PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

CJ01
06-26-2001, 06:53 AM
I´m having real problems with sending a private message. I can recieve them but every time I hit the button I get an Internal Server BS message! Tried it yesterday and today, so what´s up?
images/icons/frown.gif CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 07:00 AM
Yeah, another thing is, you are no longer notified in the corner of the screen that you have a new private message waiting for you. Guess no forum is perfect, but those errors you are getting CJ are probably not a big deal. Simply hit Refresh on your browser and the problem should be okay. Or maybe you just need to download a newer version of Internet Explorer or Netscape. (Netscape 6 sux tho, stay away! slow and unreliable!) Get either IE5.0 and up, or Netscape 4.7 and up. Do you use AOL? Because AOL has a version of IE integrated into it. But AOL sucks for browsing some pages... lots of errors, sometimes can\'t scroll windows down.. etc.

CJ01
06-26-2001, 09:06 AM
Hi,
I don´t have AOL. Netscape is great for looking at saved pages because you don´t have to re-open the pages, you just hit the back button.
I agree, it´s a real shame we don´t have the little flashy envelope here images/icons/frown.gif and what´s more, the green `lights´for the new posts! Those really were gooood! We´ll see how get on, some nice features here.

CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 08:29 PM
CJ01

The problem you mentioned is a real one. I am currently trying to isolate wether it is a server related or board installation.

Chemist
06-26-2001, 09:04 PM
VerminX

I got the PM - how do I reply or read it from the forum - I read it already on my email: sdfhnskjfdh to you too.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 09:07 PM
Did you get one just now as PM ?

Bruce
06-26-2001, 10:17 PM
Seems to be working now. At least I didn\'t get an immediate error message like before. Something\'s changed.

Bruce

DA
06-27-2001, 02:28 AM
It does seem to be working...I received an email notification that I had a PM, and was able to read it in the email as well as on here. I sent one off, too, and no error message like before.

Love this new board, by the way...very slick!

**DONOTDELETE**
06-28-2001, 06:12 PM
Hi VerminX, whats with the five testing messages? Have a nice day, and asdfer to you as well.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-28-2001, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah almost forgot, CJ01, try using Internet Explorer, I have found that some web pages have less errors and work better when using IE. Personally I have both IE and Netscape, so if I have a problem viewing a page with one, I use the other and that always works.