PDA

View Full Version : Forum Technical Problems

Bruce
12-31-2001, 02:21 PM
Hi All,
Just when you think \"Gee, everthing seems to be going well with the UBB forum system, maybe we don\'t have to change it after all...\", then of course something immediately goes wrong. Judging from the fact that nobody posted anything for a while I assume nobody could get on. I got an error message last night which I thought was a temporary problem with the server, but after fiddling with it for a while now, I finally got it up and running.

Anyone notice anything unusual about the forum now, or is it back to normal?

Sorry \'bout that.

Happy New Year!
Bruce

Whitehall
12-31-2001, 02:35 PM
When I was finally able to get back on, I had to re-enter my name and password for logon. But once entered, things seem back to normal.

travis
12-31-2001, 02:43 PM
Good that the forum is up and running again. I thought I was band in the forum. I thought if emailing Bruce scream at him.

travis

Bruce
12-31-2001, 03:20 PM
You have to do something pretty nasty to get banned. I think it has happened twice since this new board went up.
Happy New Year,
Bruce

CJ01
01-01-2002, 08:44 AM
Yeah Travis -a ban is the first thing that one thinks of when this happens. This time round I was not as paranoid though.

Bruce I didn´t realize that anyone had been banned, at least not on this board?

Plus I noticed that before I re-logged, almost everything in the forum was visible - older posts etc. but now that I´ve logged in again those posts are gone again. - images/icons/crazy.gif

CJ

oscar
01-01-2002, 10:39 AM
CJ,

Happy New Year!
There\'a a \"default topic view\" option in the preferences section of your profile. You can choose to view topics from the last 2, 5, 10, 20, 30 days and so on, up to \"show all topics\". I\'m guessing that you have yours set low, while an un-logged visitor \"sees all\". images/icons/wink.gif I keep mine at 45 days.

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

oscar
01-01-2002, 12:20 PM
Bruce,

I just noticed that the search option will only take you back to Dec 31st as though that were the beginning of time! images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/crazy.gif

oscar
01-01-2002, 12:51 PM
Bruce,

...Also, the only way to access anything on the \"Phero Talk\" board, (the old testament of pheromones), is to go in through the forum home page and \"previous\" your way back, one by one from the last post. The topic pages are wiped clean, and the search option isn\'t working! images/icons/shocked.gif

Oscar images/icons/frown.gif

Bruce
01-01-2002, 04:44 PM
Hi Oscar,

I am not sure what originally went wrong, but the only place I could get in online was via the admin control panel, and once I was logged in, it acted like the board was being set up for the very first time. I entered all the basic pathways etc, clicked \"go\", and it seemed to work, but as you mentioned in some ways the script thinks the board was born on December 31. Gotta get a new board one of these days.

Bruce

Bruce
01-03-2002, 03:01 PM
It works, but only gets results posted since December 31. Try something very common like \"phero\".
Bruce

Bruce
01-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Oscar,
I was messing with the Phero Talk board when it dawned on me images/icons/laugh.gif There haven\'t been any posts since the end of September, so you have to adjust the \"show posts for the last X days\" at the top of the page. Set that at 100 days or past year and you will see posts.
Wheew! Something around here that actually works. images/icons/crazy.gif
Bruce

CJ01
01-03-2002, 11:43 PM
just tried the search option but got NO result at all. images/icons/crazy.gif
CJ