PDA

View Full Version : non phero ~ regular cologne

Pongo
01-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Does anyone

know the top 5 or 10 colognes based on the opinion of women? I did a google search and the results dont match up

very well from study to study,... I use Halston z-14 - it showed up in the top 5 quite a bit but then so did old

spice lol :type:

Pongo out

Sigma
01-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Personal I don't go for the most

popular colognes. I like to have a fragrance that no other guys wear....that way when women smell your fragrance,

it'll be distinctly your own. Thats my approach to it at least.

Pongo
01-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Thats a strange note about z-14

not many guys wear it, but it's a favorite among women ~ older women that is, same thing with old spice - young

chicks like coolwater and drakar from what I have read. The studies dont match up well enough for me I guess.

EDIT: If you want to throw the hoties wear some aramis - they love it and ask what it is (I never tell what I have

on even if they beg)

chipz
01-19-2006, 02:15 AM
Aqua Di Gio is pretty damn

popular...every chick i know loves it...but its too common now ..

Macvictorocsf
01-19-2006, 04:07 AM
iiiiiiiiiii

Mtnjim
01-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Thats a strange note

about z-14 not many guys wear it, but it's a favorite among women ~ older women that is, same thing with old spice

- young chicks like coolwater and drakar from what I have read. ...

Old Spice and z-14 were around when

the older women were "young hotties"; brings back memories of the back seat of the '72 Vega.

belgareth
01-19-2006, 10:59 AM
the back seat of

the '72 Vega.

Only if you were a contortionist!

TylerOC
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
acqua di gio is way too popular,

i agree with sigma that i want a scent thats all my own.

any advice for a scent that not many people wear but is

a GREAT younger guy smell? im 19 and the colognes i have are very sexy for him 2 by victoria secret, abercrombie

fierce, some amouage samples, realm, and pherlure as a cologne because i like the smell of it.

InternationalPlayboy
01-19-2006, 01:44 PM
My favorites right

now are Chrono byTorio Lamborgini and Thallium by Cyrus. I bought them at a small perfume shop at Horton Plaza in

San Diego. Not finding much about them on the Web, I think they're a couple that won't be worn by every other

"joe" out there. I also have Platinum by Torio Lamborgini but don't like it as much.

I'm not good at

describing the scents, but my favorite, Chorno has sort of a jasmine smell to me after dry down. Thallium starts out

sweet smelling, almost like cotton candy or something, but that quickly goes away and then I smell something

familair that I can't quite place, but makes me think of sex. I almost like it as much as Chrono.

As for the

women liking it, I have received good comments about Chrono (over A1, A314, unscented Chikara, and a couple of dabs

of TE), but nothing positive or negative yet about the other two.

Due to the unavailability of information

about them, I wondered about their "cheapness factor." They come in gimmicky packaging, which also made me suspect.

But after trying a bit, I immediately bought them. The Chrono last spring and the Thallium last fall. The Platinum

was thrown in as a body spray during my first purchase and after using it, I got that cologne too on my second

visit. They seem no more cheaper to me than the medium to high end department store types, Ralph Lauren, Armani,

etc., and better grade than the drugstore brands.

The place I got them at is a trip. The first time I

visited, I was only looking for miniatures of popular brands. The second time, I was looking for Guerlain's

Vetivert, which I had just tried at Sephora but thought I could get cheaper there (I did so). The guy behind the

counter was a Middle Eastern or Arab type, who kept wanting to make "deals." Both times, though my original

intention was a single purchase or two, I ended up spending over $200 on deals. :) (Good thing I don't live

closer.)

Now I'm hoping everyone ignores my endorsement of these fragrances so I'm still one of the few

wearing them. :D

As for more mainstream colognes (Chrono is actually a perfume and thus, stronger), I like

Victoria Secrets Very Sexy for Him 2 and Ralph Lauren Silver Romance. VS2 to me, smells similar to the cologne that

comes with the spray version of Perception. Cedar notes are what come to mind to me with RLSR. I also like Bulgari

por Homme, which has a "clean" almost soapy scent to me.

TylerOC
01-19-2006, 02:09 PM
a thought just came into my head

when you mentioned that perfume is stronger then colognes. one of my ex girlfriends has a perfume that reminds me of

when you guys talk about phero clouds. her perfume just fills up the room or car wherever we are, and i can always

smell it anywhere on her and i love it. do colognes do this? or just perfumes? and if so which cologne can i get

does this because this is one of my favorite things about her perfume

Mtnjim
01-19-2006, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=TylerOC]...her perfume just

fills up the room or car wherever we are, and i can always smell it anywhere on her and i love it. do colognes do

this? or just perfumes? and if so which cologne can i get does this because this is one of my favorite things about

her perfume/QUOTE]

And one thing women hate about guys.."stink bombs".

chipz
01-19-2006, 05:37 PM
quick

point: Victoria Secret's 'Very Sexy' for men cologne beat Armani's Aqua Di Gio in ratings when it came

out.

no.1 or 2? I've got no.2 and i love it..altho the smell doesn't last as long as aqua di :(

TylerOC
01-19-2006, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=TylerOC]...her perfume just fills up the room or car wherever we are, and i can always smell

it anywhere on her and i love it. do colognes do this? or just perfumes? and if so which cologne can i get does this

because this is one of my favorite things about her perfume/QUOTE]

And one thing women hate about guys.."stink

bombs".

im not talking about an overwhelming giant cloud of stink though. her perfume isnt overpowering,

its just a soft scent that lingers so that you always catch a whiff of it.

Mtnjim
01-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh!, Makes more sense.

InternationalPlayboy
01-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Oh!,

Makes more sense.

Yeah. At first, I had pictured the vapor trail that my sister used to leave when

dating in high school and using some sort of aerosol perfume. Five to ten minutes after she'd leave, you could

still follow her path through the house and out the door! Way too much for my tastes.

Pongo
01-22-2006, 02:52 AM
I just got back from the store

with some new cover scents,. I tried everything from AXE and from TAG, by far my favorite was TAG "midnight" not too

sure it will cover mones well ~ its a clean smell and not too strong ` easy on the nose for sure, it came with a 1oz

sampler of TAG "after hours" WAY to sweet for me, it smells like orange juice. Then I picked up stetson, that will

do a nice job covering mones - I cant see many younger women liking it though.

Rbt
01-27-2006, 08:38 PM
As far as I can recall, in my 50+

years, I've NEVER had a woman comment about any cologne or scent I wore. Except on those occasions where they

encountered me right after I had applied it and the scent was still a bit overwhelming as the carrier evaporated,

and in those cases they only commented about the intensity.

Over the past few months I've been asking many

women friends I know and some relatives if they ever found themselves "influenced" by a cologne scent. Every one of

them (about 6 so far) has said it makes *no* difference, UNLESS they hate the fragrance. One woman hates orange,

another gardinia, for example. Their reaction in those cases they say would be to do their best to *avoid* the

person wearing it. So be warned guys. You could be sabotaging your pheromone efforts if you go overboard or just

happen to hit a scent someone doesn't like.

This is probably based on their conscious thoughts, and may not

reflect what goes on in their unconscious minds.

I also acknowledge that the sample size at the moment is small.

Ages range from about 30 y/o to about 60 y/o. Maybe it's different in the 15-25 y/o crowd.

IMO I've decided to

just wear what feels "right" for me, if I wear anything at all. I have been aiming for pheromone products that have

a favorable (to me) built-in cover scent (I actually kinda like Chikara. Sorry gegogi). Otherwise I've been

experimenting with a variety of fragrances. Currently find I like DST's Pheros for example, and it is a "rare and

unique" one indeed. Gonna see if Bruce will sell it in a 6-pack...

Gegogi
01-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Oddly, I regularly get

compliments from younger women about my colonge, especially Burberry Weekend and Issey Miyake Summer (2005). It's

rare to hear boo from older women. Maybe they don't care anymore, good colognes are the norm and expected or they

can't smell.

Mtnjim
01-30-2006, 11:18 AM
"It's rare to hear boo from older

women. Maybe they don't care anymore, good colognes are the norm and expected or they can't smell."

I don't

know. My GF rarely comments, but her 90 yo mother is constantly telling me how good I smell. Mom loves me, and is

constantly asking when my GF and I are going to get married.:kiss: