PDA

View Full Version : I am - Enhanced... but I still need some advice here...

jambat
11-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I have a job interview tomorrow and I know the manager is a female. I've found JB#2 works

pretty well with HR types. I'm using an ehanced version of JB#2 (60% SPMO and 40% NPA) but the problem is it's in

a roll on bottle :frustrate As you all know I totally despise roll on bottles except for pheroless oils. I really

don't seem to get hits when I roll pheros on. But when I spray them it's good stuff.

How do you guys work

with the rolls? How do you know when enough is enough? Or when you haven't put on enough. I'm also wondering

should I add some SOE gel or no. I know it's wrist and neck right but what your thoughts on this. I really have to

buy some TE soon. The bottle alone is worth it.

-The Bat

Gegogi
11-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Most perfume stores sell much

better pocket atomizers than the TE bottle. Also LS sells decent atomizers.

jambat
11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Not a fan of the LS atomizers.

They've always spilled or come apart in my pocket or something. The TE bottle never did that. But I don't really

have a atomizer right now anyway. How do I work with this roll on thingy?

-The Bat

Gegogi
11-30-2005, 09:22 PM
I have 3 LS atomizers, 2 gold and

one sliver. I've carried them for a couple years in my pocket without any leaks. However the Perception atomizer

leaks terribly. They're useless.

jambat
11-30-2005, 09:25 PM
I had one silver and one black. I

always thought the black was sharp. Plus you could spray your pheros on in front of people and they'd just think it

was colonge, but in actually you were ready to mack.

-The Bat

DCW
12-01-2005, 07:19 AM
I have some old Amouage sample

atomizers, they're really thin but effective.
I just pry the top off and apply my mix and bingo.

DCW

jambat
12-01-2005, 07:02 PM
For me the roll ons are very

inaffective. I used it but was totally lost. I got about three hits all day in the terms of friendliness (a lady

from Boston started chatting with me immediately at a bus stop) but nothing special.

The people at the store

I applied to one woman was all smiles but no effects on anyone else. A spray of JB#1 would've been a big help here.

(The hit in the copy shop made me know JB#1 was the one for me). Later I added a little Chikara gel to the mix which

didn't help. I hate to do it but I'm going to have to break down and buy some TE. I'll just use the bottle once

it's all used up.

It's not all bad. TE is effective. I usually use it on my coat and something else once

I'm inside a place though. I do find JB#1 does seem to work in the roll on bottles but nothing else seems too.

Either I'm over or underdosing. Anyone know how to do this well?

-The Bat

Rbt
12-04-2005, 02:06 PM
I admit I've never been a fan of

the roll-ons of any type, including deoderants/antiperpirants. I like SOE but I do find it hard to figure a "dosage"

as sometimes the balls seem to stick and you get no product, or IMO the "dosage" can vary depending on if the bottle

is facing up or down.

I don't think anyone has translated "sprays," "dabs," "drops," or whatever to a linear

measure (and it could depend on roller size too). I suppose someone who is feeling scientific could measure a

certain amount of water or the like into a "common" spray bottle (say an L-S atomizer) and a like amount of the same

liquid into an old SOE roller and/or one of the smaller roll-tops sold here and see how many sprays vs how many

inches/cm each on is good for. Could maybe at least get some sort of comparison proportion after dividing the

results down.

Anybody need a weekend project? You'll be famous! At least here! (Or at least people will talk

about you for a long time...)

Premizen
12-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Is it really possible, that the

roll-on atomizer decreases the effect of the mones? I mean, truly, no matter how much DD#1 I rolled on myself,

nothing changed, whereas I always got quite major hits with, for example, Chikara and TE, which I

sprayed.

Lol, damn - I really hate the roll-ons, too.
Going to buy some new atomizers tomorrow.

CptKipling
12-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't think

anyone has translated "sprays," "dabs," "drops," or whatever to a linear measure (and it could depend on roller size

too). I suppose someone who is feeling scientific could measure a certain amount of water or the like into a

"common" spray bottle (say an L-S atomizer) and a like amount of the same liquid into an old SOE roller and/or one

of the smaller roll-tops sold here and see how many sprays vs how many inches/cm each on is good for. Could maybe at

least get some sort of comparison proportion after dividing the results down.

Anybody need a weekend project?

You'll be famous! At least here! (Or at least people will talk about you for a long time...)

It's been

done :)

At least for SOE, the per inch volume is 0.036 ml

Rbt
12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
It's been done

:)

At least for SOE, the per inch volume is 0.036 ml

So the next step in a translation table is how

large a "drop" or "dab" of SOE contains, which would depend on your dropper in the first case (made easier if you

had a graduated dropper like are sold at drugstores). I would suspect a "dab" might remain a more uniform amount as

it would relate to the size opening of the container, but we'd still probably need to figure a "quantity per dab."

Again, measuring x amount into a container and counting how many dabs we get.

Also: I need a consensus. What is

a good "proper" name for the "dropper inserts" in a bottle (eg in PI, NPA, etc.). If we ever talk about "drops" of

something (or even "dabs") it might be good to specify if it's when using the stock insert, or if you have pulled

the insert and are using an aftermarket dropper (or how large the opening is when doing "dabs.").

Premizen
12-07-2005, 12:01 PM
So, how many inches of SOE

would equal half a pack (or, a pack) of SOE gel?
I know it should be quite simple maths, but I do not want to be

wrong.

EDIT: I calculated that half pack of SOE gel would be equal to ~2,4 inches of SOE Unscented. Quite hard to

believe, I would have thought it is a lot more. My maths is really (!!) bad, though.
Half a gel pack is

really successful for me (but I only have two gel packs, lol, the free "test ones"), but I cannot find an optimal

quantity I should apply the liquid SOE Unscented - I have not had any success with that one, yet :sick:

Watcher
12-08-2005, 04:53 AM
hmmmm have u tried perception

jambat

jambat
12-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Not yet. I plan to order some

Perception Gel in the future. I have a list of close to $200 worth of phero products I want so I may buy the $9 gel

box soon and see if it's worth the time and money. The other stuff will have to wait. Plus I've got some NPA here

already so it will be awhile before I order anything too heavy.

-The Bat

CptKipling
12-11-2005, 07:11 AM
So, how many

inches of SOE would equal half a pack (or, a pack) of SOE gel?
I know it should be quite simple maths, but I do not

want to be wrong.

EDIT: I calculated that half pack of SOE gel would be equal to ~2,4 inches of SOE Unscented.

Quite hard to believe, I would have thought it is a lot more. My maths is really (!!) bad, though.
Half a

gel pack is really successful for me (but I only have two gel packs, lol, the free "test ones"), but I cannot find

an optimal quantity I should apply the liquid SOE Unscented - I have not had any success with that one, yet

:sick:

I actually make it to be about 3.5, but I didn't work it out accurately.

Rbt
12-16-2005, 08:59 AM
If those figures of 2.4" to 3.5" are

correct that means those application notes where users apply about 12" of SOE would equal around 1 1/2 to 2 gel

packs! What am I missing here. Seems like an awful lot of gel packs. Does not compute Will Robinson.

Watcher
12-16-2005, 12:33 PM
so jambat how did the interview

for the job go - did u get it - or get a favourbale hearing etc

CptKipling
12-16-2005, 05:28 PM
If those figures of

2.4" to 3.5" are correct that means those application notes where users apply about 12" of SOE would equal around 1

1/2 to 2 gel packs! What am I missing here. Seems like an awful lot of gel packs. Does not compute Will

Robinson.

That would be 3.5" of perfect rollon action, but people normally swipe and so don't

apply as much.

Also, it's much easier to spread out lots of tiny blobs of gel all over your body, but say you

wanted 2" on each side of your neck for good coverage and then 2" on each wrist - that doesn't seem like that much

when you're applying.

Gegogi
12-16-2005, 06:09 PM
That would be 3.5" of

perfect rollon action, but people normally swipe and so don't apply as much.
I've gone through about a

half dozen SOE bottles and found the rollers are not very consistent. Some barely release anything while others soak

you. I have a fav one--juicy but not too juicy--I transfer from bottle to bottle as I use them up.

Unfortunately the rollers that release lots of liquid also leak badly during shipment. It would be nice if

the bottles were sealed airtight for shipment and the roller was user installed.

itwow
12-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately the

rollers that release lots of liquid also leak badly during shipment. It would be nice if the bottles were sealed

airtight for shipment and the roller was user installed.
When I received my SoE, it leaked & soaked all

over the bottle, even the prints of the SoE sticker is gone (no more words). User installed roller is a good idea,

just replaced the roller with a seal cap & throw in the roller cap somewhere else in the package. The laminated SoE

bottle doesn't help with leaks at all. I transferred SoE into another bottle & used dabs instead.

Rbt
12-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Well, we've seen aftermarket spray

atomizers that are built for heavy, long term, dependable use. Wonder if anyone markets a roll-on that way instead

of a disposable...

_