PDA

View Full Version : If anybody cares...

belgareth
01-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Tonight, during

the Stars Hockey game the Army will be swearing in a bunch of new recruits. My middle daughter will be one of them

tim929
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Congratulations bel! I am sure

you are extremely proud of her and I would hope that everyone else is too:box: <---there isnt a flag waving smiley

so this will have to do.Tell her she needs to check out Airborne School when she gets her M.O.S. :thumbsup:

belgareth
01-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Actually, she's looking at OCS

after she finishes her AIT. All she needs is about a dozen more semester units to qualify and she'll get eight of

them from her training. And yes, I am proud of her.

tim929
01-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Right on! Life in officers

country is alot more plush than being a grunt.And you get to be called "butter bars" behind your back:lol: That

doesnt mean she cant go for her jump wings though.Besides...she might like being shoved out of an airplane by

someone who has no sympathy at all for people who are afraid of hights.

If I had kids,I would be the proudest

man in the world if one or more joined the Army.As it is...Im not allowed to produce offspring.Dangerous animals are

resticted where I live:rofl:

belgareth
01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Well, its pretty much in her

field now. I can't tell her what to do, only offer advice. She even takes it at times, always rather a shock.:POKE:

Despite being proud, I'm happy that her MOS will keep her far away from combat duty for now. I don't agree

with the war in Iraq and would prefer she not fight in it. With some luck, by time she finishes her training it will

be winding down over there. She'll be in training almost a year so plenty can happen between now and then.

I

thank you for the kind words.