PDA

View Full Version : EVERYBODY- - - - - Tight gear!!(cool clothes)but cheap hopefully

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2002, 06:27 PM
images/icons/cool.gif Can everybody put out examples of clothes and shoes in here that are \"fashionable\" (I\'m trying not to use slang). This idea came to me when I read the Hit Squad Post and DonaldDuck mentioned that \"his gear was always tight even if it wasn\'t name brand\". So since men\'s clothes is expensive I was wondering if you can all mention badass clothes. Hey DD if you read this mention your name brand clothes and non\'name brands.
Can everybody include also if its turtleneck w/ some kind of pants that look cool or wool jackets w/ so so (the type of clothes to t-shirt, jeans ,etc.) Ladies your input is also valued.
Oh and it would also be cool if you could put like your casual fashionable clothes ex. and your going on a date fashionable. I know it depends if you go to the beach, or the dance club or a restaurant on this one.

But just put a lot of info and websites the POINT IS TO HELP FIND COOL STYLE AT FAIR PRICES. BUT ALSO PUT THE \"NOT-SO-FAIR PRICES\" images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2002, 06:44 PM
Uh, I believe that was me. Donald would never say \"his gear is tight.\" images/icons/laugh.gif

The trick is to see what\'s in the upscale stores (what the mannequins are wearing) then find the same thing for cheap somewhere else.

Next order of business is what\'s \"tight\". I mean are you talking business causal \"tight\", hip hop \"tight\" or club \"tight.\"

I mean at work black pants, a grey turtle neck (shirt or sweater) and a leather jacket never really play out. They make for good fall or winter clothes too. The kahkis with pockets on the leg are in style and Old Navy has some real nice stuff better than it\'s parent stores The Gap and Banana Republic.

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: jambat ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2002, 06:56 PM
My bad Jambat! That a good idea though, definately going to do it. Plus also register to www.paypal.com (\"http://www.paypal.com\") and visit their paypal stores. There are some that sell clothes for really cheap. There is one which i think it is www.weloveshoes.com (\"http://www.weloveshoes.com\") and they sell expensive shoes but at wholesale prices. Right now they don\'t have a men\'s department but there going to add it soon so you just have to sign up to get an email notice oh when that happens.
They have versace and all that for the ladies though.
Latz

Whitehall
01-07-2002, 11:13 PM
Are you sure you want to be \"fashionable?\"

Look back at dated photos of people and \"fashionable\" looks ludicrous. Better to go with enduring quality, carefully chosen and well coordinated and expertly fitted. In the long run, quality that doesn\'t become unfashionable is much less expensive.

Personally, Aquascrutum is the brand but cheap? No. The big advantage of suits and more formal clothes is the fitting - tailors can make a good suit of clothes flatter one just so. Get natural fibers although microfiber is getting almost acceptable.

\"Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express’d in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,\"

Wm. Shakespeare from \"Hamlet\"

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 08:35 AM
Dalesalsa;

Dude. The above posts are right. Take a look at what is fashionable then look for cheaper clothing in that style. I find that Millers Out post for casual wear is always a good bet. But if you want good deals, learn how to shop. I mean I have found that clearance racks at the likes of Dillards, MayCo, even Neiman Marcus are great places to find really great deals. But beware the $20.00 Hugo Boss shirt might be a great price, but if it is in a color like neon salmon...then maybe not such a great deal.

But learn to shop.

TCO

CJ01
01-08-2002, 09:25 AM
The imprtant thing is that you´re comfortable with and in the clothes you´re wearing, that their fit and suit you (body and personality wise). In other words be honest because if you try too hard to be trendy even though it´s not really YOU, you end up looking a total twat and instead of impressing others, ýou ´re more likely to loose your credibility. This goes for attracting women too.
CJ images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 10:41 AM
I hust wanted to add girls also like the feel of clothing to. Having some nice shirts with an abnormale but comfortable feel, gets there handson ur body.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2002, 07:41 PM
It\'s not what you wear but how you wear it. Like me, I tend to buy basic stuff. So it never goes out of style and I can rearrange it however the new style calls for. Then I have my hipper stuff which will go out of style but I don\'t buy that type of stuff alot. Too much money for something that won\'t last.

a.k.a.
01-09-2002, 08:23 PM
Everybody needs to take CJ’s comments to heart.

First of all, unless you live in Tokyo, Paris, Rome, NYC, or LA, you won’t even know what’s cool until it’s too late.
Second of all, unless you look like a model, it won’t look that cool on you.
Third of all, even if you look cool, you’ve got to be able to play the part or it’ll blow the whole effect.
And fourthly, if you can play the part, you can wear anything and be your own trend setter — so why bother. (I’ve got a friend who looks and acts like Johnny Depp. He shops in thrift stores and wears crazy things like pin-stripe suits or purple shoes. He gets DIHL without pheros and I overhear comments like, “I just looooove him.”)

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Thats the truth A.K.A. That is a very cool for you to bring up such an interesting point. It is just like I say true and significant change comes from within. Even if some externalthing or event triggered you what ever conclusion you decided mentally and emotionally right there is what changed you, not the event-- but what YOU decided.
You\'ll see why i bring this up in a moment. I have been going through significant change in my life. Kind of like trying to find myself...you know. And when I make changes in what I think of myself (for instance myself image) changes happen outside of myself. My walk is different, the way I express my self is different, the words I use, How I see the world and other people is also different. And what also is different is my FACE. Serously, your face will also change with your self-image. Once my own mom said \"you laugh and smile just like Tom Cruise. You look just like him.\" that took me by surprise because im latin and although people always tell me I look quite anglo-american sometimes. But also as I try to find myself I change again and I find myself attracting different girls depending on the change I just did. All of this w/ the same kinds of clothes (which is just normal fashionalble-- you know the stuff that looks good pretty much anywhere in the U.S. w/ a little of the new fashion). Once I got lots of hits from the super-fine and very fashionable and popular girls that were once (or so \"I thought\") pretty untouchable in high school, and then sometimes just the pretty but very casual girls and sometimes from those girls that value the sexual part of a relationship the most. This is because as I changed made changes to my self-image my walk and posture change either alot or slightly, and my face changes alot too. Yes my FACE CHANGED and YOURS CAN TOO. This is because of what I call FACIAL MUSCLE SIGNATURE. If you have defined and specific self image your face muscles while be contracting in such a way that it slightly changes the your face looks. So your friend face probably resembles that of Jhonny Depp and probably even makes the sames expresions as him. All because he may look at the world kind of the same as J. Depp and then as a result he will express himself like JDepp w/ his expressions, body language, and maybe even laughing and all that.
So I have learned alot about us humans overall and our bodylanguage, and mentalities and how we process the world. But right now I am looking to create in my self a mentality w/ confidence, charisma, charm *phew*.
So then your friend has set his self image and his mentality. He love his self image so other people will too. I have found that is a law that other people love other people that have set specific selve image. This is probably because it shows the persons confidence that toward the world. Because to set up a specific self image you have to sit down and say okay thats it this how I\'m going to be and thats that. And you have to be confident that your decision will work in the real world! People can tell this. If you don\'t believe me start to look at people\'s facial characteristics. And also all movie stars have a certain Muscle fascial signature (the muscles are tensing and expressing in a way) The woman from Contact (jodie Foster--Ithink) has those two cheek bumps, Brad Pitt has his own thing going on, Tom Cruise --also his own thing going on...his eyes are slightly closed almost all the time.
Well this is what I have found out so far. Let me know about what you guys think or questions that I could answer if I explained something a little comfusing.
latz

a.k.a.
01-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Dalesalsa,
Your post really got me thinking.
Some observations that lend credence to your ideas...
I’ve been in bars drinking non-alcoholic beverages and noticed girls seeming prettier after THEY’VE had too much to drink. Maybe the booze relaxed their facial muscles.
IMO French movie stars seem sexier than American movie stars even though American movie stars have more natural beauty. It’s because the French stars somehow project sexuality in their expressions and body language.
My ex-girlfriend watched “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” for half an hour (admittedly under the influence) waiting for Johnny Depp to appear, before she realized he was the bizarro bald guy. She was so used to seeing him in the cool, sex symbol roles.
I, along with some other posters a while back, have noticed girls checking me out when I wear pheros while I’m in a car and they can’t possibly be smelling the stuff. Maybe it’s ‘cause I’m feeling sexy and my features change.

Anyway, now I try to tell myself that I’m a natural sex god and women can’t resist me, every time I apply pheros. I’m hoping eventually my features will adjust.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2002, 06:30 PM
lol Thats a damn good idea about the sex god thing A.K.A. And WOW bro, thanks for your example on that \"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas\" and Johnny Depp, I\'ll definately tell people your addition if ever I need to add more credibility to the subject and real life examples. Oh and anouther thing on the face muscles relaxing and stuff, (Besides being very true) strippers do that (or at least the really successful ones) and really sexy women (like Jennifer Lopez) do it w/ class. So I think thats the secret to a woman being very sexy.
NOW whats the secret for men??? Besides the pheromones. images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 12:28 AM
Men well we think a little differnetly we think in terms of advantage and how we can get our end in (sorry for being crude) but testorone influences mens thinking thats why men who have high androstenone levels get more atttention. Equals well higher testerone which equals more aggression. Damn life is simple to explain now, except for money which makes us more aggressive we think rationally which means take point A to point B and connect to point C. Black and white thinking stratight down the lines and those that are sexy are either good talkers or up themselves. Me im like a big hammer i just land (pheros up max of course) and now just split the room down the middle quick surgical and efficent. Saves all the bullshit and everything else i tell it how it is and everyone else can just take it and thats it. I dont pander to women i used to and got spit up and chewed up and spat out and now well i dont take shit either, but i am a nice guy just as long as the women dont play games with me cause if they do well ill find someone that wont, i have my boundries respect yours if your sensible thats about me in a nutshell. Oops went on for two logn ha. I dont like clothes to tight either just sitting nicley on the body. Light fabric (cotton) i live in australia of course.