PDA

View Full Version : Kava Classified as a "controlled substance" in the EU!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-03-2002, 06:30 PM
I just got a notice from Norwegian customs that my order had arrived but had been stopped because of EU regulations classifying Kava(delightfully intimate) as a controlled(medical-prescription) item. images/icons/mad.gif

I will get the rest through customs(at 24% added to the price of the order(including costs for freight outside of norway) then an extra tax is added to the price of the products) images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif

Satan

a.k.a.
01-04-2002, 05:26 PM
I\'ve read that it\'s an intoxicant, but when I tried some pills (the label said 55% kavanoids) all I felt was relaxed.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2002, 06:37 AM
Satan.
do not know if Kava is considered a controlled substance in the EU, I had no problems since my order has not been stopped by customs images/icons/laugh.gif . But in Portugal there are many products containing Kava being sold in nutrition shops and even supermarkets.
Norway doesn\'t belong to the EU but has an Agreement on the European Economic Area ( http://europa.eu.int/comm/external_relations/norway/intro/). (\"http://europa.eu.int/comm/external_relations/norway/intro/).\")
Do you pay 24% taxes? +extra tax?
I pay 0% importation Tax (parfums)+17% Added Value tax + some fixed customs charges.

See if you arnĀ“t being fooled by norwegian customs... it happens sometimes here in Portugal.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Well the 24%+tax is what I have paid in the past when importing other stuff(sherline-milling machine/books etc.)
However.....the mones went trough as
tax-exempt(no 24%, no tax) images/icons/laugh.gif
They will probably arrive over the week-end.

Satan

Bruce
01-06-2002, 06:43 PM
I am a little worried to see pheromones falling into the hands of Satan. images/icons/smile.gif
Actually, I\'m glad the customs let them thru. We have had problems with Norwegian customs making products suddenly \"disappear\" from shipments. As Lusoman mentions they are out of control in some countries, and just help themselves to anything that catches their eye, and suddenly it becomes \"illegal\" and must be \"destroyed\". In not even one case, have foreign customs returned a product to us that was supposedly not allowed into their country. It just \"disappears\" into thin air. Ladies, if you are ever in Austrailia, watch out for the customs agents. They are fully stocked with a complete array of our products. images/icons/smile.gif
Cheers,
Bruce