PDA

View Full Version : She's already got me, so flirting is out of the question.

catlord17
01-15-2006, 04:16 PM
I like to flirt. I admit it. If flirting is a crime, I'm guilty. And furthermore, I

like being guilty, and I want to be guilty some more! Why? Because flirting is FUN! It's social play! It's

harmless entertainment!

Unfortunately, my dear girlfriend has other ideas. According to her, she already has

me, so there's no reason to flirt with me. Furthermore, I'm not allowed to flirt with anyone

else!

Nevermind that flirting is fun. Nevermind that it would make me feel more appreciated if she flirted

with me. Nevermind that she would enjoy flirting with me, if she'd just do it. She's got me already, case

closed.

Next up: House bill 3382-75, to ban all forms of flirting forever.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying

flirting more and more (because I get it from her less and less), and I have turned to flirting with other women.

They know I'm taken, and they know I'm not serious, so what's the problem? But hey, have red hair, will not

listen.

There's a difference between flirting for the fun of it, and flirting because you want to bed

someone. A big difference, ladies and gentlemen. So for you insecure boneheads on both sides of the battle of the

sexes... GET OVER IT!

Just thought I'd vent.

belgareth
01-15-2006, 05:40 PM
If she is trying to ban

flirting its because she's inseciure and that isn't your problem to deal with because there's nothing you can do

about it. Don't ever allow anybody to change you that way. If she can't adjust to who you are, within reason, then

that's her problem. What does she xpect you to do? There is such a thing as comprimise and that's what a

relationship is all about.

catlord17
01-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I think a more mismatched pair

than she and I never existed, honestly. We definitely love one another deeply, but we think in such drastically

different ways... she's almost purely emotional in her thinking, and I favor logic. This makes communication

difficult at best, and it's been a constant struggle for me to make sure she understands what's going on in my

head. If I didn't love her so much, I would have left long ago to find someone easier to deal with.

She's

always been afraid that she wasn't good enough for me, and that I only wanted her because she has red hair, and I

think these are the things that are driving her insecurity. I don't know what else I can possibly do to

demonstrate the error of her thinking, but what can I say? She's stubborn.

In the last year I have decided

to be myself and make myself happy, within the limits of what our relationship would allow of course. I think that

our relationship is crumbling. I can't do everything it takes to keep it going anymore, and really I shouldn't

have to do it alone anyway. But no matter what I do, I cannot get her to understand that, or face the fears that

are causing these problems.

Whoever said "love is all you need" was obviously on some sort of drug at the

time. We've got the love. It's seen us through hell and high water. What we need is communication and growth.

And I can't grow for her, and I can't deny myself growth to please her, either.

belgareth
01-15-2006, 07:41 PM
You aren't responsible for her

happiness, only for sharing what you can offer and for honesty with her. She's the only one who can give herself

happiness or security. You have no obligation to her other than that. If she is preventing you growing she isn't

healthy for you.

I'm not advising you what to do. You are there and I'm not. All I can offer you is the

belief that you have to live your life. If there is something you can share, share it. If not you are harming each

other.

catlord17
01-15-2006, 07:54 PM
That is the conclusion I have

arrived at. I don't like where that line of reasoning leads me, but I deserve to be happy.

That's why I'm

flirting. :)

tim929
01-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Strangely,women often complain

about men not working to "keep" them.You know...buying them flowers,leaving love notes for them,writing poetry for

them,taking them to the ballet,buying them a ferrari and a diamond tennis bracelet...you know...the little things

that they did when they were dating.And alot of the reson guys stop doing those things is because they have already

"won" the prize! The work is done! I can sit on my ass and enjoy life!

Hearing that a woman actualy does this

threatens all that I have come to believe.My world is threatend and Im going to have to seriously reconsider my

whole belief system:blink:

DrSmellThis
01-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Love should change after the

intial mating rituals, but not stop. Love should grow in its own way. If someone doesn't want to grow in their

love, then maybe they need out, and just can't think it. I for one need a great relationship where both parties

have wonderful dreams and goals for their love. There's not enough time in one lifetime to experience all that love

has to offer, and its not clear what could be more valuable.

a.k.a.
01-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I like to flirt and I like to tease.

But I only flirt with women I don't know, and I only tease women that I do know.
I never flirt with one woman

while I'm with another. Even if the woman I'm with is not my girlfriend.
But if I'm with several women that

I know, I tease them all. Even if my girlfriend is one of them.

I thought these were the rules.