PDA

View Full Version : Oil price fixing?

tim929
11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I have a nasty habbit

of listening to some pretty way out stuff on the radio.You know what Im talking about...ailien

abductions,UFO's,Government cover ups and all that neat stuff.Once in a while,the guests on the particular program

I listen to are actualy kinda credible tho,and it becomes the task of the listener to figure out the sane from the

rest.The guest on the program last night has a web site where I found this little nugget of gold.Orriginaly in the

Washingto Times,it sheds some light upon the cockroaches in the kitchen of our nation.

http://www.washingt

onpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/15/AR2005111501842_pf.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/15/AR2005111501842_pf.html)

Things like this go on in a country

where over half of the population owns firearms?

DrSmellThis
11-19-2005, 05:10 AM
I saw the story several days

ago, and wasn't suprised. Everyone should know by now that oil companies (and Halliburton and some other large

corporations) determine U.S. energy policy and lots of other U.S. policies. There's not even a conflict of

interest, because that is the ruling interest. It's all about lining their pockets, and not at all about the

interest of the American people. It was important enought to start a war over.

Almost everyone in Bush's

administration or in foreign posts (or the new president of Afghanistan) has deep oil ties. Notice they're all

lying blatantly about it. Cheney and Bush will lie about it too, or refuse to comment; claiming exectutive

priviledge, and a right to "confidentiality."

Still we're paying $3 for gas, due to all the price gouging.

Icehawk
11-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Just to put it in perspective,

here in Toronto, we use $Can / liter. ie. 3$US per gallon = 1.06$Can per liter. Here we pay ~0.80$Can. So you guys

are paying like 25% more just for being over the border.

belgareth
11-19-2005, 09:30 AM
First, lets point out that we

pay less for fuel than almost anywhere else in the world. Ok, economies of scale come into play and we are a major

producer. We still import far more than we produce. Much of the world would like to know why we pay so little for

fuel.

Second, is it really still that high other places? I paid $2.06 for gas yesterday. Still high and will

probably go up again for the holidays in another traditional false shortage.

Third, Anybody here besides me

remember the oil embargo in the '80's? This isn't about any one administration. This manipulation has been going

on for a long time under every president. It isn't a party issue or a "Who's in office now?" issue, it is a cronic

desease that has been allowed to grow in this country for too long. It's all part of a serious illness within our

country that has nothing to do with party affiliation. It has to do with a basic dishonesty within and encompassing

our entire government structure. It isn't any one thing, it's a thousand other things all wrapped into one big

issue...OUR GOVERNMENT IS OWNED BY BIG BUSINESS AND WE ARE GETTING SCREWED DAILY!

tim929
11-19-2005, 02:34 PM
One aspect of that to consider is

that in the UK,people actualy pay LESS for fuel.But the taxes that are tacked onto the price of a gallon of gas are

alot higher.Its that way thruout most of the world.In 1999,the price per gallon of gasoline was the equivelent of

$1.05.In the US it was $1.09.But after taxes were assesed to those prices,suddenly folks in Britain were paying

almost three and a half times what we were paying for the same fuel.

As for the assertion that "who's in office

now" doesnt paly a big roll in this...you are both right and wrong.The fact is that the oil companies will flece the

consumer no matter what.But who is in office will help determine weather we get scalped,or just get a realy bad hair

cut.Who's in office now plays a part in weather or not anybody is accused and later prosecuted for fraud.

I am

personaly not against outragouse prices at the fuel pump.What I am against is the fact the the money being collected

is serving to purchase someones new penthouse appartment and a new yacht as opposed to going toward trying to help

control poverty in our country.And to those nice folks that think only Republicans are to blame...I have some rather

shocking news for you.Many Democrats have been manuvering and posturing to protect the oil companies too...

Belgareth...I am jelous that you only paid $2.06...where Im at the best price in recent memory was $2.44 9/10 that

I paid yesterday.

Netghost56
11-19-2005, 04:06 PM
1.79 is the lowest we've had

in the past few weeks. Texarkana, TX.