PDA

View Full Version : To anyone that has an opinion....

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2001, 02:19 PM
Totally off topic here but, just out of curiousity, what are womens general take on tattoos? I was considering getting a tribal on my one of my arms (upper arm). I am also going to be an officer in the military when I get out of college--so would it be a good decision? I have been considering getting a tattoo for quite a while--but before I do Id like to hear some opinions-- women prefably--but guys if you have any advice, feel free. Thanks. images/icons/smile.gif

Whitehall
12-22-2001, 08:28 PM
I know men and women of all ages who specifically and directly REGRET ever getting a tattoo. I know no one over 30 who is glad they had gotten tattooed - except as noted below.

So if you\'re 20 now, and you plan on living to 70, you MAY enjoy your tattoo for 10 years and REGRET it for 40 years, a five to one ratio against a tattoo.

If you must get one, wait until you have a military unit that you truly belong to - the bond between fighting men who have endured the Hell of war together is the only one I know that is as indelible as a tattoo. Frankly that is the only worthy reason and the only kind of tattoo that might command respect in any stratum of society. And that\'s iffy.

\"Err in haste and repent at leisure\"

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2001, 10:07 PM
im a guy but here\'s something about getting a tattoo. i was planning to get a tattoo but i asked people\'s opinion first. they all gave common reasons like you might not like it anymore when you get older, or someone you like may not like you back when she finds out you got a tattoo... and all crap like that. but there\'s one reason that changed my mind and glad that i\'ve asked first. my uncle said that tattoos are good but you have to know that once you\'re tattooed, you cannot donate blood anymore. what if in the future one of your loved ones got into an emergency and needed blood transfusion right away, and your blood happens to be type of blood he/she needed but since you can\'t donate blood, he/she passed away.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2001, 01:14 PM
I don\'t mind guys with a single tatto and tribal looks pretty cool. Lots of tattoos are a turn-off for me.

Laney

**DONOTDELETE**
12-24-2001, 10:18 AM
Tattoos, Tattoos, Tattoos;

I was in the military ran around with a beret and BDU\'s (Camo Uniform) all over the world for 10 years. But I waited until I left the service prior to getting a bit of ink for the first time. But Whitehall is right about maybe really regretting getting inked. But my first one is a dolphin around yin/yang motif with water splashes around it. Then I designed a Celtic band that wraps around same arm with the dolphin motif. This is a large band approx. 3\" wide. Then last year I decided I needed to balance myself out and placed a Libra sign on right arm, and still working on the design for the rest of it. But really think about the ink you are getting. Even with laser removals there is still a bit of ink in the skin and that hurts like hell. So to each their own, but remember ink is like Herpes, it is forever.

TCO