PDA

View Full Version : College/Interview Questions..

AdrenaIine
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
To

start off I'll explain a little bit about myself. I am a college student and am very interested in my colognes. I

then came upon this site and started looking around quite regularly. I am a 19 year old male, 5'9 160lbs, regular

build but athletic, and would consider myself a good looking guy. I don't blow girls out of the water with my

looks, but I get the job done. I have had two beautiful girlfriends in the past, and guys wonder how I got them, but

in other cases, I'll go a couple months without much success. That is where I got interested in pheromones.

Anything that can give you a boost, I favor. Long story short, I just ordered the Free Sample Pack from the

Love-Scent store. I am going to test these out, but I would like to make a purchase soon(before I blow my money on

something else!) while I can. Now... I was looking at purchasing NPA and SOE after the reviews I have read but maybe

you guys can help me in these situations:

1. What would you recommend for casual days and going to class?

Would ^^^ differ from a mix I should use going out at night?

3. I will be applying for a job at a couple

clothing companies soon, and am wondering what would be a good choice? Just so you know, the place is A&F(I'm not

the biggest fan, but it's in walking distance of my house when I am away from college)... and more than likely a

female will be evaluating me right away on looks/appearance. Anything to give me an edge in the process would help

:lol: .

Now here are some other questions:

I am a big fan of cologne. Over the summer I will most likely be

using Essenza Di Zegna(similar to Acqua di Gio) for the night time and Kenneth Cole Reaction during the daytime. I

am wondering interactions/reactions/whatever else might work well or won't work with these colognes(because they

are my babies).... Anyways... enough from me, hope you guys can help !

PS: Hello to everyone on the forum :wave:

AdrenaIine
03-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Any suggestions of the free

sample pack would be nice.. I know you get a few gel packs among other things, just wondering how I should try them

out!

Rashkae
03-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I am a big

fan of cologne. Over the summer I will most likely be using Essenza Di Zegna(similar to Acqua di Gio) for the night

time and Kenneth Cole Reaction during the daytime. I am wondering interactions/reactions/whatever else might work

well or won't work with these colognes(because they are my babies).... Anyways... enough from me, hope you guys can

help !

PS: Hello to everyone on the forum :wave: .

Erm. You may want to check out Basenotes for

cologne recommendations... AdG and Reaction are actually despised by a lot of the "cologne connoisseurs" (with good

reason, mind you).

Try to smell *different* from the crowd. Half of the world wears AdG, so do you want to smell

like them? NO! Make your own signature scent different from the rest so you stand out more. Try L'Instant Pour

Homme, YSL M7 or Live Jazz or Rive Gauche. If you're in LA, try Frederick Malle's Musc Ravageur. Givenchy's Very

Irresistable for Men.

Sigma
03-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Any suggestions

of the free sample pack would be nice.. I know you get a few gel packs among other things, just wondering how I

should try them out!
A lot of the newer poster try to do too much too little and end up not seeing

results. Learning how each product works for you is probably the most important part to experimenting at first.

Try each one individually to see what kind of reactions you get....once you get a good understanding of how each

product works, purchase bottles of what you like, and start experimenting with mixes. Thats probably the most

efficient way to get started on mones.

I know its real tempting to start experimenting with mixes right away,

but trust me, the sample packs don't really provide enough to thoroughly test mixes. They are an excellent

opportunity to find out which products work for you and which and don't...and they give you an idea of what to buy

so you don't end up buying bottles of products that don't work for you later.

To answer your question though,

whenever I'm in class I usually go with 8 inches of SOE and a drop of either NPA or PI. If I'm headed out for the

night I'll throw on SOE+A314+NPA (8 inches, 2 drops, 2 drops) or SOE+a1+NPA (8 inches, 4 drops @ 1/2 strength, 2

drops). For an interview, I think it really depends on where you're interviewing at. For something in retail

sales, SOE+A314 is probably a good way to go.

AdrenaIine
03-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the advice guys..

for the 1st poster: I can't keep my hands off of Essenza(I believe the same makers of M7) BTW I have read reviews

on it on basenotes.. and they don't really do EdZ justice it's got more of a spice to it than AdG-But, I really

enjoy the smell and have had good comments - even though an upgrade would be nice, although the Reaction I was

mostly saving for the summer as it was a gift, and had some positive remarks on it, but it was a more generic

cologne.

Sigma: Do you know what all comes in the sample pack? I would love to know all the contents. I am

definetly going to try the sample before making a purchase and start mixing. Just from what I've read, SOE + NPA

sounds(true test will be if it works though) like a good combo for me.

Overall, this should be fun to see what

reactions I get and what mix is good for me.. I'm excited.

belgareth
03-14-2006, 04:09 AM
Sigma: Do

you know what all comes in the sample pack? I would love to know all the contents. I am definetly going to try the

sample before making a purchase and start mixing. Just from what I've read, SOE + NPA sounds(true test will be if

it works though) like a good combo for me.

[url]http://www.love-scent.com/index.php/c/free-samples%21/cPath/13?osCsid=89a73f09ffc02a881ccce8734c609a49[

/url]

AdrenaIine
03-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Sorry belgareth, could you

let me know exactly what I am getting? I ordered it a few days ago, and can't recall what was in it. That link

doesn't work for me(always times out) due to my slow internet connection at my University.

paulman
03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I think pheromones are great,

but personally would never use them for interviews. You never know how someone will respond to a given pheromone

and there is always a chance they could work against you. I beleive interviewers are looking for your confidence,

skills related to the job and your personal energy which all can be projected without pheromones.

Sigma
03-14-2006, 09:11 PM
I think pheromones

are great, but personally would never use them for interviews. You never know how someone will respond to a given

pheromone and there is always a chance they could work against you. I beleive interviewers are looking for your

confidence, skills related to the job and your personal energy which all can be projected without

pheromones.

But just like a well fitted suit, matching tie, and polished shoes can create a better

overall image, pheromones can do the same. Interviews are all about making a strong first impression, and pheromones

work best when meeting someone for the first time...knowing that, interviews are a perfect opportunity to exploit

mones.....so long as you know what you're doing.

I agree with you to an extent. While pheromones are not a

substitution for natural confidence, sociability, etc, they do give a great social advantage in all sorts of

everyday situations outside the realm of sexual attraction. Pheromones have benefitted me in a number of non-sexual

type situations, and I have seen quite a few "professional hits".

The most important thing to remember is to

tailor your mixes to the situation. Think of what kind of image you're going to project in a given situation, and

put on pheromones that enhance that image. For interviews you want to project the fact that you are sociable and

able to work with others, and most importantly that you're confident and worthy of their trust. -rone helps create

a sense of trust, confidence,and being in control...while nol creates a sense of sociability. Knowing that, build a

mix that creates that kind of vibe.

AdrenaIine
03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, I'm only going to have

the sample pack readily available for the interview. It's at a retail store, so depending on what I get in my

sample pack.. I will see how it goes.