PDA

View Full Version : Leak Control Suggestion

Gegogi
02-21-2006, 11:43 PM
I just got an

order that leaked terribly. My bottle of WAGG was less than half full (the CS nol was fine). And I doubt it was over

half empty when shipped, I'm pretty sure it was a leak. The cap was intact and no cracks in the bottle.

I'd say about 25% of my orders during the past 2 years had leaks, but this was the worse. I'm sure this

matter been a thorn in Bruce's side. My suggestion is to ship bottles with a sealed cap. The cap needs a gasket or

rubber seal inside to prevent leaks. The dropper spout or rollerball could be installed by the customer once

received. A pretty simple solution but I bet it will work and save a lot of lost revenue as well as spilled

'mones.

Bruce
02-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Gegogi,

Thanks for the

feedback. We have had nasty headaches the last couple of years with leaks, but the vast majority of them were

caused by specific bottling problems with a very few (but popular) products; Chikara being the main one. Chikara

leaks have outstripped all other leakers combined by a factor of 4 or 5. Now we are having problems with a

particular batch of SOE. Leaks other than that type are generally caused by mishandling in transit, and usually

accompanied by obvious damage to the package. All that said though, your WAGG leak is of a 3rd and fortunately rare

case ("none of the above"). Every now and then a bottle of any type will leak. If weren't for all these huge

batch related problems, we wouldn't have such a customer service nightmare on our hands.

B