PDA

View Full Version : The H-BOMB of Pheromone Mixes - Andron + NPA

Whitehall
01-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Here\'s a very heavy duty mix - half Andron, half NPA.

Andron is a discontinued scent by Jovan that was an early pheromone product. They really goosed this one up and over - very heavy on civet, castoreum, whale puke (ambergris) and real musk with a heavy sweet top and middle notes plus \'nol. This stuff is really ANIMAL! Not subtle at all. Just add gold chains and a white polyester leisure suit....

Add equal parts of NPA for the \'none and you\'ve got the H-BOMB of pheromone mixes.

I had an old bottle of Andron, half full, when my NPA arrived. Mixed in a little bottle with one of those wand thingies in the cap - you don\'t want to spray this stuff. Went out on the town to a blues club with a little dance floor on New Years Eve - had the women swarming around me, bumping me on the dance floor, etc, etc, etc.... All without the gold chains and the white suit!

Two problems - how stable is the \'nol? And, where does one find NOS Andron (NOS - new old stock.) What used to cost $10 a bottle at discount drug stores now goes for $40+ on eBay.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Jovan has made Andron and Jovan Musk2 with androstenol. Both are discontinued as colognes. Beautybuys.com still has Jovan Musk2 aftershave for cheap. Anyone have an idea of how much androstenol are in these products? They are awefully cheap compared (like $10 for 2 oz) to other androstenol products.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-02-2002, 11:30 PM
Here\'s a link:
http://www.beautybuys.com/master.cfm?pg=datalist-details&ProductSKU=923026 (\"http://www.beautybuys.com/master.cfm?pg=datalist-details&ProductSKU=923026\")

Whitehall
01-03-2002, 12:20 PM
We seem to have some fairly sophisticated chemists as Forum members - maybe we could get one of them to run a gas chromatograph or whatever to find out just how much \'nol is in Jovan Musk 2.

I\'d order the stuff and have it drop-shipped to anyone who volunteered.

Whitehall
01-07-2002, 11:19 PM
Just got my Jovan Musk2 as an aftershave splash - it was cheap but a decent scent even if nowhere as complex as, say, Dolce & Gabanna- can\'t really judge the \'nol content but it\'s no ways as potent as Andron, TE or NPA. The cologne would have been stronger I bet but was nowhere to be found.

I poured some Musk2 into the empty empty NPA bottle and then into the almost empty TE bottle I had. that should goose it a bit.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2002, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I wonder how much -nol is in Jovan Musk2, since it\'s so cheap. Then again, the raw chemical -nol is suppose to be cheap. So, how do you know it\'s not as strong as Andron? I thought -nol doesn\'t have a strong odor (?).

Whitehall
01-08-2002, 08:33 AM
Maybe it\'s my conditioned response to Andron, since I used it extensively years ago and in very romantic circumstances (I was in \"Love\"), but Musk2 doesn\'t have the same kick to my nose as Andron. \'Nol does have a scent of it\'s own. Andron is a heavy duty fragrance - very animal and distinctive while Musk2 is a relative lightweight. I\'d avoid Andron in the workplace but Musk2 would be OK I think.

I haven\'t field tested it yet but my hunch is that it\'s highest calling is a base for NPA or TE. I\'ll give it some play and will give you a report of my experiences.

Whitehall
01-23-2002, 09:42 AM
I made a mix of Musk2 and NPA, maybe 5:1 or less. Musk2 has a pleasant smell but it\'s \"thin\" - missing some complexity that we\'ve come to expect in colognes. Maybe its a single chemical version of musk + some \'nol.

With a touch of NPA, still haven\'t noticed any positive pheromone responses but I like it as do some female friends. Now that I\'ve some more NPA to work with, maybe I\'ll pump up the NPA content and maybe blend with another cologne.

Frankly, Musk2 is cheap for a reason.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Also folks a little secret that i will put in every post so that people get the idea is adding vanilla essence to your mixes you only need a couple of drops but for mixes it cant be beat, it sort of likes blends the scents so that it makes it even more effective. Just another secret, something else that works is the smell of clothes freshly washed ie fabric softener etc.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Well, Jovan Musk2 has some vanilla in it.