Already Probably At War With Iran’
Fox News’s Neil Cavuto skips past the “should the United States go to war

with Iran” debate and informs us we already have."

Interestingly enough, Mar/Apr weather presents the most

ideal conditions for a military move.

belgareth
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
I went to the Fox News site and

couldn't find anything by Mr. Cacuto that sounded anything like that. Was it recent? Do you have a link for it?

Maybe I'm blind! You know how old age can cause seeing problems.

koolking1
03-22-2006, 04:41 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/03/21/fox-war-iran/

belgareth
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Ok, thanks. I was hoping for a

little more. Maybe they'll have the transcripts on the Fox News site in a day or two. I'd like to know how he

follows that up.

Mtnjim
03-22-2006, 05:17 PM
I have been sure S O Forces have

been bouncing around in Iran since we landed in Iraq. After all this Administration doesn't know how to spell very

well.

Netghost56
03-22-2006, 10:02 PM
No good can come of this...

tim929
03-23-2006, 12:42 PM
What do you mean "no good can

come of this?" The military industrial complex is going to make a mint on the sales of armor piercing ammunition,one

thousand pound general purpose bombs and lazer guidance packages.Not to mention all the logistical support that

Haliburton will be providing for the venture.And lets not forget the oil companies who will profit from the influx

of Iranian crude oil.General Motors has been seeing some tough times lately and there will be huge contracts to

replace or augment the current fleet of Hummvees and Bradley AFV's as well as General Electric making money off the

sales of new engines and parts for the M1A3 tanks.Lets not forget that alot of the M1 tank fleet is outdated and is

in serious need of upgrading to M1A3-SEP specs.Oh...did I forget to mention the Striker AFV's? They are due for

replacement and/or upgrading too.Colt firearms has the contract to replace all of the M16-A2 and A3 rifles within

the next few years too so this will provide the financing to get that done faster.Hughes Defense systems can hardly

keep pace with the number of TOW missiles we have used up in Iraq so they are goona need to get moving too.The Air

Force has been chomping at the bit for more money to upgrade its aircraft from the antiquated F-15 and F-16's to

the new F-22's at a hundred million plus per copy.And the F-117's are getting old.Thier composite airframes have a

limited shelf life so they will need to be replaced soon too befor they start falling out of the sky.And after

all...we have a war with Iran to fight so we need to get the ball rolling and get this money spent fast!

Netghost56
03-23-2006, 12:46 PM
ummm...exactly!

Whitehall
03-23-2006, 06:23 PM
When the head of a nation says

they are going to kill you and your friends and neighbors and is getting the means to do so, PLEEAASSEE pay

attention.

I'm reading Winston Churchill's memoirs of WWII. It is chilling to see the leftists and

liberals in the West advocate appeasement.

The first volume, "The Gathering Storm" covers the issue

well.

Yes, we are at war with Iran and have been since Jimmy Carter. The strategy to win is to forment

overthrow or replacement of the theocracy.

tim929
03-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Whitehall,I have personaly

regarded the state of relations between Iran and the United States as war since the late 1970's.Something that we

Americans are so very well known for,and that so many people freely take advantage of is that we have a very short

memory.Let me bring everyone up to speed...

in U.S. history, events following the seizure of the

American embassy in Tehran by Iranian students on Nov. 4, 1979. The overthrow of the Shah of Iran

by an Islamic revolutionary government earlier in the year had led to a steady deterioration in Iran-U.S. relations.

In response to the exiled shah's admission (Sept., 1979) to the United States for medical treatment, a crowd of

about 500 seized the embassy. Of the approximately 90 people inside the embassy, 52 remained in captivity until the

end of the crisis.

For those who dont know,siezing an emabssy is an act of

war.

President Carter applied economic pressure by halting oil imports from

Iran and freezing Iranian assets in the United States. At the same time, he began several diplomatic initiatives to

free the hostages, all of which proved fruitless. On Apr. 24, 1980, the United States attempted a rescue mission

that failed. After three of eight helicopters were damaged in a sandstorm, the operation was aborted; eight persons

were killed during the evacuation. Secretary of State Cyrus Vance, who had opposed the action,

resigned after the mission's failure.

We sent combat troops to a foreign country,also an act

of war.

In 1980, the death of the shah in Egypt and the invasion of Iran by

Iraq made the Iranians more receptive to resolving the hostage crisis. In the United States,

failure to resolve the crisis contributed to Ronald Reagan's defeat of Carter in the presidential election. After

the election, with the assistance of Algerian intermediaries, successful negotiations began. On Jan. 20, 1981, the

day of President Reagan's inauguration, the United States released almost $8 billion in Iranian assets and the

hostages were freed after 444 days in Iranian detention; the agreement gave Iran immunity from lawsuits arising from

the incident.

Information was taken from YAHOO encyclopedia.

The

Russians would have invaded,we gave weapons to Iraq instead and told them to go raise hell,and they did.For eight

years they raised hell and it all came to nothing.In the Islamic world,things like this are remembered for centuries

as if they happened yesterday.But in America,we easily forgot once the new season of sitcoms started.If we go to war

against Iran,I realy wont mind all that much,except for the fact that we will be going to war for corperate gains

more than the principals behind it.On the plus side,most Iranians realy do kinda like us in a quirky,sorta backwards

way.Many Iranians have been bucking against the theocracy for years because they remember the good times...the days

befor the theocracy.Back when they were allowed to think the world wasnt flat and that women were lower on the food

chain than cattle.Back in the days when you could go to a university in Iran and learn stuff like engineering and

science instead of beard growing and wife beating and when freedom of thought didnt get you the death scentence.And

women were allowed to attend universities too,just like the men...and they didnt have to cover themselves head to

toe or risk being shot like rabid animals.Hell...Iranian women were allowed to sunbathe!:blink: With men present!!

:nono:

Netghost56
03-24-2006, 12:06 AM
they

remember the good times...the days befor the theocracy.Back when they were allowed to think the world wasnt flat and

that women were lower on the food chain than cattle.Back in the days when you could go to a university in Iran and

learn stuff like engineering and science instead of beard growing and wife beating and when freedom of thought didnt

get you the death scentence.And women were allowed to attend universities too,just like the men...and they didnt

have to cover themselves head to toe or risk being shot like rabid animals.Hell...Iranian women were allowed to

sunbathe! With men present!! When was this??

tim929
03-24-2006, 04:35 AM
Oddly enough,durring the reign of

the Shah of Iran.He was a secularist king who wore armani suits and built universities.He was also horribly

corrupt,but that can be said of the leaders of any country.His corruption is what generated the anger that got him

overthrown.The catch was that when Komeini took over,he clamped down like a vice with a rendition of islamic law

that made the Taliban look downright permissive.In otherwords,this was all taking place in the 1940's through the

1970's...The Shah was not a big fan of Islam and that was ultimately his undoing.

koolking1
03-24-2006, 09:47 AM
actually some of you may be

surprised at my position on this subject given my other views. I am all for taking out any and all nuclear weapons

programs within Iran and for regime change. Hopefully, we can get this done without too too much collateral damage.

Most Iranians are fine people. If those Mullahs want to live in the past, we can sure help them.

Biohazard
04-13-2006, 03:30 AM
If

we were to use tactical nuclear strikes to take out Iran's nuclear sites we would be facing their entire Army, real

quick-like, heading into Iraq. It would be a bloodbath for both sides. They would lose but, oh my, what a cost.

actually some of you may be surprised at my position on this subject

given my other views. I am all for taking out any and all nuclear weapons programs within Iran and for regime

change. Hopefully, we can get this done without too too much collateral damage. Most Iranians are fine people. If

those Mullahs want to live in the past, we can sure help them.

Flip-flopper? Just kidding. From

our discussions about the draft last year, I never really got a good sense about how you think Iran should be

handled. Seemed to me at the time you opposed offensive military action against Iran.

Guess I was

right again about the "tactical strikes" on Iran as opposed to a full-scale invasion requiring possibly a service

draft. ;)

bronzie
08-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Old topic, but since the UN

resolution was passed yesterday for a cut off date for Iran to halt its nucleur program otherwise sanctions would be

imposed, thought I would bring it up again. Irans response again was, we dont care, nucleur power is our right, dont

f*** with us.

For those that think the West or west ideology like the USA has been at war with Iran only

since Carter years in the 70s, should read up on history, the West ideology has been at war with these despotic

powers of the east since the Persian empire, and it was constantly Greece that had to deal with them and defend

western culture, in many major battles and wars on Greek soil, until Alexander the Great, once and for all had to go

there and finish them off, at least for a couple of thousand years.

Now they are back, different ideology,

but same intention.

Mtnjim
08-02-2006, 08:58 AM
One thing I find really strange is

the Wack job radicals calling for the death of all Jews, when one of the great Profits in Islam (Jesus--yes

that one) was a Jew from the House of David. Guess they're too stupid to get it.

BizmanJoe
08-03-2006, 01:22 AM
I

went to the Fox News site and couldn't find anything by Mr. Cacuto that sounded anything like that. Was it recent?

Do you have a link for it? Maybe I'm blind! You know how old age can cause seeing problems.

Try

Luteine... it really helps. LOL.