PDA

View Full Version : Warning: fake identities in discussion forums

xvs
02-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Check it out. Apparently this practice is common:

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/evil/did-nvidia-hire-online-actors-to-promote-their-products-152874

.php

So if anyone comes here touting questionable products, even if they've posted 20 messages before

starting, doubt 'em!

Sigma
02-06-2006, 09:05 AM
http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15265&highlight=pherlure

this thread raises a bit of

suspicion. I haven't seen a couple of the participants on that thread post outside of it.

SyraBrian
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey, anybody else try the new

Gillete Fusion shaver? Best shave I ever had! ;)

Lorenzo_91
02-06-2006, 10:38 AM
:nono: Madness, that is an

eye opening article. I totally think it happened, it's to complex to be made up. Anyways let's put some make a

black list and nip this at the bud.:LOL:

Mtnjim
02-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Sony, Enron, nVida, the list goes

on---sigh!

DrSmellThis
02-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Is integrity a river in

Egypt?

I agree that thread looked suspicious. I think from time to time we do get people with a hidden agenda

marketing here.

gaf
02-06-2006, 02:38 PM
It must be true, I read it on the

internet....

Bruce
02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
There has been considerable

discussion about this amoungst the moderators. The article affirms what we have been

speculating.

Thanks,
B

platinumfox
02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
I was onto this in the

Pher-Manure thread I know who they are theres around 9 or 10 of them mostly in that Pher-Manure thread.In fact they

have started threads here mimicking our mone conversations.I notice when we suspect them they are sooo quick to say

"oh not us shame on you for suspecting us of promoting another product."One of them has posted in this thread

here.

Bruce
02-06-2006, 04:36 PM
It's kind of sad, because

eventually we have no choice but to ban discussion of the product altogether.

B

burgerama1960
02-06-2006, 05:10 PM
I kind of get this vibe

from another phero forum that I have read. But I cannot be for certain!

Gegogi
02-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey, aren't we all fakes--except

Bruce, he's for real. None of us use our real names out of a need for privacy. The sh!t would hit the fan if some

of our bosses, former lovers, etc., found out we used 'mones or discussed intimate details of our lovelife online.

I know that's not what this thread is about but it's still a deception albeit based on a different reason (sort of

a "white lie" deception).

Mtnjim
02-06-2006, 05:26 PM
On the other

hand,
<------------That's really me!!

Hey, aren't we all fakes--except Bruce, he's for real.

None of us use our real names out of a need for privacy. The sh!t would hit the fan if some of our bosses, former

lovers, etc., found out we used 'mones or discussed intimate details of out lovelife online. I know that's not

what this thread is about but it's still a deception albeit based on a different reason.

Gegogi
02-06-2006, 05:30 PM
And a handsome dude at that! I'm

not brave enough to reveal my smiling mug to the world, especially after confessing numerous terrible deeds here!

platinumfox
02-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey, aren't we

all fakes--except Bruce, he's for real. None of us use our real names out of a need for privacy. The sh!t would hit

the fan if some of our bosses, former lovers, etc., found out we used 'mones or discussed intimate details of our

lovelife online. I know that's not what this thread is about but it's still a deception albeit based on a

different reason (sort of a "white lie" deception).Just because we use aliases doesnt make you fake

everything we post is true isnt it?We have nothing to gain by lying about mones like these "plants" who have come

here promoting other products.

TylerOC
02-06-2006, 05:38 PM
On the other

hand,
<------------That's really me!!

likewise, but i do agree with gegogi, most of us dont want

other people knowing a lot of the things we do

gaf
02-06-2006, 05:51 PM
True Tyler,
But I like the fact

that a bunch of total strangers (here) are willing to give hints about mone usage, and a very quick to point out

that its the whole you, not just the "product" that will help you get the girl (or boy)
All the fake talking up

of a product will do is to piss of a newbie that will walk away and say "it's all snake oil, what a waste of time,

didn't work for me"
Thankfully a lot of the seasoned users have pointed out the pitfalls (of mones) in this

forum and don't subscribe to the "it's pheremones so you'll get laid" mentallity that some manufacturers would

like to put out there.
umm, yeah, thats all I've got to say, time to go to work!

Sigma
02-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I've noticed a few

posts like that coming from Pherlure on this forum... havent seen any like that recently though

Probably

because no one bought into it, and they got shot down rather quickly.

girlnextdoor
02-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Shilling....horrible thing,

but if I'm being honest I once had a job where I wrote fake customer reviews on wesites.

I hated it, and don't

trust reviews or testimonials anymore. I was a little skeptical about the testimonials here even, but so far it

appears there may actually be a few real people ;). Don't know about the rest though.

bjf
02-07-2006, 05:35 AM
tell us more about what type of

product you were writing about? or was it a case whre companies hired your company to write reviews for

them?

We won't judge you!

tim929
02-07-2006, 06:11 AM
I think the moderators have done

a pretty good job of keeping things under control here.I have seen other forums that degrade quite rapidly into an

unusable mess.The unfortunate fact of the internet is that there are so many fakes out there.

And as for

identity...I live in a small enough community that if anyone from home read some of my posts they would very quickly

put together who it is...

belgareth
02-07-2006, 06:24 AM
It wouldn't be difficult at

all for people to identify me either. Since I've introduced a number of my friends to pheromones and this site it

seems likely that one or more forum members are already associates of mine. Not a problem. As a matter of fact, it

may be a good thing as I rarely discuss my moral and ethical views within the business community.

jose
02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey, aren't we all

fakes--except Bruce, he's for real. None of us use our real names out of a need for privacy. The sh!t would hit the

fan if some of our bosses, former lovers, etc., found out we used 'mones or discussed intimate details of our

lovelife online.

My real name on the top left-hand corner, but really how many Joses live in

Orlando Florida? I highly doubt someone I know would recognize me on these forums.

Gegogi
02-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Jose, you are cute, especially

for a ladyboy!

jose
02-08-2006, 09:41 AM
<-----Jeez doesn't anybody recognize

actress Evangeline Lilly from the TV series "LOST"? lol

Rbt
02-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Well at least *I* look like my

current avatar....

( I made the mistake of asking a couple of my lady friends "what TV personality or Star

do I remind you of?" and it was a unanimous "Dr. Eggman"... Oh well. I had kinda hoped for at least a real

human...)

(Got hair on top of my head though and the 'stache is a bit smaller.)

<sigh>

Mtnjim
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
i was gonna put my

ugly mug up, but decided against it, considering even I don't like to look at myself, why torture everyone else :),

so instead i put up my brother's cat

Dude!

You need more confidence!!

Mtnjim
02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
bahh i was just

joking :lol:
i dont have any pics of me on my comp, i'll put one up when i get one :)

Me

Too!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

nemx2000
02-10-2006, 04:45 PM
well i am me...i think but

couldn't tell it from my glasses

jollysnowdevil
02-11-2006, 11:07 PM
the way i see it is this

is a real forum. many of us have considerable experience with many different products.. so if somebody wants to get

a fake alias and hype some bull product bruce doesnt sell here then let them. its only wasting they're time.

i wouldn't buy it from another site anyway.

Watcher
02-12-2006, 03:20 AM
well as we know there are

linguisitc comparision tools to pick up and as well as some common sense in picking up forum advertising and hype of

certain products that arent sold by LS - or in general competiting products out there in the market place that are

advertised over the net (the online internet gaming MMO community is one) as well as fashion products - medical

products luring in unsuspecting ppl to buying.

Oh a lot of us here are real - this forum has a indepth

history enough (what neraly 8 years in various forms) and most of its arcehieveable and searchable. A lot of

science posted some of us are real life users using pheromones before we discovered LS and have been posting every

since (no im not employed by bruce) but do have the highest regard for his business practices he sells quality

products and the forum has to be one of his best tools for moving the business forward (heck we even had imput into

his new website when that went up) some of us have tested various beta products or sold pheromone products here

(pheros anyone) as well as several others who have posted science articles and sell their products (JVKohl and SOE)

but that product works and he has something like 20 years sciencetific research to back it up

Has also

written a good science based book and regulary submits science articles on pheromones to well known sciecne

publications and also sexual - biological research community has high regard for his theroies.

Its a shame

but the admins pick up on the fake posters quick enough so that is good