PDA

View Full Version : Pheromones and poker game

Pete
03-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Poker involves

a lot of bluffing and confidence. Has anyone ever tried using mones to influence other players perception of you

and your game play?

Gegogi
03-08-2006, 02:20 PM
I wore NPA while playing slots

(Wheel 'o Fortune) in Vegas and won $700. Must have given the machine DIHL. Didn't work as well for video poker or

blackjack.

thenoser
03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
it figures gegogi would find a

female slot machine that was receptive to his 'mones.

oscar
03-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Poker involves a lot of

bluffing and confidence. Has anyone ever tried using mones to influence other players perception of you and your

game play?

Pete,

I've never tried it, nor do I recall any mention here of anyone who has.
But one

bit of advice that I'd suggest is NOT to go into a game wearing anything that you haven't tested pretty

extensively.

The wearer of any phero or phero blend is the person most closely and intensively exposed to their

effects. Since poker's a game where any unchecked display of emotion can tip your hand, try to do your

experimenting in games where you're not "betting the ranch".
A period of "desensitization" can take several days

before you've adjusted to their effects.

Beyond that, I think the perception of confidence might just as

easily work against you as for you. That perception may work in your favor when you're bluffing on a mediocre hand,

but could work to your detriment if you're soft-selling a good hand in the early betting.

While you can feign

a lack of confidence in your hand with body language and facial expressions, you're not going to be able to turn

off the effects of the pheromones.

I'd be interested to hear how it works out if you try it though.

Oscar

:)

Icehawk
03-09-2006, 04:02 PM
OMG, people youse pheros for

poker now? Whats next, hostage negotiations?

alanrudy
03-10-2006, 12:44 AM
OMG, people youse pheros

for poker now? Whats next, hostage negotiations?

Speaking of that, I have a negotiation class and my

professor is top notch. He is an attorney and investigator. He seems hard-nosed and is hard to read or persuade.

I was wearing a couple sprays of Chikara and when I was talking with him he got giggly and unfocused I think. I

still want to do some further testing to see if that holds up.

As for poker playing, I will probably play online

and in person with other people in the next couple of weeks so I will see whether mones have an effect on me or

other players. If anyone here has tried it, please post. I think that if you are playing in person with other

people, a none OD added with suggesting that the other person fold, might make them fold. You people here probably

know a lot more than I do, but just an idea. What do you guys think?

Pete
03-10-2006, 03:53 PM
OMG, people youse

pheros for poker now? Whats next, hostage negotiations?

Speaking of that, I have a

negotiation class and my professor is top notch. He is an attorney and investigator. He seems hard-nosed and is hard

to read or persuade. I was wearing a couple sprays of Chikara and when I was talking with him he got giggly and

unfocused I think. I still want to do some further testing to see if that holds up.

Now you got me thinkin'…

Any lawyers read this forum? It would be interesting to note the affect

of pheromones in the courtroom. Would the judge be more inclined to decide in your favor? Could opposing council be

intimidated by you? Could pheromones influence the jury to decide in your favor?

Riley
03-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I play no-limit poker four or five

nights a week. I would have to say that I get a good deal of respect from the players that sit right next to me,

and am pretty sure the 'mones play a part in that.

Plus, there's usually a hot chick there that "loves the

way I smell". :)

Riley

Gegogi
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Any lawyers read this

forum? It would be interesting to note the affect of pheromones in the courtroom. Would the judge be more inclined

to decide in your favor? Could opposing council be intimidated by you? Could pheromones influence the jury to decide

in your favor?
I ain't a lawyer--a college professor--but have used 'mones for over two years in

classrooms and faculty meetings. In my experience they have no perceivable effect in large open areas except to

those in your immediate vicinity. So SOE and NPA don't do jack when I'm lecturing in a lecture hall or large

classroom. However, one on one in my office or car the effects are obvious and very cool. I imagine a NPA soaked

lawyer wouldn't fare much better unless he or she can navigate into the personal space of jury members or judge.

alanrudy
03-11-2006, 08:26 PM
In my experience they

have no perceivable effect in large open areas
I agree. Don't know if I was unclear, but my negotiation

teacher didn't act any differently when I was talking with him from a classroom distance, just when I was talking

near him. So a closed door arbitration meeting would probably be a better environment for mones to work than an open

courtroom.

Riley,
I know it might be hard to tell, but did you ever try a product/combo with the intent of

trying to make the other player do something (fold, go all in). If so, what did you use?

Icehawk
03-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Now you got me thinkin'…

Any lawyers read this forum? It would be interesting to note the affect

of pheromones in the courtroom. Would the judge be more inclined to decide in your favor? Could opposing council be

intimidated by you? Could pheromones influence the jury to decide in your

favor?

Guys I was being outraged and carcastic... :trout:
Whats next, operating

room? :nono::thumbsup:

alanrudy
03-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Whats next, operating

room?

Well speaking of that...........j/k :lol: :lol: