PDA

View Full Version : Primal Instinct's Secret Ingredients?

Sigma
01-19-2006, 01:41 AM
I

finally recieved my bottle of PI today, just in time to do some weekend testing (thursday is the millenium as my

friend says). The bottle came with a sheet of application instructions, and there was a mention of PI containing

'secret ingredients'. It's been my understanding that PI is strictly none+carrier oil, but I guess not? Does

anyone know what the ratio of none to secret ingredients (if there are any) is? The pherolibrary product table

makes no mention of secret ingredients as it doesn with NPA, so I'm a bit confused by this.

Macvictorocsf
01-19-2006, 04:01 AM
iiiiiiiiiiiii

oscar
01-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Sigma,

As I recall, the "secret

ingredients" that PI claims are scent components.
The only one that I've personally been able to pick out is a

very light note of Camphor. I'm not even sure if this is supposed to count as a "secret scent ingredient" since

Camphor is sometimes used as a preservative in oil-based cosmetic products.

Unlike LaCroy's NPA, I'm fairly

certain that the PI folks have never claimed that their secret ingredients are pheromones.

I would be interested

to know if other guys have picked up on any other scents in there.

Oscar :)

Sigma
01-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Sigma,

As I

recall, the "secret ingredients" that PI claims are scent components.
The only one that I've personally been

able to pick out is a very light note of Camphor. I'm not even sure if this is supposed to count as a "secret scent

ingredient" since Camphor is sometimes used as a preservative in oil-based cosmetic products.

Unlike

LaCroy's NPA, I'm fairly certain that the PI folks have never claimed that their secret ingredients are

pheromones.

I would be interested to know if other guys have picked up on any other scents in there.

Oscar :)

I sniffed at both the NPA bottle and the PI bottle to see what the difference was,

however my nose isn't quite as attuned to detected different fragrances as others might be. NPA does have a hint

of the alcohol base smell, and the none smell of PI is much more prevalent. If I had to describe the difference in

smell, I'd say that PI smells "heavier"

Visionary7903
01-20-2006, 01:22 AM
If PI/m did really have

secret 'pheromone' ingredients I think it would have been advertised more and more talked about on the forum.

Anyway I am interested as to why None-only products like PI/m and Rogue Male seem to have the same phero makeup

but give different results-Rogue is meant to give less sexual hits that PI/m? I understand they may have different

concentrations of mones but even so if you put on the same amount of mones for each why would they work differently

- could the fixatives used make such a difference?

Visionary

gamecity
01-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Anyway

I am interested as to why None-only products like PI/m and Rogue Male seem to have the same phero makeup but give

different results-Rogue is meant to give less sexual hits that PI/m? I understand they may have different

concentrations of mones but even so if you put on the same amount of mones for each why would they work differently

- could the fixatives used make such a difference?

Visionary

I'm intrigued as well. I always

wondered why NPA works well for me but not PI. I'm thinking of buying a $400 microscope in ebay just for my

pheromone research lol.

CptKipling
01-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I think I recall PI having a

"special" mineral oil base.