PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie, please Help!!!

jasonrothman238
02-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey

guys, I just bought a half ounce 100% pheromone bottle from <deleted> Are these guys legit? They claim to mix apc

and pi at .15% concentration. The guy responded to all my emails (24) and seemed legit. I just sent him a 33$ check

for the product and am waiting for the shipment (He states that personal checks take 7-10 days to process). Also,

has anyone tried their products? Is it effective at all? Thanks a lot.:lovestruc

gamecity
02-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Is this one of those threads

where people try to sell products by hiding in a form of a consumer?

jasonrothman238
02-08-2006, 08:53 PM
No. I actually bought it

from their site and I'm just checking their dependability. Has anyone tried their products? If so, does it work?

CptKipling
02-09-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm concerned that I didn't

see their concentrations...

The idea of mixing with fragrances is sound though.

oscar
02-10-2006, 08:16 AM
.....They

claim to mix apc and pi at .15% concentration. .......

jasonrothman238,

I tried to figure out

what that means.
If ".15% concentration" represents the concentration of PI in the mix, then they're talking about

mixing 15 parts of PI with 9,985 parts of APC.
While not beyond the realm of possibility, it seems unlikely

that anyone would go to the trouble of mixing these two products in these proportions merely to raise the humble

.005% A-None concentration of APC to a nearly as humble .0050675% A-None concentration.
Let's assume that's not

what that sentence means.

So,..could they be referring to the concentration of Androstenone in the

mix?
Doesn't look like that's it either. PI's A-None concentration is .05% and APC's is .005%. There is NO

ratio in which these two products could be mixed that would result in the finished product having a greater

pheromone concentration than the most concentrated of its components. You could add a tanker truck full of PI to a

thimble full of APC and you're still not going to get a mix that's any more concentrated than PI's .05%.

Over

the years I've seen a number of pheromone products and sites where concentration numbers have been mis-stated or

manipulated to make the products appear more valuable than they really are. In some cases it may be carelessness; in

others it looks to be intentional fraud.
There's one site where the product whose actual concentration is .01%,

is represented as being ".01 concentration". Leaving out the "%" sign in that case makes the potency of the product

appear to be 100 times what it actually is. Carelessness or fraud? It doesn't really matter. Once you know your

stuff you come to see these misrepresentations very easily, and avoid dealing with EITHER careless or fraudulent

companies.

In spite of the obvious bullshit "100% Pheromone" that this outfit uses on its site, I'll give them

the benefit of the doubt and do a bit of speculation on what the actual concentration of their product MIGHT

be.
Leaving out zeroes on the right side of the decimal point is another common mistake I see often on pheromone

sites. Whether intentional or not, a product whose concentration is .015% is inflated tenfold if that zero is left

out.
Sometimes when converting "mg/mL" figures to "%" concentrations, an important "0" is omitted.
A product

whose concentration is .15mg/mL would have a .015% concentration. Leave out that zero, and a decent product starts

looking like a GREAT one! (In fact, a "TOO good to be true one." Even the VERY concentrated

Chem-Set A-None (http://love-scent.com/product_info.php?ref=66&products_id=59) is only .1% A-None.)

Let's assume that's what's going on here.

Frankly, if I was told that I was buying a 15mL, .015% A-None

product for $30 I wouldn't be all that disappointed if it had a nice scent. In fact, .015% is an excellent

concentration for an oil-based, ready-to-wear, fragranced A-None product. Of course, knowing what I know, I would

probably opt to get Men's Passion Pheromone

Attractant (http://love-scent.com/product_info.php?ref=66&products_id=30) instead.
I'd feel a bit more secure buying from a company with a better handle on numbers. ;)

Oscar :)

jasonrothman238
02-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks a lot Oscar.

Here's the link for their "certification":

<Link deleted>

It still states .15% concentration of

androstenone.

oscar
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks a lot

Oscar. Here's the link for their "certification":

<Link deleted>

It still states .15% concentration of

androstenone.

GEEZ!
You didn't notice that the link had been deleted from your first post on this

thread?
Please take the time to read the sticky threads, wherein you will see that it is against forum policy to

post links to other pheromone websites.

IF YOU COULD get an A-None product at .15% concentration, a 15mL bottle

of it would cost upwards of $200 based on the price of Androstenone.

Oscar :nono: