He also

said it depended on the person, and like everything else, it may vary from person to person.

Surf, why do/did

you take the product your mentioned ... coffee type boost, working out, concentration? Is it consistent or has/did

your body get use to it? DPS NUTRITION has 8 oz, 24 cans for $45.99 with this description ...

Vpx Pump Ready-To-Drink 8oz - 24

Cans

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Can (8fl

oz)
Servings Per Container:

Amount (file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/chris/Desktop/dps/check%201/Dps_files/dpsnutrition.htm

[/IMG]Amount) Per Serving

20% (file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/chris/Desktop/dps/check%201/Dps_files/dpsnutrition

.htm[/IMG]Calories)
Calories 40

Daily Value

20%
Total Carbohydrates

10g0% Sugars

0g
Total Fat 1g1%

Saturated Fat 0g0%

Proprietary Blend* 3,000mgâ€

Magnesium Peroxide (Mg02) 25mgâ€

A-AKG (Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate dl-Arginine Malate)
â€Daily Value not

established

Other Ingredients:
Highly purified water, glycerine,

citric acid, sucralose, potassium sorbate, natural and artificial flavor.

Directions:
For best results, use one to 2 servings everyday including non-training

days: 1)Prior to training, Pump can be used by itself or consumed together with a protein shake.

Does that sound like what you're talking about?

Thanks!

surfs_up
04-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Same product as you're describing... mine has Arginine Ethyl Ether, Cnidium Monomer,

Nor-Valine, etc.... maybe their advert people put old information on the web ?

Comparatively, L-arginine is

ho hum... almost don't know that I've taken a supplement.... with the VMX I feel noticably goosed... maybe the

blood flow to my brain has improved too ? Sort of like vinpocitine without the throbby brain feeling.... excellent

for work outs (if your response is like mine) because the muscle stays "open" even if you contract it hard with

multiple reps... I think it would be a fantastic juice for games like tennis where the same muscle patterns are

fired hundreds of times, might even help speed recoveries from small muscle tears or sprains... arginine is supposed

to mobilize tissue healing processes...

Holmes
04-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Still not

clear as to how the VMX buzz differs from your garden-variety caffeine frenzy.

Traditional stimulants

(coffee, green tea extract, guarana, yohimbe, l-carnitine, et al) don't like me at all. Should I avoid this

product?

MOBLEYC57
04-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Still not clear as

to how the VMX buzz differs from your garden-variety caffeine frenzy.

Traditional stimulants (coffee, green tea

extract, guarana, yohimbe, l-carnitine, et al) don't like me at all. Should I avoid this product?

SurfU

will have to answer your first question, Signor Holmes; but I've found the product is the same that I was asking

about, which I think, is cheaper at DPS Nutrition, and it has none of you what you've listed in your don't like

me at all list. The arginine ETHYL ESTER HCI is what has my attention!

http://www.vpxsports.com/newweb/images/l_muscle_pump.gif

Sigma
04-18-2006, 01:23 AM
edit :rofl:

MOBLEYC57
05-05-2006, 07:40 AM
I just got a News

Letter titled BOTTOM LINE HEALTH; it gives out bits of health information and tries to sell you books such as

DOCTOR'S FAVORITE HOME REMEDIES, HEALING SECRETS DOCTOR'S DON'T TELL YOU, etc. etc. It has an article on it on

L-arginine that reads ...

"NOBEL PRIZE WINNER'S BREAKTHROUGH PREVENTS HEART ATTACK AND STROKE,

RELIEVES IMPOTENCE

The chemical is called nitric oxide, and it helps prevent heart attack

and stroke 4 ways:

* It lowers cholesterol by 10% to 20%.

* It reduces arterial plaque by as

much as 50%,

* It expands blood vessels.

* It controls platele function.

Several

studies show that L-arginine has a positive effect on blood flow and on the inner lining of blood vessels. But

here's the key: L-arginine doesn't enter the cells of the body easily unless it is combined with another amino

acid call L-citrulline.

L-arginine and L-citrulline have been proven effective in numerous studies, at

prestigious research centers like the Mayo Clinic."

surfs_up
05-05-2006, 09:04 AM
you flush REAL easily, if you feel slightly embarrassed or extra sun, anything, the

blood rushes in... doesn't stay red like a drug response, only flushes deep when you flush... feels healthy though,

like the pipes are open, area around the heart relaxes too.. deep stress backs off for a while...