PDA

View Full Version : Firefox browser no longer works here!

catlord17
12-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I usually use Firefox browser. I had 1.0.7 installed, and then started noticing I could no longer post with it.

The cursor would never show up in the text box, and sometimes the text box would nit un-gray for me to post, either.

I upgraded to Firefox 1.5, and same deal. This is all within the last few days. IE, which I really, really try to

avoid, works. What gives?

belgareth
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
The problem is the browser.

Firefox made a lot of changes to fix security holes and upgrade operability. It's possible that there is some tweak

that will fix the problem but I don't know what it is. Have you contacted Firefox about it? Almost all web site

software optimizes for IE so you will find bugs with other browsers. Most get worked out over time but that's the

price of using another (better or preferred) browser.

CptKipling
12-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Is there some work being done

on the forum? Could be the cause.

belgareth
12-14-2005, 04:04 PM
The work being done on the

forum is probably not being done live time. Generally you modify something and test it before uploading the files to

the web server.

Bruce
12-14-2005, 04:34 PM
The forum was upgraded to a new

version when we changed servers last June; nothing much done since then.

B

thenoser
12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
i use firefox version 1.5 and

have had no problems. is it just this website you are having problems with?

catlord17
12-14-2005, 07:48 PM
It is indeed, just this

website I am having problems with. How could this be the case that you're using the same browser and I'm having

problems but not you? I hate IE! With a passion!

Gegogi
12-16-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm using Firefox 1.5 on a Mac

(OS 10.39) and everthing is jim-dandy on this site. Also, Safari and Netscape work well too. I haven't tried IE for

a long time.

thenoser
12-16-2005, 09:35 AM
you may have already tried

this, but the only thing i can think of in my limited tech knowledge would be to clear out all cookies for the site

and clear out the cache.

edit:
i just noticed that the cursor does not show up in the message window, but if i

select it and start typing it works fine.

catlord17
12-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, now it's working. I

don't know if it's because I cleared the cookies or rebooted or what... I have Firefox set to clear cookies every

time I close the browser, but I tend to hibernate instead of rebooting to save time since I go back and forth

between Linux and Windows to burn duplicating masters when I create new CDs.

Thanks for all the help!

DrSmellThis
01-01-2006, 08:30 AM
you may have

already tried this, but the only thing i can think of in my limited tech knowledge would be to clear out all cookies

for the site and clear out the cache.

edit:
i just noticed that the cursor does not show up in the message

window, but if i select it and start typing it works fine.This is the same issue I'm having, precisely;

using the Firefox browser. I just tried installling various plug-ins, including java, but that made no difference.

thenoser
01-01-2006, 09:09 AM
check to see that java and

javascript are enabled. go to tools/options/content tab/ and select the java option boxes then reload the page.

there is an extension i use called 'noscript' for extra security. for every new web site you visit, it

automatically blocks javascript. you need to manually allow the website to run it. it's kinda like the cookie

blocker - you can select to either allow the site for the session or always allow.

DrSmellThis
01-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Thanks. That was actually the

first thing I thought of. It's actually no big deal at all, since you can type, but just can't see the cursor. I

guess it's just something to be aware of.