PDA

View Full Version : SOE report, revised edition

girlnextdoor
02-24-2006, 01:28 AM
*Long

post alert*

Since it appears that the women here aren't unicorns like I previously thought, I might as well

start posting in the women's forum rather than men's. But I do hope men will read and give input here as

well.

So I mentioned in my older postings that SOE did nothing for me.

After educating myself a little I

changed my mind. See, I was expecting people to drop like flies, but the lesson I learned is that it's quite a

subtle process. Pheros don't equal DHIL or instant hypnosis. It's so subtle you don't even notice the effects

until you think about it later.

The first time I wore SOE/w I used about 10" at a speaker workshop. I didn't see

any bursts of intense friendliness so I considered it a failure. My friend purposely sat at another end of the room

and people near me weren't rushing to speak to me. I was extremely disappointed back then but looking back now I

realize it wasn't a failure. It was my own down attitude that I projected on other people.

With my newfound

wisdom I'm revising it as a semi-success. Here's why: Later at the same workshop I conversed with strangers easier

than I usually do. My newly-formed workshop team lingered and chatted longer than all the other workshop teams, and

for once I connected with the members which doesn't happen that often. At these events I usually feel like the

outsider while others bond, but this time I was more at the center than usual.

When we exchanged emails for

future workshopping sessions, as I was writing my email one guy told me we should all put down our numbers as well.

At the time I thought he was being practical, but I'm starting to wonder if it's the subtle pheros effect. I have

to admit I was a little more talkative than usual, so it could be that as well. But I never attributed any of these

incidents to the pheros as they were so subtle I didn't even think twice about it. I just thought I lucked out with

a laid back team, or that people were responding to my friendliness. I thought if the pheros worked, then these

people would've fawned all over me in an obvious way. That didn't happen.

This incident was about two weeks

back, but I'm re-evaluating it as a pheros success now. That doesn't explain why my friend went to the opposite

end of the room, but I'm not really complaining. I'm still not entirely convinced it was 100% success and intend

to try out the pheros more, but I'm thinking there may be something to this. I suppose success is how you look at

it, no? That's the strangest part. You don't know if you did the work or the pheros did.

After that I didn't

use SOE again until yesterday, half a gel pack this time. Nothing happened, but then again I didn't put out any

effort to talk to others. This solidifies the idea that pheros magnify what you put out. Be friendly,and you'll

have success. Be down, and you'll only feel more down.

Pheromones are weird. I'm still trying to get the hang

of it, but it's so much different than I expected. I will definitely up my usage frequency instead of beign so

sporadic, so I can get the feel for what works. It's not like I have a choice anyway when I dropped all this dough

on these magic potions :)

Gegogi
02-24-2006, 03:07 AM
This solidifies the idea

that pheros magnify what you put out. Be friendly,and you'll have success. Be down, and you'll only feel more

down.
It works that way for me. I hide during the rare times I feel depressed. Wait until you get angry

on pheromones. It's very cool. Peoples, pets and wild animals flee. Project sensuality while on pheromones and your

partner will come unglued.

silksand
02-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Excellent insights! Also

remember that pheromones will have most impact on people who are not already familiar with you. For people who

haven't interacted closely with you before, 'mones will help shape their first impression of you. Friends and

those close to you have already formed that impression and will be somewhat resistant to changing it, although it

can shift a bit over time, especially as they see your interactional style evolving. As you bloom, they may find

themselves more relaxed or stimulated in your presence.

SitBackNRelax
04-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Excellent

insights! Also remember that pheromones will have most impact on people who are not already familiar with you. For

people who haven't interacted closely with you before, 'mones will help shape their first impression of you.

Friends and those close to you have already formed that impression and will be somewhat resistant to changing it,

although it can shift a bit over time, especially as they see your interactional style evolving. As you bloom, they

may find themselves more relaxed or stimulated in your presence.

I totally agree. I know I feel

differently wearing mones, and as a result, feel more open and easy going. That directly or indirectly results in

additional hits as well.