PDA

View Full Version : La ciesta !

abductor
03-23-2006, 09:47 AM
All folks,

I went in

spain and people there, diferent than here in london, love to take a rest.. sleeping a litter bit after lunch, it's

law there :-). I saw some research that it's good for your health. What do you think about that ? Zzzzzzz

belgareth
03-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Love my afternoon naps! Just a

short one right after lunch for maybe 45 minutes. Been taking them whenever possible for years, makes me feel

sharper and more on top of things all afternoon.

Mtnjim
03-23-2006, 10:33 AM
All folks,

I

went in spain and people there, diferent than here in london, ...

Unfortunately, with McDonalds, Wal Mart

and the E.U., all of the distinct cultures are going to be homogenized. ‘tis a sad loss. I've noticed changes since

I lived in Europe 25 years ago.

Bruce
03-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey Abductor!

How's it going?

Still in the UK? Spain must be a lot more like back home in Brazil, no? How is your Spanish? Easy to

communicate?

B

abductor
03-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey bruce ..

yep i'm

still in london .. ..

Spain must be a lot more like back home in Brazil, no?

but

basically about the weather .. with my spanish ..well I can unterstand spanish spoken..but when I speak I mix up

portuguese and spanish..
About people as Mtnjim said ..distinct cultures are going to be homogenized :-/

Mtnjim
03-24-2006, 10:36 AM
..but when I speak

I mix up portuguese and spanish..
I had that problem when I went from Spain to

Portugal.

About people as Mtnjim said ..distinct cultures are going to be homogenized

:-/

Yes, truly sad!

alanrudy
04-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I went in spain and

people there, diferent than here in london, love to take a rest.. sleeping a litter bit after lunch, it's law there

:-). I saw some research that it's good for your health. What do you think about that ? Zzzzzzz

Don't know for sure but remember reading that too much glycine (in breads, rice) can make you sleepy afterwards.

And when you said that and connected it to health I started to think of different countries that do that and they

seem to be heavily oriented towards breads, rice. Just an idea. Again, not sure about it, and not even sure if it

is glycine or something else. Anyone else? :run: